Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are missing each others point here, you can't catchup with an unknown target that keeps moving.

It's going to keep moving even without immigrants as the population will keep increasing via reproduction. The point is that immigration makes it easier to catch that unknown target.

I see the Tory's small business letter is already in trouble due to various signatories not running small businesses and others asking to be removed.

(That link also contains an accusation about the letter being authored by Tory HQ but I think that's unfair as all the metadata shows is who put the letter together in its .pdf form)

I preferred their story from yesterday where the headline writer seems to think that Ed Miliband is Godzilla. :p

Sadly none of my candidates are credible bar one, but I can not bring myself to vote for their party, I shall most likely be drawing large genitals on my ballot paper this year.

#1 Non-EU immigrants do not make a net contribution.
#2 EU immigrants MAY at best make a small (£5bn) net contribution.
#3 Both of these values are best case scenarios as the study did not fully cost immigrants or consider the long term implications.

Why are you bringing non-EU immigrants into this? We already have control over their visas (unfortunately the last government made some clangers on that front, getting rid of work visas for recent university graduates for example :rolleyes:).

The people worrying about "uncontrolled immigration" are talking about EU migration, which as you say, probably adds more to the exchequer than it costs.

Which study are you saying was falsified? Because the various headlines I've seen suggest EU migrants add £20-25 bn to the economy.

Why are you bringing non-EU immigrants into this? We already have control over their visas (unfortunately the last government made some clangers on that front, getting rid of work visas for recent university graduates for example :rolleyes:).

I still find it bizarre that the immigration we can control, actually went up! Goes to show the Tories are as pointless and useless as Labour was when it comes to immigration overall and cannot be trusted either.

I still find it bizarre that the immigration we can control, actually went up! Goes to show the Tories are as pointless and useless as Labour was when it comes to immigration overall and cannot be trusted either.

No, it shows that controlling immigration is neither simple, effective, or worht wile for EU immigrant.

If the uncontrolled immigrants contribute more than the controlled immigrants, and the UK sees less uncontrolled than controlled immigrants, then why all the fuss and bother over trying to control the EU immigrants? it obviously doesn't work, we have objective proof of that.

If it doesn't work how certain people want in its current conception. That doesn't mean it couldn't work if done differently.

Or it might fail differently.

Considering EU immigration is working I fail to see the need to spend time and resources on it when there is so much more pressing issues to look at. As I ahve said many time before, why worry about a small group of net contributors when there are serious socioeconomic problems in Britain.

Working overall, by a small amount, in terms of there being a net contribution economically. Sorting the wheat from the chaff could make it work better, though.

Why not worry about more than one thing? :eek:

Quite a large amount, 34% net contribution vs -11% cost is quite a large difference. If we want a greater total GDP increase then we will need to encourage more EU immigrants. It is hard to have a big impact when there are relatively few EU immigrants. Total UK immigration level is remarkably low compared to other developed countries.

"Sorting the wheat from the chaff could make it work better", it could also make it worse. Don't fix soemthing which is broken.

"Why not worry about more than one thing? :"
because there are numerous things to worry about as it is, so why worry about something which isn't a problem, unless you are just xenophobic and don't want foreigners?

Encourage more EU migrants? If they're free to move, why haven't more chosen to? Perhaps there's a limit on how much migration can benefit (in the sense that after a certain point all the skills gaps are filled, etc)?
Perhaps, perhaps not. maybe the chest beatings of the far right is dissuading productive workers form joining the British labour pool?

Don't try and improve something which is arguably working okay? Your #settleformediocrity slogan is inspiring! :p

Let me know when you have found a cure for cancer, combated global climate change, arranged world peace, secured clean reliable energy for Britain's future, improved education standard, public transportation, health, NHS and increased GDP per capita 50%, improved quality of life indices, resolved pension crises, greatly reduced public debt, resolved the need for food banks, removed poverty, prevented benefits fraud and closed all tax loop holes, increased trade, fix the housing crisis, etc.

Just had a "telephone poll survey"

Naturally I stated UKIP this election and also previous elections but some of the questions never had a UKIP choice

ie: Would I chose either
1: Tory & Libdem coalition
2: Labour & lib-dem coalition

etc (can't remember all the options) and I said none of those but she was adamant I had to chose one of the options to which I replied "out of those options it would have to be Tory & Lib-Dem"

This gives a VERY skewed result as No way in hell would I vote for any of those !!

Naturally I stated UKIP this election and also previous elections but some of the questions never had a UKIP choice

etc (can't remember all the options) and I said none of those but she was adamant I had to chose one of the options to which I replied "out of those options it would have to be Tory & Lib-Dem"

This gives a VERY skewed result as No way in hell would I vote for any of those !!

But you wont have a choice come May7th of a UKIP coalition and even if there was a choice that is irrelevant to the question at hand.

Would you rather have 1) a Ferrari or 2) a Lamborghini.

Saying you want Porche is not answering the question.

Would you care to mention which company was doing the survey? I have my suspicions.

Can't remember. She did offer a telephone number to verify and who the poll was by but I thought it would be a chance to get a UKIP perspective over and so wasn't interested in who the poll was by.

Cameron or Ed Milliband ?

Neither

You have to choose one or t'other !!

Least worst option then "Cameron".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom