Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
OP
How you getting on with this mobo?
Bios did my head in at first, but used to it now lol

I'm finding it to be very solid. The BIOS is a bit odd in that it duplicates settings in different places but I was used to an old MSI BIOS so this seems nice and modern by comparison.

Associate
Question for those with revision 1.0 (original release) of this board. When you turn your machine on or reboot does you board fan go into audible overdrive for 5 or so seconds? I ask as a friend picked up revision 1.X (new revision) of the board the other week as his doesn’t do this. Yet my old revision board does.

Soldato
OP
Anyone using the F12g BIOS? I won't be updating to it for now as my RAM seems to be working fine and it's just for RAM compatibility.

Associate
Has he adjusted the fan profile in bios?
I have mine set to silent, with the main CPU on full (using an AIO cooler)
My friend hasn’t adjusted his and neither have I. As mentioned it only happens in the 5 or so seconds when I turn the machine on or reboot. Apart from that the fan I don’t think even comes on or it’s certainly silent if it is.

Soldato
OP
New BIOS out F20a - Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.0.2 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen XT series processors and New Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics processors support

I've been looking at the PCIE configuration and with one GPU you get PCIE 4.0 x16, with two you get 2x PCIE 4.0 x8. What if for example you have a another card in one of the PCIE slots will that also drop the speed of a single GPU?

Edit: Think I've found the answer:

"PCIe 4.0 lanes from the Ryzen 3000 CPU are split between the top two full-length slots as x16/x0 or x8/x8. The lowest full-length slot operates at Gen 4 x4 bandwidth from the X570 chipset and the PCIe x1 slot receives a single Gen 4 link."

So looks you can run a single GPU at x16 in the top slot, leave the middle empty, run something else in the bottom slot (e.g. more storage)a use all three M.2 at the same time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Question for those with revision 1.0 (original release) of this board. When you turn your machine on or reboot does you board fan go into audible overdrive for 5 or so seconds? I ask as a friend picked up revision 1.X (new revision) of the board the other week as his doesn’t do this. Yet my old revision board does.
Mine does this.

I think all fans go to max speed at boot, then after a few seconds the profile is applied and they settle down. In the case of the pch fan, it turns off and doesn't come back on.

Associate
Updated to Bios 20a on main bios today , all went well i do however have an issue where if it goes into sleep mode it starts to wake on key press but after LED's light and fans spin it does does a shut down and i have to start using the normal case on switch !! any ideas ?

I also tried 12g and had the same issue , went back to F11 and no problem so got to be a bug ???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom