Golf Thread

Ah, sorry, turns out it was temporarily reduced to £12.99 but back to £44 now :(

On the subject of less putts, which seems a common goal oddly :p, what are peoples putt averages like?

Not sure on averages as such but a good round for me is ~1.8 putts per hole, or 32/33 putts, feels like an ok round is 2 average/36 and a bad is anythin 2.2/40+
Over 16 rounds that I recorded from June to November, my average putting was 2.22

Another "longer and straighter" driver than last year..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I honestly think companies should go to a 2 year cycle with drivers... It's getting ridiculous now....

Agreed, it's almost impossible to get any meaningful improvements in 12 months really...

Don't Ping and Titleist do more like ~18 month cycles? Although it seems there's yet another G430 model coming from Ping soon.

Imagine going through 2024 with a ”Paradym Tripple Diamond Artificial Intelligence SmokexXx“ in your bag? Might as well change hobbies if you can’t commit to having the best eva!

My Golf Spy have a very detailed article on it, which probably gives a lot more insight if that Rick Shiels vid is anything like the James Robinson one I watched earlier.

Reading, it seems the focus has very much been on tightening dispersion for weekend hackers like myself :p I will almost certainly be looking for a new driver this year so this model is very much on my radar. My club seems to have plenty of manufacturer fitting days so just need to be quick on the uptake to book a slot before they all go.

Haven’t checked yet but I imagine they’re going to be more expensive too? Considering a new driver this year but even £500 is too much IMO

I love being so behind with toys/gadgets etc. I can buy a 3 year old driver at much discount, and get technology upgrade of 8 years from my previous 2012 one! :)

£569 for the Paradym Smoke AI which I think is the same price last years Paradym launched at.
Which will probably come down to £529 much like it did last year. It's starting to get overwhelming now, I can't imagine how much I've wasted over the years on new gear haha.

Went to the new indoor trackman place near me today.

Couple of hours - great setup. Got 2 "bays" - dart board, putting green etc.....

Very impressive - super easy to use/setup with the Trackman app.... Enjoyed it.

Can certainly see me doing some practice as well as fun playing a few holes with some mates etc. Great addition to the local golf area.

Went to the new indoor trackman place near me today.

Couple of hours - great setup. Got 2 "bays" - dart board, putting green etc.....

Very impressive - super easy to use/setup with the Trackman app.... Enjoyed it.

Can certainly see me doing some practice as well as fun playing a few holes with some mates etc. Great addition to the local golf area.

What numbers can it give btw, specifically things like spin/side-spin but also clubhead data like speed/path? Or is it just like the AG range (intouch?) which is just distance?

Went to the range for the first time in months yesterday. I was going at least once a week at the start of the year as my teacher wanted me to bake in some technique, then advised me in September to start gearing it down and just play on the course, preferably once a week which is what I've been doing.

Arrived at the range, hit 50 balls and then just wanted to come home. Absolutely hated it. Maybe it was the mat interaction but my soft draw was turning into a snap hook the longer the session went on. Hated not being able to 'feel' the taking of a divot and felt I had to alter ball position to help sweep the ball clean. Ended up just hitting driver for the last 30 balls.

Think the only time I'm going to go back is when I'm having lessons that require a significant tweak that needs real practice. Unless I can find a grass range somewhere I doubt I'll ever go back for 'fun'. Moneys just better spent on green fees.

Play more by myself (I never have, and I feel I can really focus on improvement without the distraction of playing with others).

I can vouch for playing by yourself. I play 4/5 times a month and make a point of playing at least 1 of those rounds solo. I love it and in some ways prefer it to playing with others as you can really hyper focus on course management. I've also seen a pattern of significantly less 3 putts when playing solo simply because you can take more time to read greens and line everything up.
There's a lovely serenity to playing alone as well, especially this time of year when there's not as much traffic on the course and you can slow your pace of play down.

Last edited:
What numbers can it give btw, specifically things like spin/side-spin but also clubhead data like speed/path? Or is it just like the AG range (intouch?) which is just distance?

Everything - it's a full trackman setup. Both bays are kitted with the full "fat" trackman so everything you can possibly want.....

I was fortunate enough to visit GolfCatcher in Bournemouth a few years back, they had either Trackman or GC2 or Quads. Was a great little setup there, turned around and James Robinson was stood behind us. Really nice chap, spent 10-15 minutes with us having a laugh and just talking about life. He was egging us on to go flat out, was rather funny.

Quick question guys..

does anyone know where to locate serial numbers that is not on the head, up near the shaft?

I just checked my 923’s and can’t see anything, just the stamping for the “forging“ process they use.

I checked my D9 forged bought from American Golf and they have none either?

bit puzzled.. (not like me :p )

Back
Top Bottom