Gigabyte EX58 UD5 multiple restart on cold boot

Soldato
It's definitely updated to F9?

I really don't understand how this has worked tbh, I've tried this on more than one occasion, and on 3 different systems using this motherboard, and each time I got the same results...

Maybe it's because I have quite a lot of settings altered in my profiles, whereas these o/ced bundles have a pretty generic profile tbh (no offence to OcUK intended!).

@mrix was your system built around a bundle mate?

Soldato
Its always a bad a idea to reuse profiles with a new bios. You got lucky is all, case in point. From F7 > F9 you'll see the inclusion of dynamic vcore.

The old profile won't have that and something so fundamental could cause all manner of problems if not setup correctly.

Soldato
I tried to load a 4ghz profile from the F7 bios to use with the F10 one and got a warning message, read through the settings are they were fairly scrambled so loaded defaults and started from scratch. Probably the better option really.

Associate
ive just emailed them to see if they will send me he F10 profile.

i didnt even know there was an F10 until you mentioned it.

im gonna change to the F10 now and load my overclocked profile.

ill report back if it works ok or not.

Associate
ive updated to the F10 bios and loaded my overclocked profile and its worked a treat. no errors or nothing.
Untitled.jpg

Soldato
You use @BIOS to flash?!?! :o

After I screwed up an old MSI motherboard from flashing the BIOS via windows I swore never to use a Windows based flashing utility ever again..

It's always best to flash from a floppy/usb pendrive using the Q-Flash utility on Gigabyte mobos.

Associate
Hi gazjones105, did you manage to get an f10 profile? if you did how did you get on with it?
Cheers
mrix

im still awaiting response from overclockers to see if they can send me the F10 profile.

for now though im using the overclock profile from the F7 on my F10 and everything is working fine. i know there have been additional stuff addd to the bios since F7 (like dynamic vcore) but these are all set to auto anyway.

ill let you know if i get the F10 profile off overclockers.

Associate
Hi gazjones105, did you manage to get an f10 profile? if you did how did you get on with it?
Cheers
mrix

this was my response from overclockers...

Dear gareth jones, At the moment we do not have the settings that work on the F10 BIOS due to us not supporting the F10 at the moment. Hopefully over the next couple of days we will try and get a bundle setup with the F10 BIOS and see if we can get a stable overclock.

Associate
re:

I have just received my ram back!!! they say there is nothing wrong with it:mad:

I had to purchase a new set of ram £190 which fortunately shows all 6gb and runs fine...
I re-fit the ram they sent back just to see if anything changed but still only showing 4gb seen on boot up! and showing 4gb usable in properties:mad:

Next I go through trying the 3 sticks in the first slot like I had done before.... 2 sticks fine showing motherboard code of FF the other ram doesnt boot up the system showing code of C1

They have charged me for re-testing and now I have to send it back again:mad:

understandably I am not happy.

mrix

Soldato
Mate, if I were you I'd be sending these back to the manufacturer, if you send them back to OcUK again they're only going to tell you the exact same thing.

I understand what you're going through, I've had similar things happen to me in the past where I've tested stuff and found them faulty, only to RMA them and get told there was nothing wrong with them, it is highly frustrating to say the least, and even more annoying when you spend yet more money on replacements!

What type of RAM is it?

I was going to say it's maybe a compatibility issue, but this was bought as a bundle so that clearly isn't the case.

Associate
re:

Things have taken a turn for the better and overclockers have asked me to send back the faulty set and they will re-fund me.
There was light at the end of the tunnel:)
Cheers all
mrix

Associate
F10 bios done

Hi guys just wanted to let everyone here know that because of my issues with the overclocked bundle i have just flashed my bios to the F10 bios..
After flashing i loaded the optimised settings rebooted and it was fine...
I then loaded my ocuk overclocked profile and it was fine also...
The only thing i need to do now is check the stability.. Anyone any ideas on what i can use to check it...

f10biosoverclock.png
cpuzf10bios.png

f10biosoverclock2.png
f10biosoverclock3.png

f10biosoverclock4.png

this is what cpuz looks like 10 mins after i did it.. Anyone see any probs gimmie a shout please.

Last edited:
Associate
re:

Dear gareth jones, At the moment we do not have the settings that work on the F10 BIOS due to us not supporting the F10 at the moment. Hopefully over the next couple of days we will try and get a bundle setup with the F10 BIOS and see if we can get a stable overclock.

I rang them with this issue and they said the same thing;)
Lets hope they can come up with something:)

That would be the icing on the cake:)

Cheers
mrix

Back
Top Bottom