Glastonbury 2024

Associate
She’s not a particularly brilliant singer to begin with, good enough to sound slick on record but can’t perform to same level in a live environment.

That said I’d rather artists with imperfect voices sang live than mimed and tbh there aren’t many major pop artists who sound as good live as they do on record.:. Plus it’s objectively harder to sing properly when you are doing choreographed dancing etc. I’m sure if you got Adele to do a workout whilst singing she wouldn’t sound quite as good as she usually does.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can the people at the back of the Pyramid Stage actually see anything? It looks miles away on TV.

They can see the shape of the people on stage and the screens :D
Chilling at the back in a bit of space is pretty enjoyable and still get good sound

I think a few people in here might be confusing Dua Lipa miming with low level pre-recorded vocals/backing singers/faulty hearing aids, you could hear the stage echo, her breathing and a load of voice cracks while she was singing for most of last night.
Yeah you’re definitely right and to be fair it does heavy lifting in moments but she clearly sang a lot of it

Soldato
Enjoyed watching Confidence Man set, then Heilung which was simply brilliant, also Norman Cook with Pail Heaton doing Happy Hour. Looking forward to Orbital later tonight

Last edited:
Caporegime
Their early stuff is great. Parachutes and Rush of Blood are both fantastic albums and the next two were really good. After that I lost interest though and they took a bit of a dive. Couldn't watch it tonight but will probably watch it on catchup. Saw them live a long time ago and they were very good.

Soldato
Their early stuff is great. Parachutes and Rush of Blood are both fantastic albums and the next two were really good. After that I lost interest though and they took a bit of a dive. Couldn't watch it tonight but will probably watch it on catchup. Saw them live a long time ago and they were very good.
Yep agreed, their first two albums are great. I've just spun through their set and the acoustic version of Sparks was incredible. Otherwise, Chris Martin was nauseating. It's a shame, I always thought they could be another Radiohead, but they just went off the pop deep end

Last edited:
Associate
Disappointed with Coldplay, very preachy.......just.sing your damn songs. The Micheal J Fox part was a step too far. I love MJF from the BTF films, it just didn't come across well no matter how well intentioned Chris Martin may have intended. MJF is a legend in my book, just seemed a very bad move with regard to having MJF sat there in a wheelchair with Chris Martin prancing around.

Soldato
from my bruv at glasto.

53823431062_838817ba5b_b.jpg

Associate
Disappointed with Coldplay, very preachy.......just.sing your damn songs. The Micheal J Fox part was a step too far. I love MJF from the BTF films, it just didn't come across well no matter how well intentioned Chris Martin may have intended. MJF is a legend in my book, just seemed a very bad move with regard to having MJF sat there in a wheelchair with Chris Martin prancing around.
Sorry replying to my own message, just rewatched it all, when I wrote the first reply I'd seen the second part only, first part was proper Coldplay, so I was probably being a bit negative. I need to learn about watching things in context.

MJF seemed to be enjoying it, so on review kudos for Coldplay, I think I caught it out of context when I'd switched it on (been out at a party so missed the live start). Chris Martin actually gave MJF a lot of well deserved respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom