Golf Thread

Played a scramble with @Maccy on Sunday (16 and 23hcp-ers) - shot a 78 :D

Obviously doesn't count towards handicaps, but was interesting to see what we could shoot between us. Definitely left some good shots out there, missed a couple of birdie putts), but considering the course conditions I think we did ok!

Played a scramble with @Maccy on Sunday (16 and 23hcp-ers) - shot a 78 :D

Obviously doesn't count towards handicaps, but was interesting to see what we could shoot between us. Definitely left some good shots out there, missed a couple of birdie putts), but considering the course conditions I think we did ok!
Thought we did better than that?! We were 6 over

Played today in blistering winds and pretty chilly! Drives were solid with new driver.

Shot a new record at Southerndown GC

I remember the last time I had 45 putts here on the huge greens, much better today, even in difficult conditions. Managed to hit my irons way better. Still getting used to the new driver, but more consistent and better course management IMO.
Should drop my hcap another half point I recon.
Still plenty to get better at, duffed 1-2 shots and didn't putt that great overall, but some good ones dropped which I don't expect to happen all that much.

No warmup either, got out of the car and straight onto the course, so could definitely resolve that first triple if I had warmed up, easy saving of 4-5 shots here and there through the 18.

Last edited:
Managed to pick up a bug right at the end of the Marrakech trip so didn't get out to play last weekend but we've had a fairly dry week and managed to get out today, still feeling kinda rough but managed the game ok.

Front 9 was a bit meh overall, some good bits but scruffy overall. Back 9 though I got 43 for the second time. Total was 95 which is pretty decent for me :)

Definitely seems like the breaking-100 mental bit has gone completely, so that's nice :p

But also means I'm unlikely to break 90 this year which was my rather optimistic goal at the start of January... Might get out new years eve so not entirely impossible!

Also picked up my winnings from the club comps, £29 in vouchers, not bad, got a 1st and 2x 2nds, didn't do a whole year either (wasn't a member all year) so happy with that.

Got out this afternoon and managed to squeeze in 16 holes before the light got the better of me. Not bad given I tee'd off around 13:45 :)

Much to my surprise driver was probably the highlight as I was consistently finding the middle :eek:. 71% on fairways found. Wind really picked up the last few holes which made things interesting, a good two clubs at times.

Got out this morning for 14 and a bit holes before I had to dash off elsewhere. Driver not quite as good as last time but irons much more consistent.

Hit a number of good 6i including one on the second when invited to play through by a threesome ahead. Nothing like flushing one when people are watching :D Came to rest in the middle of the green from 160y.

Course was clear in front of me after that. I was third on the tee sheet but the foursome due to tee off second had let me through on the first tee. Happy days :)

as much as I like the Rapsodo MLM2 unit, I find the setup and alignment a bit annoying, plus I worry if it will get booted everywhere when people walk by at the driving range..so..its gone now :(

BUT...I got a good discount on a Skytrak+ so thats coming Thursday, cant wait to get this on the range, its had nothing but good write-ups, and i can use any ball on it! Also means I can get my mat closer to my net (as it doesn't require distance) which will give me confidence on those skyers LOL! But thats for the summer time!

I will report back once I get a chance to use it!

I love DPD, but the only thing is in my Aberdeen area, is 2 day delivery, cant get next day :(

Anyone using a Garmin Epix Pro Gen 2, I have just ordered one, I have an s60 but this does far more.

I've got the non-Pro Epic gen 2, think it's pretty close but a few upgrades, I love it, was actually tempted by the Pro but not quite enough of an upgrade, I'll probably end up buying the 'gen 3' or whatever it's called when it comes out

I've got the non-Pro Epic gen 2, think it's pretty close but a few upgrades, I love it, was actually tempted by the Pro but not quite enough of an upgrade, I'll probably end up buying the 'gen 3' or whatever it's called when it comes out
The epix gen 2 pro was so close in cost to the s70 that it made more sense to get this with all the extra stuff, i should be able to get £220 for my old S60 , cant beat a bit of man maths.

meant to come tomorrow..nice little surprise!

2GvTdwu.jpg

the shank tank is on, and leaving on charge now (have to charge for a minimal 6 hours before use).

weather is horrendous here atm anyways!!

Another drop of the hc.
Now down to 15.5, slowly getting better as the year goes on!

2 decent rounds, considering the weather:
1 - shooting 83 at Southerndown, where they only have 1 hole closer due to renovation of a tee box, (20 yards closer on a par3)
2 - shooting 36 on back 9 (9 holes only) at my old short course with a few buddies. 6 pars, 1 bogey, 1 no-score (wales hc made this a 7 from a par4), 1 birdie.

Those 2 rounds basically dropped me just over a handicap point.
Got another round back at Southerndown in the morning, but with the forecasted weather, I don't expect a great score :cry:

Back
Top Bottom