Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A bit slower from me to start this thread than intended but this is a fourth chance to indicate your voting intentions and see if there have been any changes over time.

It covers all parties who currently have at least one seat in the House of Commons but if you're going to vote for another party that isn't listed then you can indicate that with the "other" option and explain (or not). It's anonymous so unless you want to say who you're voting for there's no need to post it.

The options in alphabetical order are are:
Alliance Party of Northern Ireland
Conservative
Democratic Unionist Party
Green Party
Labour
Liberal Democrat
Not voting/will spoil ballot
Other party (not named)
Plaid Cymru
Respect Party
Scottish National Party
Social Democratic and Labour Party
Sinn Fein
UKIP

The poll runs for 7 days from today, after that point there might be another poll to see if the voting intentions change.

Round 1 of the polling.
Round 2 of the polling.
Round 3 of the polling.

Why? The people on this forum are mostly right-far right and have been since I first started posting here back in ???? The poll will never reflect anywhere near the result of the real world voter. Look at how OCUK voted in 2010.

PS I have had to sign up again twice .... can any long serving poster remember roughly how long ago that is?

Soldato
What have they done?

It's a very long list (The Cardiff assembly in general don't give a **** about the north, which has turned out to be much worse than pre-devolution when Westminster mistreated all of Wales equally).

One of the best examples is that in North Wales the are three big hospitals, one in the north east, one in the north west and one in the north center. The North Wales NHS trust decided that it needed to close full maternity services at one of the hospitals to save money (Cardiff agreed) they then decided that the central one was the best bet as people could just be sent to the east/west ones depending which was closer (Cardiff agreed).

The public and local MP's then pointed out that the East hospital is actually right next to an English hospital which does the same services, and has actually offered to take on the additional patients created by closing the East hospitals maternity services (like it did before those services were added to the East hospital). The NHS decided that was a silly idea as that hospital was in England (Cardiff agreed).

That is one of many examples, and despite it also being the Welsh health boards fault I specifically chose it because it quite easily shows not just a complete screw up directly caused by the Welsh assembly and Welsh health board. But one that would not have happened under Westminster and the old National Health Service.

Caporegime
People on here are probably of a higher average intelligence than most other forums and general polling. Hence why people apply logic rather than the usual "I don't like the conservative posh nobs" or "I don't like how Miliband eats a sandwich" nonsense.

I'm not traditional a conservative voter myself but its hard to deny that compared to the last Labour government they are doing a better job. Now maybe that's the the global economic cycle/situation we are currently in helping the conservatives rather than their own making. But either way in Wales we have a labour led Welsh Assembly, and the nonsense and mess they are making of things here just confirms my fears of another labour government right now.

Intelligence is correlated its progressive and left politics though, which is exactly why in general tech forums are actually almost universally more left leaning than the generals public.

Associate
Intelligence is correlated its progressive and left politics though, which is exactly why in general tech forums are actually almost universally more left leaning than the generals public.

I guess the conservative vote is high though as are they really right wing any more? Answer probably no, just right of centre or certainly this coalition anyway. Hence why UKIP are about occupying what was once old school Conservatives?

Perhaps they should bring a Labour/New Labour spin to this and call themselves "New Conservatives" hehe

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
A labour libdem coalition could work if between them they have more MPs than the Tories as there's no way the SNP could side with the Tories without screwing themselves.

Fair point. A Labour/Lib Dem coalition doesn't need SNP support, it just needs the SNP to abstain. As long as the SNP abstain where they don't agree with Lab/Lib, Lab/Lib can have everything their way.

I guess the Smith Report's recommendations would be the cost of such an arrangement.

Soldato
I guess the conservative vote is high though as are they really right wing any more? Answer probably no, just right of centre or certainly this coalition anyway. Hence why UKIP are about occupying what was once old school Conservatives?

Perhaps they should bring a Labour/New Labour spin to this and call themselves "New Conservatives" hehe
Well, I believe the reduced intelligence is more commonly associated with socially ring wing views.

A majority of the Conservative voters on this forum do tend to be socially liberal (in favour of equal rights, against racism, homophobia, care about things other than immigration). It's the economic aspect which they fall to the right, against welfare, in favour of lower taxes for higher earners, against state intervention etc.

Many of the socially right wing members have switched to UKIP over the last year.

Soldato
Still can't vote for who I may wish to, so screw em, what's the point?

I feel your pain. I know the whole political process isn't great as it is, first past the post and forming a government without a majority of UK votes no matter who is the government, but not really having the option to vote for a party you may want to vote for is wrong and totally against the democratic process such as it is.

My sister is Buckingham constituency as well.

Soldato
Well, I believe the reduced intelligence is more commonly associated with socially ring wing views.

A majority of the Conservative voters on this forum do tend to be socially liberal (in favour of equal rights, against racism, homophobia, care about things other than immigration). It's the economic aspect which they fall to the right, against welfare, in favour of lower taxes for higher earners, against state intervention etc.

Many of the socially right wing members have switched to UKIP over the last year.

Maybe we should be voting for each individual policy put forward from all parties and the policies from each category that get voted for are the ones a "government" selected in some other way, jury type system, then has to implement.

I just hate the way politics is in our country. Ultimately self serving, perceived as corrupt and now seen as not really wanting to have their system looked into too deeply, or criticised, with things like the Chilcot Report and the recent paedophile revelations that they seem to want swept under the carpet despite all the ******** Theresa May and others are saying.

Soldato
Ocuk is just an exception, I don't have enough info to deduce why its users lean right away but if I were to guess I'd say the initial 'core' of users happened to be leaning right and they attracted other users with similar opinions. This isn't enough to explain the current situation but maybe some of the older members can confirm it was a factor?

Caporegime

Personally disagree with this. Having been on the forum a while now, I do not think that is true at all.

Soldato
Can we stop confusing right-wing with authoritarian! I'd say the majority here are socially liberal, but economically right. I am anyway, I believe in a small government first and foremost.

Soldato
Somebody used a camera phone to film Alex Salmond at a recent campaign and he said that if there's a SNP/Labour coalition then he'll we writing Labours budget lol.

Caporegime
Somebody used a camera phone to film Alex Salmond at a recent campaign and he said that if there's a SNP/Labour coalition then he'll we writing Labours budget lol.

He'd do a damn fine better job than Labour could, considering he was first an economist.
Albeit, perhaps a less than stellar one

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why? The people on this forum are mostly right-far right and have been since I first started posting here back in ???? The poll will never reflect anywhere near the result of the real world voter. Look at how OCUK voted in 2010.

PS I have had to sign up again twice .... can any long serving poster remember roughly how long ago that is?

It's about plotting change as the election becomes closer rather than the absolute values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom