Glastonbury 2024

Soldato
..or maybe they have tightened up on audio distribution rights ... I was looking on bbc sounds to find good stuff high/320 bit rate audio from the main sets,
but seems there was limited broadcast of those on the radio channels, just iplayer which just/historically has 128 bit audio
still have some downloads from previous years I play regularly in the car Cure, also killers set.

I've typically watched live tv broadcast accompanied by the radio audio .

Haven't looked to see if the have any HLG/HDR video.

Soldato
Shania has a big crowd. The guy from Keane has a good voice still.

Edit - Shania hasn’t.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Being reported with photos of a big line of asylum seekers queuing at a ladder to climb the fence. (sorry people sneaking in without tickets aka a VISA)

I expect they will be treated well once inside and offered some glamping accommodation

qvd1Ryp.png

these luvvies seem to love borders, until it's their own.
Apparently stages have been shut due to overcrowding, why don't they just build some more? #Glastonury's not full

Last edited:
Soldato
She’s getting a bit better, think there were a few problems at the start.

Least sounds like she’s singing the song in time now!
I missed the start and can safely say I wouldn't know a Shania song if it came up and tickled my nuts. However, I think she's been just fine. It's country, its not supposed to me be the height of vocal excellence. It's not really my thing, about as country as I get is The Rolling Stones c 1970, or Lynyrd Skynrd!

One beef I have with the staging of a lot of these shows is that it's hard to get any real connection with the artist when you are in a field of 100k people. Even the front rows are a long way from the artist. I've been watching a bit of the latest Metallica rour and that looks a much more engaging set.

Last edited:
Commissario
these luvvies seem to love borders, until it's their own.
Apparently stages have been shut due to overcrowding, why don't they just build some more? #Glastonury's not full
The event was IIRC nearly closed due to lack of security years ago and overcrowding...

Also "build more stages", IIRC they have to get permission to hold the event and permission for what is there (usually set in stone many months in advance), so it's not exactly simple for them to decide to put up an extra stage (also IIRC they need to be a certain distance apart so "not full" is a long way from "they can easily fit more in"), they also don't actually know who is going to what artist, they try and guess/look at it statistically but they get surprised so an act they expect to be relatively minor might get a massive extra following after they've planned and allocated the stages.

Back
Top Bottom