Golf Thread

Soldato
Love watching pro golfers having to contend with gorse around the course. Ive had colleagues over from the states etc and they say it looks all tame until you experience it in person and had a new found love for the stuff. Our place has it dotted everywhere, very hard to avoid at times.

Soldato
Not looking good for Bryson or Fleetwood either, and a bunch of others obviously :p

Watched the morning featured groups rather than doing many of the things I needed to do and it looking like it was relatively calm early but the wind definitely picked up. MacIntyre played decently but missed a few birdie putts, everyone else was struggling basically... Bryson was +5 even after an eagle!

Associate
Just switched it on, crikey I don't know what sky are playing at with the static black square mini leaderboard and the bright white names in the lower corner, I bet a few oled owners are not going to be happy on Sunday night when they see the screen burn!!

Commissario
Will we see Tiger at The Open again? Nice to see him get the standing ovation but I can't help but feel that he's not going to win anything again and his body must be struggling through each round!

Man of Honour
Will we see Tiger at The Open again? Nice to see him get the standing ovation but I can't help but feel that he's not going to win anything again and his body must be struggling through each round!

He's probably needing to retire but like Joe Biden seems reluctant to bow out.
He didn't look like a guy who thought it was his last time walking down the 18th at an Open, I think he'll go again next year

Commissario
He's probably needing to retire but like Joe Biden seems reluctant to bow out.
He didn't look like a guy who thought it was his last time walking down the 18th at an Open, I think he'll go again next year
I hope so, would love to see him turn up and smash some scores again but I think I'm in dreamland...

Associate
Nearly shot a new PB today on the Tower and nearly had my first ever round with nothing worse than bogey on the card but the golfing God's decided otherwise :):p

Got my iron swing back and was striking it beautifully, hopefully got the right 'feels' memorised so it doesn't disapear again! Driver was OK, some good some not so good but nothing terrible. All round my game was just extremely solid and I hadn't made worse than bogey when I got to the 17th tee (1 birdie/3 pars/12 bogeys). 17th is a tricky par 5, not the longest at 450y from the whites but water all the way down the left and down the right from driver distance to around 30 yards short of the green. Knowing I was on a good run I was tossing up what to do off the tee but in the end decided to back myself and go with driver. Wasn't my best but good enough and a small fade to leave me nicely in the fairway. 2nd shot was a layup to just inside the 150y, only I mustn't have committed and just pulled my 9i left where after a couple of bounces it trickled into the water just short of the 150y stakes. Thought it might have stayed dry as the grass at the edge of the penalty area was fairly robust but it wasn't to be. Still had a chance of saving bogey, found the green side bunker with my fourth shot, a good splash out left me an uphill 8ft putt to save it but I just missed on the left. Followed up with a messy double on the last after my worst drive of the day left me chipping out sideways from behind a tree. Failed to get down in three from 80y leaving me with an 86 (39/47 (+5/+9)) +15 tying my PB.

Sunday I'm playing in the captains charity day and it will be my 20th card, so something of an official milestone in terms of my handicap. Hence keen to play well and see where I end up, currently at 22.2 Have a spare 98 that will be counting if I have an absolute shocker. If I could match my PB of an 84 then my index should drop just into the 20.x range which is where my coach thought I should be, I won't be holding my breath but on the other hand figure I've got to play well at least once with a card in hand :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom