Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
Thinking of buying this MB and seems those of you that have one seems happy with it. If I am not mistaken a Ryzen 5 2600 should be fine on this until the 4xxx series coming out ?

Havent used wired headphones much on it but the sound via Samsung galaxy buds by Bluetooth is really good....not so good for gaming though....no positional audio/sense of direction.

Chucked in an old basic xonar dx soundcard and the general sound on it was worse for sure but the gaming audio was an improvement.

The soundblaster AE 5 only arrived yesterday but so far very impressed :)

Bought it mainly/only for the game audio as missing my old pci card...not tried it yet with the Logitech Z5500.

Out of curiosity, have you had time to try out your Logitech Z5500 yet on this MB ?? I have those as well and would love to know if it all working well ?

Soldato
Out of curiosity, have you had time to try out your Logitech Z5500 yet on this MB ?? I have those as well and would love to know if it all working well ?

Only had the Z5500 running off the AE5 and there is a significant improvement compared to the previous soundcard...but are you meaning running the Z5500 off the onboard audio?

Soldato
Ops, missed that part and yes, was going to run it of the onboard audio. Or would you suggest getting a seperate audio card would be better ?

I am no audiophile but a decent sound card is always going to be better...i had a xfi extreme audio soundcard before and was happy with it but couldn't use it as its pci card...onboard sound of MB is better than average but not as good a soundcard.

Soldato
I am no audiophile but a decent sound card is always going to be better...i had a xfi extreme audio soundcard before and was happy with it but couldn't use it as its pci card...onboard sound of MB is better than average but not as good a soundcard.
That's true, not an audiophile either so been ok with the onboard sound nowdays, much better then how the sound was 15yrs ago or so though.

As for the card, you had any problems with it or all running well ?

Soldato
OP
nah, not used to high end audio, been using onboard audio for the last 5+ years or so. Thanks, I check the onboard first then. :)

And you not had any problem with your board either ??

It's been great, rock solid, regular BIOS updates. Overkill for me but I think it will last a lot of upgrades and plenty of room for expansion. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Soldato
That's true, not an audiophile either so been ok with the onboard sound nowdays, much better then how the sound was 15yrs ago or so though.

As for the card, you had any problems with it or all running well ?

Have the common problem of the card not being detected sometimes when pc is started or rebooted...also twice i think it stopped working during a game....a reboot fixes it most times but sometimes i haave to unistall via device manager then reboot ..that always fixed it.

Definitely a driver problem...tried a modded driver thats meant to fix it but it still happens.

Associate
anyone tried the F21 bios yet

Updated to F21 and now i dont have restart issues that i had with F20 so well done Gigabyte

Last edited:
Associate
Gigabyte have released a new revision of this board, in fact, 2, (1.1 & 1.2), so are you going to do the Honorable thing OCUK?, and honour returns/exchanges for said product (outwith period), or are you going to be 'sticky', and 'sneaky' like Gigabyte, and say it's nothing to do with you?

Just wondering?

Last edited:
Associate
Gigabyte have released a new revision of this board, in fact, 2, (1.1 & 1.2), so are you going to do the Honorable thing OCUK?, and honour returns/exchanges for said product (outwith period), or are you going to be 'sticky', and 'sneaky' like Gigabyte, and say it's nothing to do with you?

Just wondering?
What are the differences between the revisions ?

Associate

Just wondering?

Associate

Just wondering?

Associate
I am still on F11 bios and was previously rock solid 1900 if / 3800 ram - 1/1 divider
Then a few weeks ago started to go occasionally flaky - I was thinking it was the extra hot weather causing higher temps

I have knocked it down 1 notch / same with the ram = now all solid again
Will the F21 bios (& new AGESA) help restore back to 1900 if (worth a try?)

Associate

Just wondering?

Have any other manufacturers or retailers ever replaced boards with newer revisions ?

I always looked at a newer revision as a newer model and cant see why they would do it. Unless there is a recall due to a serious fault or defect.

Associate
I am still on F11 bios and was previously rock solid 1900 if / 3800 ram - 1/1 divider
Then a few weeks ago started to go occasionally flaky - I was thinking it was the extra hot weather causing higher temps

I have knocked it down 1 notch / same with the ram = now all solid again
Will the F21 bios (& new AGESA) help restore back to 1900 if (worth a try?)
I found F21 the best so far for me , PCie wise and memory compatability

Soldato
anyone tried the F21 bios yet

Updated to F21 and now i dont have restart issues that i had with F20 so well done Gigabyte
What restart issues were those? F20 made my 3600MHz RAM unstable with random reboots during Memtest, I had to go back to what I was using before (F10) and everything is stable again.

Associate
What restart issues were those? F20 made my 3600MHz RAM unstable with random reboots during Memtest, I had to go back to what I was using before (F10) and everything is stable again.

would not wake up when in sleep mode with F20 , think that's what the fix is on F21 , improved PCie compatability. F21 is a winner

Soldato
would not wake up when in sleep mode with F20 , think that's what the fix is on F21 , improved PCie compatability. F21 is a winner
Okay, thanks. It's good to know that F21 is improved, even the default TRC memory timing was wrong in F20 which seems like quite a basic mistake.

Back
Top Bottom