Golf Thread

Played today.... Head wasn't really in it... Cold, muddy, chunking everything as it was damp/muddy under foot.

Birdie number 1 of the year on the 7th was a massive drive, just short of the green and nearly holed the putt from around 20 yards for eagle but simple tap in birdie...

Aside from that..... not much enjoyment out there with 3 layers/gloves etc etc.... Actually just walked 16/17/18... didn't even hit a ball....

Shame some of you are suffering with the weather. Went out Sunday afternoon and it was absolutely glorious, clear blue skies and felt much warmer than expected :) Started off well with three pars in the first four holes including one lovely up and down from a greenside bunker but then got progressively worse :p

Caught up the groups in front and it became evident getting all 18 in was going to be a push so decided just to hang back (no one behind me) and hit extra practice shots. Called it a day after 12 holes. Didn't even have to clean my shoes when I got back home the course had dried out so much!

Last edited:
Shame some of you are suffering with the weather. Went out Sunday afternoon and it was absolutely glorious, clear blue skies and felt much warmer than expected :) Started off well with three pars in the first four holes including one lovely up and down from a greenside bunker but then got progressively worse :p

Caught up the groups in front and it became evident getting all 18 in was going to be a push so decided just to hang back (no one behind me) and hit extra practice shots. Called it a day after 12 holes. Didn't even have to clean my shoes when I got back home the course had dried out so much!

lucky! its 8" snow here!

Played yesterday. Typical winter golf of lost balls due to plugging.

But the biggest disappointment was my 4 hybrid.
Whilst up the range a few days ago I noticed it was making some funny noises. Thought it was split crap range balls.
until yesterday hitting my 4 Hybrid for the first time and "crack". Ball went off in a completely random direction. Looking at my club it was cracked on the crown from face to back. no evidence of sky marks on the club so must me a fault in manufacturing.

Have emailed Cobra for hopefully a replacement under warranty but it's a definite first for me having a club break so spectacularly :cry:

ePoAv6z.jpg
So an update.

Cobra state on their website they have a 2 year manufacturer defect warranty and claims should be made direct through themselves.

After speaking to American Golf, where I originally purchased the club from, they have said their 1 year warranty has expired so again go direct to Cobra.

Email from Cobra today state
Good morning
All of our products are covered by warranty, when purchased from a genuine Cobra stockist.
However, as per the previous replies from both myself and my colleague; we are only wholesale based here in the UK.
Any warranty issues must therefore be addressed directly to the retailer that you purchased from.
Please therefore speak to the retailer concerned again, so that they can assist you in line with their own terms of sale.

So speaking to AG again and they said how strange it was of Cobra to respond in that way even when they have a 2 year manufacturing warranty.
But AG are going to assist and send my club back to Cobra stating the issue and hopefully will arrange a replacement of same product or it'll be the latest model.

Time will tell what happens.

So an update.

Cobra state on their website they have a 2 year manufacturer defect warranty and claims should be made direct through themselves.

After speaking to American Golf, where I originally purchased the club from, they have said their 1 year warranty has expired so again go direct to Cobra.

Good morning
All of our products are covered by warranty, when purchased from a genuine Cobra stockist.
However, as per the previous replies from both myself and my colleague; we are only wholesale based here in the UK.
Any warranty issues must therefore be addressed directly to the retailer that you purchased from.
Please therefore speak to the retailer concerned again, so that they can assist you in line with their own terms of sale.

So speaking to AG again and they said how strange it was of Cobra to respond in that way even when they have a 2 year manufacturing warranty.
But AG are going to assist and send my club back to Cobra stating the issue and hopefully will arrange a replacement of same product or it'll be the latest model.

I use cobra woods too mate. Hope they get it sorted for you.

im sure they will.

Last edited:
Had a lesson and got out for 9 holes today, lesson was a bit meh as I just wasn't hitting the ball at all well, I know I can do way better but meh...

Round was better, weather was actually quite nice, basically no wind so with the sun out it didn't feel all that cold. Greens were a touch firm though :cry:

The frozen greens caught me out a couple of times, even the first hole did a lovely looking chip onto the green and it just bounced/rolled waaaay past. Then on the par 3 5th a lovely hybrid landed middle off the green bounced off the back and was never seen again :p

Had a lesson and got out for 9 holes today, lesson was a bit meh as I just wasn't hitting the ball at all well, I know I can do way better but meh...

Round was better, weather was actually quite nice, basically no wind so with the sun out it didn't feel all that cold. Greens were a touch firm though :cry:

The frozen greens caught me out a couple of times, even the first hole did a lovely looking chip onto the green and it just bounced/rolled waaaay past. Then on the par 3 5th a lovely hybrid landed middle off the green bounced off the back and was never seen again :p

yeah, I have my fitting tomorrow morning, and I’m real nervous, mainly I dont want to shank into their £18k gcquad, knowing my luck I will! :rolleyes:

looking forward to it really though, starting to know a couple of the boys, really down to earth.

will report back what bats I end up buying!

So an update.

Good morning

Further update.

Cobra USA replied today. they have agreed it appears to be manufacturing error so counts as still being within their 2 year warranty and have now referred it back to the UK to lease with myself.

I did suggest upgrading to the Darkspeed Hybrid even if it occurs a minimal cost and the guy from the USA said it could be a possibility due to limited to zero stock of the LTDX.

We shall see

Finally decided on a smartwatch and, it's a samsung watch 5 pro golf edition, come with a golf buddy subscription. Its not as good ad my garmin s62 but the smartphone features are better.
After 1 round the watch had completely drained my phone battery. That don't seen right.

Finally decided on a smartwatch and, it's a samsung watch 5 pro golf edition, come with a golf buddy subscription. Its not as good ad my garmin s62 but the smartphone features are better.
After 1 round the watch had completely drained my phone battery. That don't seen right.
unfortunately that's what happens with Smart Watches and Golf Apps. They use the phone as a connection as they're not stand alone. It's why I haven't utilised my Apple Watch as a Golf Watch

unfortunately that's what happens with Smart Watches and Golf Apps. They use the phone as a connection as they're not stand alone. It's why I haven't utilised my Apple Watch as a Golf Watch

on Apple Watches, would it not use its cellular data? I’m on a unlimited data plan for my watch, as well as my phone.

Not sure how involved Golf Buddy is in comparison to something like Arcos or GolfPad, but I use a 5 pro to track and it's never been particularly power hungry during a round when tethered to my phone.

I've got the same watch (not the golf edition) and use GolfPad - barely even touches the battery on my phone so I'd say there's something funny happening between your watch and phone. If anything, my watch takes more of a hit battery-wise than my phone.

Hence why I've always had something completely seperate to my phone. A standalone watch that doesn't rely on the phone for the gps signal etc.

Can't fault the shotscope stuff. Cheap, good support and has no requirement for your phone once your playing.

Well..another 3 inches of snow, and -5 here, i Had to cancel my fitting! :mad:

well annoyed, desperate to get my hands on some irons!

That's a shame....

Same here - just watch 4 old boys tee off the course next to me whilst I was doing the school run. It's currently -7 degrees.... What in gods name are they doing.... will be like playing on concrete.... pointless.

Back
Top Bottom