Gigabyte EX58 UD5 multiple restart on cold boot

Soldato
Do you really need an OcUK profile? Get in there and learn what does what. Only way to learn.

BTW, flashed to F10 from F8. It needed another notch in vcore for to get the same vdrop+vdroop and stability. Haven't tried the DVID, although I will, as its the best thing about the boards now.

Associate
Do you really need an OcUK profile? Get in there and learn what does what. Only way to learn.

BTW, flashed to F10 from F8. It needed another notch in vcore for to get the same vdrop+vdroop and stability. Haven't tried the DVID, although I will, as its the best thing about the boards now.

Im trying mate but i need some good pointers.. ;)

Associate
re:

I basically purchased the overclocked bundle and if I change settings and something goes wrong I will lose warrenty. I would not like that to happen on a £650 bundle:eek:
Thats why I need the stable overclocked profile from overclockers.
Cheers
mrix

Soldato
As I've said above and an important point. A bios revision can effect stability. It's wise to know which settings you can reasonably adjust to restore the status quo. A generic profile from OcUK won't necessarily be stable, each cpu vcore is different. If you're allowed to upgrade the bios under warranty, then surely they'd have to allow 'some' leeway in the voltages?

Last edited:
Associate
re:

Basically for me I purchased the bundle as an overclocked 4ghz package and thats mainly why I purchased it.
From day one I had the cold boot issues, which became very anoying each morning:eek:
Basically now I just run on optimized defaults unless I can get a profile that actually works I am a bit stuffed.
I have thought about just sending it back but personally I dont want the headache of doing that and would far prefer to get a stable profile off overclockers that would keep my warranty intact.

Fingers crossed they can come up with something.

Cheers
mrix

Soldato
I hate to say this but using a generic overclock profile sent to you to solve issues is like hitting a bullseye with a blindfold on. More than a bit hit and miss.

Not to mention, any 'stable' profile you receive could be well use more voltage than needed. For example, looking back I see your VTT is set to Auto, that could well be a problem. And 1.35V is a little high for a D0. I've just this minute chucked in a nice 920 D0. Straight in at 4GHz on the F10, using 1.28v just for starters. Lots to do yet.

I understand why you bought it overclocked and yeah it can be a bit intimating at first, but honestly you'd be much better off learning which voltages and multipliers to tweak.

Last edited:
Associate
Basically for me I purchased the bundle as an overclocked 4ghz package and thats mainly why I purchased it.
From day one I had the cold boot issues, which became very anoying each morning:eek:
Basically now I just run on optimized defaults unless I can get a profile that actually works I am a bit stuffed.
I have thought about just sending it back but personally I dont want the headache of doing that and would far prefer to get a stable profile off overclockers that would keep my warranty intact.

Fingers crossed they can come up with something.

Cheers
mrix

if they send me it first ill let you know and could email it to you. me and you both have the exact same bundle from overclockers. ive asked them for the
F10 profile. is that the one you are after????

Associate
re:

f they send me it first ill let you know and could email it to you. me and you both have the exact same bundle from overclockers. ive asked them for the
F10 profile. is that the one you are after????

Hi there, yea same thing.

I`ll let you know if I receive anything in the form of a F10 Profile;)

but honestly you'd be much better off learning which voltages and multipliers to tweak.
Totally understand what you are saying but this bios looks very complex to anything I have seen before as the settings seem endless:confused:
Well to the untrained eye anyway, I totally respect what you are saying but I dont want to take any chances as I have never done it before and this system is one I would not like to practice on as it cost me so much.
Cheers
mrix

Soldato
That's fair enough. Be a little wary of the Auto voltage settings though, they can be dangerous as they can overvolt. See if you can replicate this screen shot. Its just a rough 5 minute overclock, but stable enough for a starting point.

96364340.png

Code:
CPU Clock Ratio [20x]
QPI Clock Ratio [X36]
BCLK [200]

Advanced CPU Features
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech [Disabled]
CPU Cores Enabled [All]
CPU Multi Threading [Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) [Enabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support [Enabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor [Enabled]
CPU EIST Function [Enabled]
Virtualization Technology [Disabled]
Bi-Directional PROCHOT [Disabled]

Uncore & QPI Features 
Uncore Clock Ratio [x16]
Isonchronous Support [Enabled]

Advanced Clock Control
Base Clock (BCLK) Control [Enabled]
PCI Express Frequency (MHz) [101]
C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

CPU Clock Drive [ 800mV]
PCI Express Clock Drive [ 900mV]
CPU Clock Skew [ 0ps]
IOH Clock Skew [ 0ps]

Performance Enhance [Standard]
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) [MANUAL]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD) [x8]
DRAM Timing Selectable (sPD) [Quick]

CAS Latency Time 8 [9]
tRCD 8 [9]
tRP 8 [9]
tRAS 20 [28]
CMD [2]

Advanced DRAM Features:
Performance Enhance [Standard]
Channel Interleaving [Auto]
Rank Interleaving [Auto]

Load Line Calibration [Enabled]
CPU Vcore [1.21250V] [1.35V]
DVID [0]
QPI/Vtt Voltage [1.335V]
IOH Core [1.2V]
DRAM Voltage [1.66V]

Advanced Voltage Control 

CPU PLL 1.800v [1.84]

PCIE 1.500v [1.5v]
QPI PLL 1.100v [1.2v]
IOH Core 1.100v [1.2v]
ICH I/O 1.500v [1.5v]
ICH Core 1.1v [1.1v]

DRAM Voltage 1.500v [1.66V]
DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh mrix, to get 4GHz stable you only have to make about 6 changes in the BIOS of a UD5, it's only when you start really tweaking things to use the lowest possible voltages that you need to start altering more settings.

Like fornowagain has stated several times there is no saying a profile from OcUK will work on your particular setup, and if it does, it could very well be using more vCore than your chip requires.

If I were you I'd just have a stab at it myself, there is plenty of folks here that can help you on your way.

Associate
re:

Tbh mrix, to get 4GHz stable you only have to make about 6 changes in the BIOS of a UD5, it's only when you start really tweaking things to use the lowest possible voltages that you need to start altering more settings.

Like fornowagain has stated several times there is no saying a profile from OcUK will work on your particular setup, and if it does, it could very well be using more vCore than your chip requires.

If I were you I'd just have a stab at it myself, there is plenty of folks here that can help you on your way.

As I explained if I go with overclockers profile I stay within warranty which is far more important to me.
They are in testing a new profile which they have started today and they feel the profile should be ok.

I am hoping I am lucky:)

Cheers
mrix

Associate
if they happen to get an F10 profile and send it to me im gonna have two children and name them "over" and "clockers"

im gonna ask again next week. dont really want to bug them everyday and make them annoyed with me lol.

Soldato
As I explained if I go with overclockers profile I stay within warranty which is far more important to me.
They are in testing a new profile which they have started today and they feel the profile should be ok.

I am hoping I am lucky:)

Cheers
mrix

You should still check those Auto voltages, just to be sure they're right.

Associate
re:

Finally got a overclockers F10 bios:)

All seems to run fine, no cold boot, no sleep mode problems.

Temp wise, on idle I get around 45 to 47 degrees which at first seemed a little high as I was concerned what it would be like under stress by playing an online game:confused:
Strange really as when I tabbed out of game to check the temp it had only risen to 55 degrees :cool:

So all pretty good really:cool:

Cheers all
mrix

Associate
Finally got a overclockers F10 bios:)

All seems to run fine, no cold boot, no sleep mode problems.

Temp wise, on idle I get around 45 to 47 degrees which at first seemed a little high as I was concerned what it would be like under stress by playing an online game:confused:
Strange really as when I tabbed out of game to check the temp it had only risen to 55 degrees :cool:

So all pretty good really:cool:

Cheers all
mrix

Hi Mrix,

Good news that it is all working ok for you now.

Did you have a look at which voltages and multipliers were change this time in this Bios F10 version.

Your problem with the memory, did you buy the same memory that you sent back to O/C?

Simon

Associate
hi,

ive just put the f10 bios and new profile on, system seems to start fine although i did get a warning first time about voltages stopping system, however when i goto play certain games the system just reboots, they work fine with default settings! any ideas?

Associate
they sent me the new f10 bios profile aswell.

they have made some new entrys in bios on the memory side of things as my memory score has gone up from 7.7 to 7.9

the new dynamic vcore ones are still at auto though. temps idle at about 44 degrees which im happy about.

3 hours of bioshock 2 rose them to just under 70 degrees.

Soldato
hi,

ive just put the f10 bios and new profile on, system seems to start fine although i did get a warning first time about voltages stopping system, however when i goto play certain games the system just reboots, they work fine with default settings! any ideas?

Grab a screen shot like the one below including the Easytune voltages, will help diagnose.

96364340.png

Back
Top Bottom