Golf Thread

Associate
Played 36 holes today, first time ever although I've played 27 a few times. All in a buggy though, sod walking that much :p

Started out super hot, +1 through 6, then it kinda fell apart for a +23 overall, not terrible for me but not great and after that start it was awful.

Then out on the other course there for the secound round, started a bit slow but steady then on the back 9 really played well, right until the last hole where it all went wrong :p Pickup/cap but got an +18 overall, tied my best round on that course, good times :)

That's really impressive, congrats :)
Thanks man, really seemed to click today and when I found trouble, worked a way out of it safely. All I can say is my name is above the bar for life haha.

Soldato
What a tournament ( US Open).... Amazing.... loved it from start to finish.....

Rory will take a long time to get over those missed putts....

But that up and down from Bryson on 18th is probably one of the best up and down's ever to win a major....

Props to Bryson - very very enjoyable individual to watch these days - Big miss on the PGA Tour.

Associate
What a wild finish that was - was fighting off sleep for a couple of hours to catch the end of and it so glad I did. Bryson has very quickly become one of my favourite golfers and not just because of his ability, comes across a cracking guy. His stuff on YouTube is a great watch.

Played yesterday morning for another PB of 85 now - only one shot better than my last PB which I got a couple of weeks ago but still progress. Starting to feel a lot more consistent with everything golf now and feeling the best I have since I started a few years ago. Just need to start tightening up some stuff and bring my woods back into play to (hopefully!) see the scores tumble even further. Going to get set up on Scottish Golf today to start working towards an official handicap!

Associate
Gutted. That one is going to hurt Rory, possibly for a while.
The Putt on 16 was just a straight pull.
The one on 18 I have more sympathy with. Aiming outside the hole on such a short putt is incredibly difficult.
The poor decision from Rory was taking driver down 18. I get that he felt he needed birdie, But make Bryson win it.
But that is Rory`s style, and he has won many tournament's that way.

Last edited:
Associate
Bryson has had another major coming this year. He's been very strong in 2024. He's also really turned around the public perception of him with his Youtube content, which is great to see.
Rory on the other hand can't seem to shake the mental gremlins. I feel like this will repeat itself many more times in his career unfortunately. I do hope he can get it together though.

Associate
I think Bryson has been great to watch this year in the majors, it's really refreshing for the game. He was brilliant in the PGA and I was so impressed with his short game in the US Open

The cynic in me is kind of wondering if these interactions are fully genuine or if he's doing it more for "the likes" - I do believe it's the former as he used to be let's face it, a total plumb, but he has matured now and he will have become a different person given his recent personal loss. He comes across really honest and humble in his interviews so he does seem to have transformed himself in this regard.

I do think though, that it will turn into a bit of a circus going forward, you heard all the morons chanting, he'll probably attract most of the idiots at the big events.

And if he does start trying too hard for the likes and attention I think it'll become pretty obvious really quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom