Golf Thread

Associate
48 last night on the front nine - 4 x 3 putts in that, new putter on route as my current one (which must be about 30 years old) is too light and I struggle with it now as it's a blade with little forgiveness. Short game slightly better although I went out with a view to try and create a score - didn't lose any balls and hit my 5 wood off the tee, also hit a couple of stormers with it on the fairway. Sort out the putting and that would be 44, improve the short game and potentially another couple of shots off there. My target is to hit 90 in the next month or two on my local course (par 71). Enjoying getting back into it.

Soldato
anyone here used the Wilson Staff Dyna Forged irons? If so ..impressions please...

Been at least a week since you last bought new irons? :p

Not tried the forged, got the basic/original Dynapowers and they're pretty good as far as I can tell as a relative beginner, heard good things about the forged though...

Soldato
Been at least a week since you last bought new irons? :p

Not tried the forged, got the basic/original Dynapowers and they're pretty good as far as I can tell as a relative beginner, heard good things about the forged though...

yeah, definitely a record for me!

Associate
Just back from 2 weeks abroad.

Open just up the road at Troon for me this week - Mate is a member there so we are going Saturday.... Clubhouse passes etc.

Aside from that - B3 TRIPLE BLACK DESIGN LTD

:eek: :eek:
...any chance he can throw something our way for Sunday!? :D

1 hour and 45 minute trek for us on Sunday so it'll be a long day! Can't complain considering we got spoiled with the 150th being half an hour up the road.

Associate
Out in the midweek roll up this morning. Glorious weather, 10:58 tee time, although got moved up a slot due to people dropping out, was striping it on the range in warm up :cool:

For the first time in ages make a solid five at the 1st. Two good shots on the 2nd to leave me a short wedge on. Shank it and my round goes downhill from there, seems to have been a theme recently with my wedges. Even when I could hit the green, such as the par 3 15th where I couldn't have been more central I proceeded to three putt for a four.

Six no scores, this one definitely won't be counting towards my handicap!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just back from town, got a deal on some callaway irons, never had callaway before, but as expected, I hear great things! :)

KfTKKiu.jpg

Associate
Got my Team Titleist fitting on Friday at Celtic Manor, then playing the Montgomerie course after, worth the 2 hour each way drive. Get a TT goodie bag and an hour in-depth fitting with a fitting pro, really cant wait!

Soldato
Got my Team Titleist fitting on Friday at Celtic Manor, then playing the Montgomerie course after, worth the 2 hour each way drive. Get a TT goodie bag and an hour in-depth fitting with a fitting pro, really cant wait!

What you looking at model wise?

Associate
What you looking at model wise?
I mean I am currently gaming a G425 LST with a Tensei Orange 65 S Flex, but I'd be willing to listen to whatever the fitter has to say as my swing has changed since I was fitted for that. As long as I see gains I'll be happy haha.

Back
Top Bottom