Golf Thread

Quick question guys..

does anyone know where to locate serial numbers that is not on the head, up near the shaft?

I just checked my 923’s and can’t see anything, just the stamping for the “forging“ process they use.

I checked my D9 forged bought from American Golf and they have none either?

bit puzzled.. (not like me :p )

not all clubs have serial numbers.

My understanding (don't quote me on this) is that Mizuno stamp a "build date" on custom built clubs from one of their factories.... Standard sets do NOT have anything on them.

Don't know about Wilson - sorry.

not all clubs have serial numbers.

My understanding (don't quote me on this) is that Mizuno stamp a "build date" on custom built clubs from one of their factories.... Standard sets do NOT have anything on them.

Don't know about Wilson - sorry.

ahh, ok. Thanks for that mate.

yeah, the mizuno irons are a standard set. Even the plastic that circulates the box, you know the stuff you need to cut..had the mizuno logo stamped on in blue..

and regarding the D9 irons, I did get a custom fit and they do label with your name and build date.

Yeah we had a boat load of it yesterday. So much so that even the Par 3 course is shut today at my club and I'm not sure I've ever seen that before! Looks like it will be sim golf on the range this weekend.

Us Brum folk seem to have all our rain at the start of the week. Everywhere hopefully nicely drained for my round tomorrow.

Really going to have to look into memberships at some point this year, hate not being able to play until 11/11.30 on weekends. Ends up consuming your whole day.

Last edited:
I'm kinda shocked the course in Bristol opened today, they closed from Tuesday-Thursday but we had a bunch of rain last night, not 'that' heavy but persistant for like 10 hours, but open they did! And so we played \o/

Bit of a weird round, scored 100 reduced to 99 which feels meh but I guess isn't that awful for me. But just didn't play well at all, on the other hand actually hit a few of probably my best shots ever! It was just the other ~97 or so :p

Best shot was from about 95 yards out (that was middle, didn't bother using the rangefinder on the flag, it looked middle-ish) and it pitched just over a foot from the hole, perfect line, and 'hopped' back to maybe 2 foot. I then 2 putt from 2 foot away, short, cause that's how I roll.

Course I guess wasn't that bad, for that course, it was pretty boggy in places but we played new years eve and it was worse than today. And as above it seems like the next week+ is dry so that'll be nice :)

Back to Southerndown with my buddy, now my PB on a proper course:

Not too shabby, just made a couple of errors on the back 9, which cost me a few strokes. Not sure if it was me knowing I had a good card going or me not concentrating after getting out of the fairway bunker and my mate had already walked onwards.
Still super happy with the result, hit some good saves and missed some shockers too, swings and roundabouts though! Just glad weather has calmed down.

Last edited:
Us Brum folk seem to have all our rain at the start of the week. Everywhere hopefully nicely drained for my round tomorrow.

Really going to have to look into memberships at some point this year, hate not being able to play until 11/11.30 on weekends. Ends up consuming your whole day.
I haven't been over and played Wharton Park since end of Oct. I think I will cancel my membership there when it runs out. Distance is just frustrating.

Looking at joining Enville Golf Club. https://www.envillegolfclub.co.uk/
A small waiting list but plays as well in the winter as it does in the summer

Played again today, been dry now since Friday morning, it's dried out a bit but not exactly dry yet :p Thankfully forecast to be dry/mostly-dry for the next week or longer so good times.

Played pretty solidly today, at least for 17 holes, but the driver was not playing ball which is annoying as it's been so good recently but strong 'power fade' back today, I know it's just a timing thing but it's annoying as hell :p

Score was 95, as mentioned was pretty solid for 17 holes, well maybe 16, but the 18th went badly wrong, ended up being a pickup/max which EG classes as an 8. I don't think it was a mental thing about a good score, but maybe, more seemed a bit I noticed it was into wind after we all went long on the 17th the opposite way, thought about teeing it low or hitting 3w, did neither and sliced it into oblivion and the second (/third) off the tee wasn't much better. Still, I'll take a 95 anyday still and just nice to be out playing :)

New to this thread, just recently started playing again, 4th round today since beginning of December. Luckily courses near here all seem to be well draining.

Got round 15 holes before dark today with a cheaper 1pm tee time. First 9 in 51 which is a best for me. Assuming bogeys for each of the last 3 would have been 104 so getting better from the 110-114 I did for the first couple, but so much more to find if I can start striking properly.

Still struggling with ground striking before the ball so most of my approach play was pretty turd. Had a couple of good holes and missed an easy ish par on one 4.

First time using Arccos as well which is pretty interesting. Clearly highlighting the awful approach play but putting not too great either. Gives some useful info which I clearly need to work on.
S5NvIAX.jpg

n0u5d1r.png

What is the best app for Apple Watch, heard good things about 18Birdies.

Maybe just a case of trying a few out before committing to one of the ones with paid features.

Back
Top Bottom