Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true, and that explains why they will likely keep that seat

Clacton would elect that guy if he was running for the monster raving looney party, that's why UKIP headhunted him, they knew if they could recruit him it would cause a by election that he would walk and they would get an MP plus a metric truckload of publicity.

I can tell you one thing and that's UKIP have at least 1 seat 99.999% guaranteed in my area. That's because of their Rep, Douglas Carswell who for someone reason everyone loves and will vote purely for him. He left the conservatives sometime last year and joined UKIP.

So odds of 0 seats = non existent

and the amount of UKIP propaganda I see in peoples windows and outside their houses is unreal. Ive never seen any party have that much propaganda anywhere.

Surely no one likes a turncoat, wait and see

Cameron is rumoured to announce no tax increases during the next parliament if the Tories get in!

Brace yourself for gargantuan cuts if that happens!

I really don't get the fundamental argument of UKIP. They argue that uncontrolled immigration has a knock on effect on our infrastructure. However, it is a fact that EU migrant workers make a positive fiscal contribution, more so than 'native' workers and non-EU migrant workers. So, if EU migrant workers are bringing more money in, why not just spend it on infrastructure, thus enabling our economy to grow further?

It seems to me like UKIP will just harm business and stifle economic growth.

lol you are too intelligent for this debate Sunbed.

Why let the facts get in the way of a good arguement.

UKIP basically say that all British that are unemployed are unemployed due to cheap eastern european labour.

This is a myth peddled quite brilliantly by Farage et al as fact.

The guy is very bright and knows he's going to make loads of money without actually contributing much.

Cameron is rumoured to announce no tax increases during the next parliament if the Tories get in!

Brace yourself for gargantuan cuts if that happens!

Err, I just saw this on the news....He has said he will enshrine in law that income tax, vat and NI will be locked for the next term of the parliament :confused::eek:

Is he trying to save money by not needing a chancellor anymore?

Of course, there's plenty of other taxes they can increase, but none on these levels....wwhat a weird thing to do, financially hamstring yourself, especially in these economic uncertain times

lol you are too intelligent for this debate Sunbed.

Why let the facts get in the way of a good arguement.

UKIP basically say that all British that are unemployed are unemployed due to cheap eastern european labour.

This is a myth peddled quite brilliantly by Farage et al as fact.

The guy is very bright and knows he's going to make loads of money without actually contributing much.

I don't think UKIP say that at all. There are loads of underclass white british scumbags who just live on benefits and never even attempt to get jobs, the issue is our benefits system in general.

Reduce low skilled immigration, reduce out of work benefits and increase the minimum wage. All 3 need to be done to force these people to actually start working for a living.

Err, I just saw this on the news....He has said he will enshrine in law that income tax, vat and NI will be locked for the next term of the parliament :confused::eek:

Is he trying to save money by not needing a chancellor anymore?

Of course, there's plenty of other taxes they can increase, but none on these levels....wwhat a weird thing to do, financially hamstring yourself, especially in these economic uncertain times

Utterly bizarre decision, governments need flexibility to raise money in terms of crisis so this law makes no sense at all. When questioned about this by John Humphreys on the radio, Hague just said that because they'd fixed the economy the country would be in a much better position to weather any international crisis such as a war, or global economic depression. That basically means they'd borrow money in such an event doesn't it? Exactly what they've been criticising Labour for the last five years.

Here's another story of coalition failure: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...gramme-to-save-lives-by-reducing-salt-in-food

The coalition government derailed a programme that aimed to save lives by reducing the amount of salt in food and then gave industry too much power over a replacement scheme, according to health experts.

Stripping the Food Standards Agency (FSA) of its responsibility for nutrition in 2010 – a decade after Labour set it up – slowed progress in cutting premature deaths linked to high blood pressure, the experts claim in their paper in the BMJ.
A further 6,000 deaths a year from heart attacks or strokes might have been prevented if the reduction programme had not been interrupted before resuming under an industry-dominated committee.

I remember complaining about this as it was one of the first things the coalition did, saying it would set the tone for this parliament. 6,000 deaths might have been prevented if they'd left well alone, sheesh.

Utterly bizarre decision, governments need flexibility to raise money in terms of crisis so this law makes no sense at all. When questioned about this by John Humphreys on the radio, Hague just said that because they'd fixed the economy the country would be in a much better position to weather any international crisis such as a war, or global economic depression. That basically means they'd borrow money in such an event doesn't it? Exactly what they've been criticising Labour for the last five years.

To be fair, rises in those 3 things are extremely rare. I see what you're trying to say but the likelihood of raising those 3, even in a crisis is highly unlikely. Since 2008 crash in reality they've only rose the VAT 2.5%

To be fair, rises in those 3 things are extremely rare. I see what you're trying to say but the likelihood of raising those 3, even in a crisis is highly unlikely. Since 2008 crash in reality they've only rose the VAT 2.5%

There's been a new top rate of income tax as well - up from 40p to 45p (after a brief spell at 50p.

Conspiracy theory time - I still think the Tories want to raise VAT to 22.5%. It wouldn't surprise me if they've announced this knowing that the LibDems will never go for it as part of a coalition and therefore it's a handy excuse to blame someone else for the tax rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom