Gigabyte EX58 UD5 multiple restart on cold boot

Associate
Well I only purchased the 3.8GHz overclock.

The profile file that Overclockers support sent to me when they advised upgrading the bios, was for a 4 GHz overclock. But it wouldn't work for me.

But yes I did manage to get my 3.8Ghz overclock back and working, simply by using the original bios profile.

Associate
re:

Hi there, they did send me a profile that also did not work and made the same red error screen saying profile is for different bios version. I have very recently received another profile for the 4ghz overclock and now the cold boot issue has been resolved and the sleep mode is working so all is ok now my end.
Cheers
mrix

Associate
My idle temps are 43 39 43 41 across the cores using Realtemp.

My memory settings on a 3.8GHz overclock are:

CPUClock Ratio: 20x
BCLK Freq.:190
QPI AUTO (6.84GHZ)
Sys Mem Multiplier: 6
DRAM Timing: Manual
DDR Volt:1.5
QPI Volt 1.175
CAS 9-9-9-28-2
CPU VCORE 1.31875
DRAM VOLT:1.66

Associate
Just a quick question, my temps are at around 50 degrees on idle is that ok ???
Cheers
mrix

Depends what the ambient temperature is in the room/around your PC? What are your load temps?

I haven't read through the whole thread but are you, or are you not at 4GHz with the OC profile received from OcUK?

Last edited:
Associate
re:

Depends what the ambient temperature is in the room/around your PC? What are your load temps?

The room I have my PC is the bedroom and the temperature is pretty low as I have no heating turned on in that room, saying that its must be around 25c to 30c

or are 4ghz with the OC profile received from OcUK?

Yes I am using a new profile overclockers sent me but I have dropped back now to the default settings where I have temps of only 35c

I think with the overclocked 4ghz 50c does seems a little high as its on the stepping thing which only kicks in when more cpu is required so 50c on idle seems fairly high?
When I used the F7 bios with profile of 4ghz but unfortunately with the cold boot issue I was only getting around 40c and that was without the stepping.

Cheers
mrix

Associate
saying that its must be around 25c to 30c

In that case, 50c is way to high. I was just asking incase you had your computer placed next to a radiator/oven/bonfire.

Would you be able to tell us what the voltages are configured to in the 4GHz profile? Specifically QPI and CPU voltages? If the temps are OK without the profile enabled then I would suggest that profile is at fault i.e. too hot normally means too many volts (sorry OcUK, don't ban me).

Associate
re:

I would suggest that profile is at fault

Well from day 1 I have not had a profile that did work:confused:

I`ll change the profile back and let you know those votages.

As I say checking the temps now I am getting between 31 and 35c

Cheers
mrix

Associate
Hi just an update on those votages....

QPI / VTT = 1.7500V

CPU Vcore = 1.7500V

Cheers
mrix

Those are far, far too high - so high infact I would class them as dangerous to you hardware's immediate health (both values are far in excess of the Intel recommend safe maximums, I believe). I would suggest not running that profile at all and contacting OcUK asap to ask why you have been provided with settings that could fry you CPU.

Last edited:
Associate
re:

Sorry Bios is not my strong point.

Those settings were wrong, basically I just looked at the text on the left which was in white which shows 1.75v

The actual settings are

QPI / VTT = Auto

CPU Vcore = 1.35

Cheers and thanks for the help

Associate
Sorry Bios is not my strong point.

Those settings were wrong, basically I just looked at the text on the left which was in white which shows 1.75v

The actual settings are

QPI / VTT = Auto

CPU Vcore = 1.35

Cheers and thanks for the help

Well the text on the left AFAIK is the AUTO setting. So if you are reading it right then it might very well be that QPI/VTT is shooting up to a dangerously high level. Best to triple check those numbers.

Associate
re:

These are a couple of pics I just took..

bios1.jpg

bios2.jpg

What do you think???

cheers and thanks

mrix

Associate
Ok, I was wrong when I said the values on the left were AUTO, they are in fact NORMAL, sorry about that.

QPI/VTT Voltages really shouldn't be set to AUTO for a 4GHz OC. It might be worth downloading EasyTune6 from the Gigabyte website and running it after enabling the OC profile - that is the only way I can think of finding out what the UD5 is setting the QPI/VTT volts to in AUTO mode.

If they are going above 1.35 (which I suspect they are) this might be a large clue as to the reasons behind the high temps you are having with this OC profile.

Back
Top Bottom