Gigabyte EX58 UD5 multiple restart on cold boot

Soldato
F9 also added Back to Back (B2B) cas delay, quick memory timing and Dynamic vCore options as well, also, if you're using RAID, there is no longer that long delay in the RAID BIOS screen that happened with F7, there's probably some other things that I've missed to..

I've been using F9 beta BIOS since they first came about, and they are way better the F7.

Associate
I've upgraded my bios from F7 to F9 and I've been putting my over-clock settings into the new bios but I am not sure what to do Dynamic vCore which must be new should I leave this alone can anyone advise me please ? :confused:

Associate
Dynamic vcore will allow your core to run at reduce power voltage on the idle settings (lower than originally value) to the chip

For example, my original CPU-Z idle voltage was 1.23125v and now it is 1.056v. The load voltage is unchanged. I believe that you would normally run it with Intel CPU power saving function enabled in the bios as well

To enable the Dynamic vcore setting you will need to use/set "Normal" mode within CPU Vcore.

Then add or subtract the amount needed to reach your target Vcore voltage. I using +0.12500v Dynamic vcore (DVID), you may need more or less on top of your default CPU Vcore

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks SimonD I understand what you mean so I guess using Dynamic vcore would mean lower cpu idle temperatures as well.

Associate
Bios versions

Hi guys i have been having the same glichy little problem but only the odd occasion..
What im interested in is if i upgrade my bios from the f7 to the f9 or possibly the f10
will i be able to load my overclocked profile that is saved or does it wipe it clean...
The other question is would i be able to save my profile to a usb pen and reload it after the bios upgrade..
will it work...without having to mess around too much..

Associate
In my experience profiles from a previous bios are not 100% compatible.
Is best to take a picture or write your settings down prior to flashing.

Matt

Associate
Hi guys i have been having the same glichy little problem but only the odd occasion..
What im interested in is if i upgrade my bios from the f7 to the f9 or possibly the f10
will i be able to load my overclocked profile that is saved or does it wipe it clean...
The other question is would i be able to save my profile to a usb pen and reload it after the bios upgrade..
will it work...without having to mess around too much..

If you upgrade your bios from the F7 to the F9 or F10, you will lose your overclocked profile that is saved within the bios using F11 key.

It good practice to load optimizes defaults after a bios upgrade as well.

You should not use a saved bios profile from a USE pen as it may not be 100% compatible as "mattup" suggested as well.

Associate
If you upgrade your bios from the F7 to the F9 or F10, you will lose your overclocked profile that is saved within the bios using F11 key.

It good practice to load optimizes defaults after a bios upgrade as well.

You should not use a saved bios profile from a USE pen as it may not be 100% compatible as "mattup" suggested as well.

Thanks for the info bud, so my profile is no good when i update the bios is what your saying. :mad:
can i not manually change things back to what they were if i take a copy of my profile before the
update or have i got to have a new setup all together..If so, could you or anyone point me in the right direction...

Soldato
Thanks for the info bud, so my profile is no good when i update the bios is what your saying. :mad:
can i not manually change things back to what they were if i take a copy of my profile before the
update or have i got to have a new setup all together..If so, could you or anyone point me in the right direction...
Yes you can just put the settings back manually, then save the profile. Take some photo's or record the original settings. Updated bios' occasionally have new functions which can throw you. And aren't necessarily as stable as an earlier one. On some occasions you may even find the newer bios is MORE stable and allows better clocks or lower voltages or both. So might take some fine tuning.

Associate
Yes you can just put the settings back manually, then save the profile. Take some photo's or record the original settings. Updated bios' occasionally have new functions which can throw you. And aren't necessarily as stable as an earlier one. On some occasions you may even find the newer bios is MORE stable and allows better clocks or lower voltages or both. So might take some fine tuning.

Thanks, thats just what i wanted to hear..:D

Associate
i got the 4.00ghz overclock bundle and went from F7 to F9 and used the same ocuk overclock profile that i first saved on a flash drive.

the system seems to be the same and ive not had any problems so far.

Associate
not a single thing. i actually went from F7 to F9beta and then F9.

when i had the F7 i had the sleep mode issue where the pc would not return from sleep but now its fine. ive never had any issues with this board its been fantastic.

just waiting now to throw a fermi in it next month!!!

Associate
re:

i got the 4.00ghz overclock bundle and went from F7 to F9 and used the same ocuk overclock profile that i first saved on a flash drive.

Are you sure it actually updated the bios as my flashed a red screen for a fraction of a second and showed that it was a wrong profile and did not load. I needed another profile for the f9.

Cheers
mrix

Soldato
iirc it isn't possible to use a BIOS profile from say F7 on another BIOS version, I have a USB pen drive filled with different BIOS'es and profiles, and I have tried using F7 profiles on F9 and when I saved and exited the BIOS when the machine went to POST the chassis speaker started beeping like crazy and my system rebooted and gave me the o/c failed warning and put everything back to stock.

Associate
yeah my profile loaded fine

after updating the bios to F9 all my overclocked settings were gone so i just loaded them back up from the flash drive.

ive checked the bios and the overclocked settings are all there and correct.

ive not had any bios error messages or warning lights. the code on the motherboard is still FF (which means ok)

Back
Top Bottom