Gigabyte EX58 UD5 multiple restart on cold boot

Unfortunately I cant get easytune to run for some reason, installed ok then click the .exe and nothing:confused: tried setting it to run as administrator and still no joy:confused:
Cheers
mrix

i had this issue as well. i checked on the net to find a solution.

when you double click the exe, nothing happens.

after you double click it, look in the bottom right of the desktop....it actually does load up. just go to show hidden icons.

I had gone back to F7 as it more stable for me and correct temperature.

F10 - I don't like it - it rubbish !
Same. I went back to an earlier firmware version (F9m) after trying F10...

Did you use Dynamic Vcore with F10? I noticed it caused instability
I, myself, seem to hit problems, according to benchmarks, with F10. So far, I've achieved lowest stable voltages with F9m (Dynamic Vcore) even with all power saving features on. I haven't tried F9p or the final F9t release on Gigabyte's site.

Just started getting issues with my UD3R had it at 3.8 for a few weeks i went to turn it on earlier and it just did the cont loop on me. i cleared the cmos which worked but even if i oc my core i7 to 2.8 it just does the same loop its driving me mad. i have posted on tweaktown for advice i would rather not have to RMA it.

re:

Finally managed to get easytune working as I was running an old version:eek:

These are the settings

easytune.jpg

Cheers
mrix

@mrix

That QPI/Vtt reading you've been given looks painful, assuming it's accurate.
CPU Vcore reading quite high for an i7920 d0 @4Ghz. I'd be astonished if that OPI/Vtt is a result of Auto (manually adjusting this setting resulted in my computer performing without further issues).

Your IOH and ICH voltages, are they on Auto?

re

That QPI/Vtt reading you've been given looks painful, assuming it's accurate.

The QPI/Vtt is set to auto and if I look in manually there are settings of highest at 1.175 then the next setting down is 1.155 which I think a member tried and it didn't boot up?
So according to my settings a setting of below 1.153 ???

Cheers
mrix

Last edited:
mine was set to auto using the v10 oc profile

@fornowagain I have 2 DVD drives on sata Northbridge? what settings would you recommend?

im getting these freezes playing certain games, burning cds and ripping some of my cds

The QPI/Vtt is set to auto and if I look in manually there are settings of highest at 1.175 then the next setting down is 1.155 which I think a member tried and it didn't boot up?

Cheers
mrix

mrix, you are not scrolling down the list to see all options available to you. Use your keyboard's up/down arrow key to scroll through the voltages.

What you are seeing and reporting is that when you open up the QPI/VTT voltages box, the value at the bottom of the list is 1.175 - which is correct. However, this is not the maximum. If you scroll down using your keyboard as described then you will find that it has the option to go up to 2.015v. Please try setting this value to 1.355v.

Last edited:

Cheers
mrix

See image below, I wouldn't have though you need much more than 1.3v with 6Gb ram, if that.

gedc0286f.jpg

How did you you get dynamic vcore up? How long does it take for gigabyte to do a RMA? something is wrong with my UD3R if i move the base clock to 2.8 which is 140 it just reboots but just loops over and over. my board only works at stock. i left the battery out all night and that didnt work.

oc told me to change the vcore to 1.35 pci-e frequency to 101 pci clock drive to 900mv and cpu clock drive to 900 mv but its still freezing/rebooting does any one have any ideas what else to try?

re:

Please try setting this value to 1.355v

Hi there I tried this setting as its a lower voltage and can not do any harm but unfortunately I get a blue screen...

On optimised default at 2.66khz my temps are only around 35 degrees but on the 4GHZ stepping its around 45 degrees. So basically without any load the temp should be similer????

Just another question ..... when I did lower the setting at first when I checked the easytune it showed Power on as 1.535 and Target as 1,3 ? all other settings appear to be matched so why didn't this match???
Cheers
mrix

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom