• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce sounds like dishwasher

Associate
Just recently purchased the windforce 2080 ti OC, and the temperature of the card will hit the mid to low 80s in centigrade,is that safe for extended periods of time? Is there plans or is it possible to increase the rpm of the fans above 3000rpm to cool the card more?

Soldato
OP
I have the OC card and I tried to update but it hasn't worked. Aorus Engine reports that I'm still on the F3 BIOS. I tried using the@BIOS utility but the one in the App Centre only sees the motherboard BIOS and the one on your website doesn't see my card. Judging by the description, it's for AMD cards only. Your update utility really should make a backup first, BTW, as nothing else does.

Associate
I also have the 2080Ti OC and the F4 BIOS update similarly doesn't work. The F4 update appears to flash the BIOS, with the display going off a few seconds, and reports that the upgrade is a success. However, like the previous poster, the Auros engine still shows F3.

The fan pulsing/noise is unfortunately quite irritating and I haven't experienced anything quite like it in 20 years of building PCs My return window expires at the end of this month, so if a real solution isn't available by this time next week, I'll have no choice but to return the card. I really don't want to have to do that as the card performs really great, but I can't live with spending over £1,000 on something which I know other cards do not suffer. :(

Associate
Okay, I have checked with my HQ as I don't have that card on hand to test. They have replied and given me the following answer, let me know if this still has the same problem.

Download the latest driver, unpack / extract the file into a folder onto you PC. Run the N208TWO.F4_B.exe file as administrator...

This should then have worked.

Soldato
OP
Right. Just tried it again. The VGA BIOS update process reported success but the BIOS is still being reported as F3. Despite being a clean boot the installer reported Aorus Engine running - which it wasn't.

However, something has changed. If I now run Aorus Engine, it maxxes one CPU core at 100%.

Associate
Thanks for trying to help, Gigaman. My experience is the same as Quartz. Still on Bios F3 despite trying to install as administrator. I also get the one core at 100% (though only for a few seconds when Auros Engine starts).

Associate
There is now an F7 BIOS for these cards, it's due to be uploaded to the GIGABYTE website any time now. I really appreciate you guys being patient with us, anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom