Golf Thread

Soldato
well...officially ****** off.

the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro only generates spin numbers and flight of ball, with the official Callaway / Rapsodo balls..

not only are they expensive but I can't see anywhere in the UK to buy them from! :mad:

Associate
Noticed the past few times I've been out that my right hip is killing me for a few days afterwards so tried to readjust my swing rotation last night when we were out for 9 and what a different it's made, not only for my hip but my swing/shot overall.

Always used my right hip to start the rotation by pushing it forward/round but tried forcing my left hip back to start it all off and I'm hitting the ball so much better and no pain at all today. I always had a slight fade (with the odd slice) before and I think that's because when I started the rotation my hips were too far ahead in the swing than my upper body, causing me to try and catch up which opens me up and causing the fade/slice. Now, by forcing the left hip back, my upper body starts moving at the same time instead of playing catch-up...

If that makes any sense! :D

Soldato
Shaft ordered - Ventus Blue TR 6X.

They kindly knocked off £30 rental fee as well. Excellent customer service and communication.

Had £104 in Paypal from various odds and sods I sold on ebay - Got another 4 iron to sell for around £60/70 so net effect is around £100 for the shaft. Happy with that.
when is the shaft due to arrive?

Went out and used mine on the course Tuesday. My playing partner even said I've gained yards and consistency of strike is so noticeable.
But the big thing for me is the feedback from the shaft. it's a joy to use.

Soldato
when is the shaft due to arrive?

Went out and used mine on the course Tuesday. My playing partner even said I've gained yards and consistency of strike is so noticeable.
But the big thing for me is the feedback from the shaft. it's a joy to use.

Hopefully tomorrow - Club Championship Qual Rd 1 on Saturday then Dundonald Texas Scramble on Sunday....

Will be put to use for sure...

Soldato
well, the mat for the replacement shipment arrived today, and told that the base would be delivered tomorrow. :confused:

been on the phone with the company and managed to get in touch with the person I was dealing with, and arranging collection for the replacements, probably tomorrow or Monday.

also, on a positive for anyone thinking of getting a MLM2 Pro, I heard on the great vine that metrics that are found on the Garmin R10 are coming soon, so hopefully the balls that cost the earth won't be 100% necessity.

Associate
Shot 95 last night, my lowest ever score and first round played since breaking 100. Very very happy, especially considering the course conditions round our way are god awful with all the rain this week. It's the first time I've really committed to driver off the tee and it seems to have really helped save me 6/7 shots a round. Short game was on point also, chipped in two from about 25 yards which is just madness.

Can't imagine this run will continue and I think I need to prepare myself for that mentally. Played solid bogey golf the last 3 rounds with no real card wreckers but it's going to come...

Got a lesson for the first time in about 3 months tomorrow. Still not happy with my distances and hopefully can alter a few things to rectify that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Out today for some more golf, started off a bit cloudy, chilly and windy but turned out great to the point I started to regret not putting on sun lotion :p

Game of two halves though, first 9 I scored 59 and it was kinda horrible but back 9 was 50 which is my second best score for 9 holes, so some definite improvement there. Early on a big issue was over-reading my putts, I was sure some were breaking like a foot or more but then they justy didn't :(

Back was starting to hurt at the end as well, really need that to stop already... I swear part of the terrible front 9 was my back being a bit stiff and slow to warm up, not all of it obviously but doesn't help, and then it sorts itself out and I start hitting better even when it was sore towards the end it doesn't stop the swing at all.

Associate
Out today for some more golf, started off a bit cloudy, chilly and windy but turned out great to the point I started to regret not putting on sun lotion :p

Game of two halves though, first 9 I scored 59 and it was kinda horrible but back 9 was 50 which is my second best score for 9 holes, so some definite improvement there. Early on a big issue was over-reading my putts, I was sure some were breaking like a foot or more but then they justy didn't :(

Back was starting to hurt at the end as well, really need that to stop already... I swear part of the terrible front 9 was my back being a bit stiff and slow to warm up, not all of it obviously but doesn't help, and then it sorts itself out and I start hitting better even when it was sore towards the end it doesn't stop the swing at all.

Do you do any stretches or general exercise off the course?

This time last year I couldn't play a full round for similar reasons but with regular running and a bit of yoga twice a week I've had little to no pain post round.

Soldato
Do you do any stretches or general exercise off the course?

This time last year I couldn't play a full round for similar reasons but with regular running and a bit of yoga twice a week I've had little to no pain post round.

I never used to do anything, it was great :p

But about a month ago I 'tweaked' my back carrying a trolley jack through the house, as you do. Since then I've had a couple of sports massage sessions, and started a set of daily stretches, it's definitely better but still hanging around really. Kinda looking forward to my next sports massage as I've booked one next Friday afternoon after Golf so be interesting to see how that affects my recovery for Sunday Golf :)

Soldato
well, i now have a second mat + rubber base sitting in my garage still in the packaging (obviously), told by the manager when i phoned and said i received the second set, that I would get a e-mail from them and they would arrange a courier to collect "next day", which in fact was, yesterday? :confused:

What do I do, i cant be in all the time for a random pick-up! Do I keep at them? Leave it with them? What?

Any advice much appreciated, seen as how we are talking of around £400 worth of equipment here! :eek:

Soldato
Weird round today.....

Birdie/Birdie start on the opening Par 5's.....

Double at 4/double at 7 as they've dumped a ton of sand into the bunkers and it's a like a beach trying to get out of them - I hope they rake it around a bit and spread it out - FAR too deep sand.

Lost a ball at 11 with only real bad tee shot of the day and followed up with a 3 putt for triple.

Birdied 15th (another par 5), parred the last par 5 (nice -3 on the 4 par 5's today)

Shot 80 gross - but could have been way lower.... Green keeper must have had a bad start to the day.... Par3 14th - Pin was playing 217 yards from todays tee's - it's all carry to get there as well. Mental.

Dundonald Links tomorrow - love it, one of my favourite courses but weather currently looking awful....

Soldato
well, i now have a second mat + rubber base sitting in my garage still in the packaging (obviously), told by the manager when i phoned and said i received the second set, that I would get a e-mail from them and they would arrange a courier to collect "next day", which in fact was, yesterday? :confused:

What do I do, i cant be in all the time for a random pick-up! Do I keep at them? Leave it with them? What?

Any advice much appreciated, seen as how we are talking of around £400 worth of equipment here! :eek:

send them a final email asking for a specific pick up day - if they fail to arrange that, then you can not be responsible any longer for the return.

Back
Top Bottom