Gigabyte EX58 UD5 multiple restart on cold boot

Associate
Hi Mrix,

How good is your air flow in your case?

50 degrees on idle is high, what is the temp on load?

who fitted the CPU cooler was it you or OcUK?.

Your actual voltages settings are fine for 4Ghz O/C, you could try lower your CPU Voltage of 1.3500v if you like.

Drop it one setting back and retest.

You can play with the memory timings to improve performance, if you like as well.

Associate
re:

Hi Simon,

How good is your air flow in your case?

I have a huge Coolermaster case with 2 fans at the front and one at the top.
I have the H50 Liquid cooler with 2 fans cooling the radiator.

When I had the F7 bios and the profile overclockers provided for me the temps were just 40c and below.

But since the F9 and this new profile its around 50c and a little over on idle:confused:

Cheers
mrix

Associate
re:

I tried dropping the CPU volts down 1 and 2 notches from the drop down menu which definitely helped temp wise but under load it would only step up to 2800 max :confused:
Cheers
mrix

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Mrix,

You must be still running on default settings.

have a look at your BCLK Frequency should be 200 and your CPU Clock ratio should be 20

Associate
re:

You must be still running on default settings.

Yes for some reason after checking those setting it appears to of gone back to default settings..
I have dropped the voltage again down 2 notches and rebooted.
I am now seeing 4ghz overclock on load with a temp of around 45c to 48c on idle.
The bedroom here is freezing though as I am trying to keep the temp down on the PC but just wondering whats it going to be like when the warm weather arrives:confused:

Is it possible to bring down this temp further with bios tweaking?

Cheers Simon
mrix

Associate
re:

Just noticed something strange today:confused:
While right clicking "my computer" then properties to check out my CPU ghz etc.
I noticed this below...

Installed memory (RAM) 6.00GB (4.00GB usable) ??????

any idea`s why it recognises the 6gb but only 4gb is usable??

thanks for any help all.

mrix

Soldato
Oh my, not another person with the 4GB problem...

I'm seeing more and more people with this issue lately.

It's really difficult to diagnose this problem tbh, as it can be lots of different things that can cause this to happen.

Does it do this all the time, even with the BIOS optimized defaults loaded?

Check the CPU socket for any bent pins, as this can cause RAM to dissapear.

Try re-seating your RAM, making sure that they are pushed into the DIMM slot properly.

Sometimes if you aren't giving your IMC enough voltage it can cause this to happen, so simply raising QPI/Vtt up a couple of notches in the BIOS can clear things up.

If it still does this with optimized defaults, then you can rule out your overclocked settings as being the problem..

You've probably already mentioned in this thread, but I'll ask again to save me digging through to find my answer, which cooler are you using?

::edit::

You are using a 64bit OS aren't you?

If you're only using 32bit Windows, then that will explain why you're only seeing 4GB usable, as 32bit OS'es can only address 4GB of RAM.

Associate
re:

Just dropped the settings back to default and all is good again, all ram being used :confused
The only thing I changed on the overclock settings was the CPU voltage, so when I dropped that my ram only usage was only 4gb.
Cheers
mrix
flogging a dead horse is starting to spring to mind.

Last edited:
Associate
re:

i know its good to mess about with settings and all but sometimes they never work properly i prefer a stable system to a little more speed.

Yes totally agree myself so that's why I purchased this overclocked bundle from overclockers thinking that it would be stable.
Unfortunately trying to get through to their system support phone line is impossible, well I didn't manage it after countless calls.
As for the customer forum support I was not really getting anywhere and the responces took 24 hours at least:confused:

Cheers
mrix

Associate
Just noticed something strange today
While right clicking "my computer" then properties to check out my CPU ghz etc.
I noticed this below...

Installed memory (RAM) 6.00GB (4.00GB usable) ??????

I too have the same issue. I'd noticed this when I first bought the system, and after reading through various forums, from what I'd read just assumed that 2 GB was being reserved by the system and that was normal.

But I've just reset the bios to the optimised defaults, and when running those the full 6GB is shown as being used/available.

So it's definitley the overclock causing the problem.

I have to agree with mrix, the reason I purchased from overclockers was because I did not want to have to overclock myself. Unfortunately their overclock doesn't seem that great/stable, and indeed has caused issues in how the system runs.

I too have found their customer support to be poor, after having to wait for an inital response to the bios upgrade query I originally sent them, the bios profile they sent me for the new bios would not even work on my system.
I replied directly to the person who sent me the new bios profile by email, but 10 days later I still haven't got a reply. In the end I managed to get the overclock working again by inputting all the settings (I'd written down) in directly.

The memory issue was like that from day 1, so it's not down to a bios upgrade.

At the moment I'm just running at the stock speed. It's fast enough for general use. When I need the extra oomph for video encoding work I'll just load the overclocked profile. But it's not really what I expected when paying out for a pre overclocked system.

Associate
re:

Its great on here that many are willing to help where they can which I am most grateful for but at the end of the day overclockers should be issuing us with a stable bios as this system did cost us an arm and a leg:eek:.
Cheers
mrix

Soldato
Is anyone getting these problems at stock (I know some of you bought overclocked bundles)?

It sounds just like the sort of thing I experienced when unlocking my CPU cores and overclocking before I got it really stable. Indefinite Prime blend stability does not mean you have a stable PC if there are other issues.

Back
Top Bottom