Gin recommendations?

Associate
Spotted this and thought I'd give it a try as I quite enjoy some of Suntory Whisky.

It was a nice gin, would drink again... and also packaged up very nicely (it's actually full of Bombay dry gin now :p )

bJN

bJN

Soldato
The other half and I have been having a lot of gin over summer! Started with finishing off what little Bombay Sapphire was left and moved on to Hendricks which we've gotten through a lot of! :o

Currently working through a bottle of Caorunn which is incredibly nice. Also have some flavoured (raspberry, rhubarb and ginger) St Giles which we picked up from a food festival a couple of weeks ago, that was very nice when tasting! Definitely want to try Roku next after this bottle of Caorunn though, for the bottle alone if nothing else! :D

taB

taB

Associate
Hills and Harbour is great with either a slice of mango or pink grapefruit. It's got a hint of saltiness which I really like.

Went to the Crafty Distillery (who make Hills & Harbour) when in Galloway recently. Very smart setup and good people. Research and effort they've put in is immense and it's a really well made gin. Also like the salinity in there.

The other half and I have been having a lot of gin over summer! Started with finishing off what little Bombay Sapphire was left and moved on to Hendricks which we've gotten through a lot of! :o

Currently working through a bottle of Caorunn which is incredibly nice. Also have some flavoured (raspberry, rhubarb and ginger) St Giles which we picked up from a food festival a couple of weeks ago, that was very nice when tasting! Definitely want to try Roku next after this bottle of Caorunn though, for the bottle alone if nothing else! :D

Nice to see re St Giles, have been approached by them this week as fairly local and will be adding it when I have space.

Associate

The St Giles stuff keeps catching my eye when I'm out and about, will have to pick some up to see what it's like.

Soldato
I have a £50 john lewis voucher. Would someone kindly make me a recommendation please :)

Not keen on the flavoured gin. In fact the worst gin I've tried are the rhubarb and ginger ones.....I love standard plain run of the mill dry gin....unless my arm can be twisted

Guess my selection is thus:

v3nngp.jpg

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
It was a great tour, learned all about the production, all the botanicals, the effort that went into getting the recipe correct, etc.

The tour was a raffle prize from work and it came with a nice gift voucher for the shop which I exchanged for this.

95PBPJV.jpeg

As I said in the original post in this thread, before I won the tour, I'd never touched gin before. This prize was the reason I started drinking gin. It was a good prize :D

Soldato
Two bottles have been delivered here in the last week, both unexpected.

The first was a competition prize and the second a gift from my brother in return for a couple of hi-fi separates he's having from me.

ipvWKOv.jpeg yYHdAX4.jpeg

I've not tried either of these but both are supposed to be excellent.

What did you think of the Harris Gin? Im from the Isle of Lewis and did the tour of the distillery last week was actually really good. Basically they are making whisky and only started producing Gin as something to do in the meantime. Its taken off massively beyond their wildest expectations and is providing some jobs and attention for the island as a whole which can only be a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom