DRAM Latencies = 8-8-8-20-1
pci express frequency = 100
CPU VCore - Normal
Dynamic VCore - +0.04v
QPi/VTT = 1.180
IOH Core = 1.200
DRAM Voltage = 1.5v

Hope it gets you somewhere :)

p.s. When you do get your H50, you can make tiny adjustments to your Bclk, Uncore Ratio (at least double of your RAM's frequency), Memory clock multiplier and increase your Dynamic VCore a notch.

Last edited:
Associate
Just spent another half hour making the suggested changes......They didnt go well

Pc fails to boot each time, sticks at C1.

Tried the XMP that fails so the closest i can get it leaving it on Dram Timings = Auto and the Dram Multiplier at x 8 1520mhz

Capture-4.png

Associate
Just spent another half hour making the suggested changes......They didnt go well

Pc fails to boot each time, sticks at C1.

Tried the XMP that fails so the closest i can get it leaving it on Dram Timings = Auto and the Dram Multiplier at x 8 1520mhz

Capture-4.png

Try increase the Dynamic VCore to +.05v, turn off xmp and have it on DRAM multiplier x6 for the time being. If you change the multiplier to x 8 1520 then you would have to change the Uncore also (x 16). Try stay close to the RAMs recommended frequency.

Associate
I just found this thread and am now a little worried: I ordered the Ultima Eliminator today which has this motherboard, and I am really hoping the cold boot issue doesn't crop up.
I have never overclocked a PC before: that's why I bought a pre-clocked machine. I would be hesitant to manually set up the OC myself; not because I'm scared of using the bios, but more due to the fact that I would not like to break an £1800 machine that I worked hard to afford.

Associate
If the bios profile is a good stable overclock, you will have no problems with cold boot issues as stated above.

I have just set my rig up. 4Ghz is easy to get stable.

Buy with confidence.

Matt

Associate
re:

I am still having the cold boot issue and the sleep mode doesnt work which is a very common problem with this board from many topics across the net.
I have been told by overclockers to use the F9 Beta bios which is ment to be a far better bios than the F7.
Cant say I am that pleased after spending out £650 for an " overclocked " motherboard bundle that does not work as overclocked at present.
I am getting support on this forum which is good even though each responce takes around 24 hours so its taking a fair while to resolve the issue, I have tried their system support line around 15 times but that's just seems impossible to get through too and I have just give up on that idea.
mrix

Last edited:
Associate
I am still having the cold boot issue and the sleep mode doesnt work which is a very common problem with this board from many topics across the net.
I have been told by overclockers to use the F9 Beta bios which is ment to be a far better bios than the F7.
Cant say I am that please after spending out £650 for an overclocked motherboard bundle that does not work at present.
I am getting support on this forum which is good, I have tried there system support line around 15 times but that's just impossible to get through too and I have just give up.
mrix

Hi Mrix,

Have you bios flashed a motherboard before?

I would use the Gigabyte Q-flash method to update the bios with a floppy, DO NOT use the @BIOS Windows method.

I have to use a floppy as I unable to use a USB Pen to flash from or store my profiles, unable to get the USB pen method to work for me.

The F9 bios seem better, but it’s a beta version so no support from Gigabyte if the flash goes wrong.

Did you get sent a profile in the end for the F9?

Have you check your memory for any errors, using the memory tester (memtest86+)

Simon

Associate
re:

Hi there Simon, I am using the F9 Bios which does solve the Sleep mode issue for me. I have been sent a overclocked profile from overclockers but when I tried it, it started ok but when I got to desktop and checked my computer / properties etc it was just showing 2.66 ghz:confused:
I also tried my OCCT program and it showed the overclock as 50% on the bus frequency but no over clock actually on the cpu it was showing -10 :confused:
I have contacted the support on here again and am waiting for a reply.
As for the mem test I`ll give that a go.
Cheers
mrix

Associate
Hi there Simon, I am using the F9 Bios which does solve the Sleep mode issue for me. I have been sent a overclocked profile from overclockers but when I tried it, it started ok but when I got to desktop and checked my computer / properties etc it was just showing 2.66 ghz:confused:
I also tried my OCCT program and it showed the overclock as 50% on the bus frequency but no over clock actually on the cpu it was showing -10 :confused:
I have contacted the support on here again and am waiting for a reply.
As for the mem test I`ll give that a go.
Cheers
mrix

You may have the CPU power-saving functions enable in the advanced cpu features.

I using these functions within the bios when running with no load I am using less power, no need for CPU to run at 4.0Ghz.

In computer properties it reports my 920 @ 2.66Ghz 2.53Ghz

Simon

Associate
re:

Hi Simon, when I had the F7 overclocked profile when I went to computer properties it was showing.. 920 @ 2.66Ghz 4Ghz
and now its showing 920 @ 2.66Ghz 2.65Ghz

Why is this? how can I actually tell if I am running at 4ghz?

Cheers and thanks
mrix

Associate
I just finished installing FreeNAS on a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L board I just bought off Newegg. The install went great installed on a 2gb CF card and I have 4 500gb hds setup in RAID 5. Only problem is it did not recognize the onboard Gb NIC. I have to put a 10/100 NIC in the pci slot before it would recognize any NIC. Has anyone heard of this problem? I forgot what version I installed but it is fairly recent.

Associate
The multiplier is showing x12, the CPU power function is enable in the bios.

You will need to run a stressing program such as IntelBurn Test v2.3, the multiplier (20) & clock speed will increase to show your 4.0Ghz O/C.

You will need use at least 16 threads if you wish to fully load all physical and logical cores (HyperThreading) for your Core i7 CPU

As for memory you are running it at a lower speed of 1200Mhz, which is fine, could try for 1600Mhz if you like, stablility is more important

Associate
re:

Hi so are you saying I should not enable the CPU power function.
If this is the case where in the bios would I need to go to disable it?
Cheers Simon.
mrix

Last edited:
Associate
Hi so are you saying I should not enable the CPU power function.
Cheers Simon.
mrix

No

I run with the CPU power function enable with thermal protection enable as well in the bios and I am also using the new Dynamic Vcore that reduces the voltages as well saving on power .

Some people will disable CPU power function, so CPU runs at full power all the time.

It up to you if you enable the CPU power function the cpu will decided when it needs more power and adjust the multiplier to increase the clock speed.

It would seem that new Dynamic Vcore function is not enable in your profile, only important is that you are looking to save power.

Last edited:
Associate
Just an update:

I contacted Overclockers customer support via the web forum.

Got a reply advising I upgrade to the later beta bios, with a 4.0GHz overclock profile attached .

So after writing down all the current overclock (3.8Ghz) settings in bios, and also backing it up to USB drive I went ahead and flashed the bios to F9m using the built in Qflash utility.

Everything went smoothly and I rebooted and loaded the optimised defaults initially as advised.

The PC booted much fasted with the default settings.

After that I tried loading the bios profile supplied by Overclockers support, but the PC would not boot with it, just hanging on C1 on the diagnostic LEDs on the motherboard.

So I reset to the optimised defaults again, and all was fine.

After a couple of days and still receiving no follow up reply from Overclockers, I decided to try my original backed up 3.8GHz profile.
I got a warning stating the profile was from an old bios and that settings may not transfer properly. I continued anyway and after carefully double checking the settings matched what I'd written down (they did!) I rebooted......

The pc booted up fine. There is still the initial lights going out feature and the sound of a drive being accessed(sounds like a floppy drive, but as I don't have must be DVD drive!) a few times before the machine boots proper. (This does not happen when using the default settings) But it booted ok, and my overclock was working when running Prime. I ran a prime torture test only for half an hour but with no problems.

I've had no reboots so far after a couple of days, and no random crashes like occassionally happened before.

So early days, but fingers crossed things might be fixed by the new bios.

Associate
re:

Hi there.
So you updated to the latest f9m bios then added the profile and you have managed to keep the 4ghz overclock???

I have managed to finally do the same.

Cheers
mrix

Back
Top Bottom