Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, rises in those 3 things are extremely rare. I see what you're trying to say but the likelihood of raising those 3, even in a crisis is highly unlikely. Since 2008 crash in reality they've only rose the VAT 2.5%

As usual you are incorrect in your facts and assumptions

Class 1 and Class 4 NI went up in 2011 and Class 2 NI has gone up every year.

I stand corrected :)

So i think it's good for all 3 to freeze it then

I dunno, it just seems crazy to me to take such a definite action, enshrine it in law :confused:, when you have no idea what is going to happen next year, let alone in 2020

Sure, make a pledge an undertaking, but you still need the control and 'economic levers' to be able to take whatever action when it is needed.

I dunno, it just seems crazy to me to take such a definite action, enshrine it in law :confused:, when you have no idea what is going to happen next year, let alone in 2020

Sure, make a pledge an undertaking, but you still need the control and 'economic levers' to be able to take whatever action when it is needed.

Smacks of complete desperation. The Tories are trying to buy the election and the gullible will go along with it.

As you say, without control over the levers will only mean more austerity for the vulnerable

Just when I thought I couldn't have any less respect for Ed Miliband

[over the Russell Brand interview news report]

Why? What's wrong with this, exactly? People will watch this video and hear what Ed Miliband says who wouldn't watch mainstream election reporting. Politicians trying to reach out to less politically engaged people is a very good thing despite the increasingly bizarre and frenzied howling of the right wing media.

I remember complaining about this as it was one of the first things the coalition did, saying it would set the tone for this parliament. 6,000 deaths might have been prevented if they'd left well alone, sheesh.

6,000 a year according to that excerpt - 30,000 over the parliament.

Interesting, I just looked on their website but couldn't find anything in the headlines.

The reason cnbc is the best news chanel is that it is truely live and doesn't just repeat itself every 30/60 mins it pretty much never repeats itself and i very much doubt much of their content would be headlined on their site.

This Conservative effort has to be the worst run campaign by a party in living memory.

I stand corrected :)

So i think it's good for all 3 to freeze it then

It isn't though, given that the economy is recovering and we have no idea what will happen in the next parliament, or how much money will be needed, or what sort of further austerity measures would be forced upon us.

I'm interested to see how confident you are that worst case they'll get a handful...

With our electoral system I'll be genuinely surprised if they get any, saying that though I don't know the local imperatives that could influence particular constituencies.

This Conservative effort has to be the worst run campaign by a party in living memory.

I agree, it has just been a shocking array of just negative slurs and blatant bribes

I have just completely switched off from the news and all electioneering these last couple of weeks. Any policy they (any party) announce now will just be headline grabbing BS that will be unlikely to see the light of day anyway.

Agreed. They've lost my vote this time.

Amusing them trying to make a big deal out of the Russell Brand thing, then this appears.

katie_hopkins.jpg

I'm not sure either the 1997 'New Labour, New Danger' campaign or Howard's 2005 campaign were better.

What's extraordinary about this one is how the Tories have shot their own foxes in this one: despite their atrocious economic record they're widely viewed as a safer pair of hands on the economy but have largely failed to make it part of their campaign. When they have they've promised totally contradictory things: more austerity! but tax cuts and baubles for the NHS!

Meanwhile Crosby and the Tory-loving media's long running attempt to character assassinate Ed Miliband has been so overblown that I think it's actually backfired. Ed may not be the slickest of operators but he's actually not that bad and can speak with passion and conviction and as soon as the election campaign started that was bound to show through. By talking him down so much the Tories actually managed to make him appear better than he is. Astonishing.

Brilliant, just brilliant!

I half expect DC to pose smoking a cig (with Crosby in the background) just to see if he can squeeze a few more votes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom