Golf Thread

Soldato
LTDx is the model.

I bought it from American Golf so its within 28 days so I would imagine that they'll have to sort me out if Cobra don't.

What have Cobra said?
Cobra USA were really helpful. Said within 2 year manufacturing warranty and will contact UK to speak with myself.

Cobra UK have basically said, speak to where you brought it from as they can't help. AG have said it's outside of their 1 year warranty so speak with Cobra. Back to Cobra UK and again useless. seriously useless.

Soldato
Cobra USA were really helpful. Said within 2 year manufacturing warranty and will contact UK to speak with myself.

Cobra UK have basically said, speak to where you brought it from as they can't help. AG have said it's outside of their 1 year warranty so speak with Cobra. Back to Cobra UK and again useless. seriously useless.

Bugger that's not good, hopefully you get a decent resolution soon.

Associate
Had a crazy round Sunday. 5 birdies (my most in a single round), 2 pars, 3 bogeys and 8 triples! I was either flushing it out the center or catching it heavy, there was no in-between whatsoever. Putting saved what could have been a truly baffling round in the end.

Soldato
Just got back from a morning 9-holes at my local, the earliest I can tee off atm is 7:56 but it was lovely out there, bit cold to start with but warmed up nicely. Game was the usual mix, did birdie the 4th though, realised then it feels like a while since I'd got a birdie, been playing some solid golf but very few birdies it seems. Shame.

The course 'recently' got a pair of robot mowers to help with the course maintenence and it's really starting to show, looked really good out there :)

Had a crazy round Sunday. 5 birdies (my most in a single round), 2 pars, 3 bogeys and 8 triples! I was either flushing it out the center or catching it heavy, there was no in-between whatsoever. Putting saved what could have been a truly baffling round in the end.

The golf gods are cruel! :p 5 Birdies though! That's impressive, at least to me :p

Soldato
Well, Friday is almost upon us. Launch day of the new TaylorMade club line up..

hope to get a call tomorrow or Thursday, but not holding my breath. Was told TM sometimes allow customer orders to be collected before official launch date. :cool:

Associate
I'll be out on the course for the first time in 3 months this coming Sunday - not even been to the range either.

Do I go to the range to get my swing back or just raw-dog it on Sunday for sheer comedy value?

I'm more geared towards the second option...

Soldato
I'll be out on the course for the first time in 3 months this coming Sunday - not even been to the range either.

Do I go to the range to get my swing back or just raw-dog it on Sunday for sheer comedy value?

I'm more geared towards the second option...
Go out cold as I say. That way you know the expectations of a good round are not there just because you've been to the range and hit a few nice shots.
Just enjoy being outside and get that golf bug back

Soldato
I could not resist the latest Callaway Pre-Owned sales and picked up a set of 4-P Rogue St Max OS irons, paid £260 in total. Had a good lesson today with my coach, almost every shot at least was with the right contact, no thin or fat shots. Still building up the power and distance but that will come in time.

Soldato
Out for a morning round today, was lovely to be the first person out just after sunrise :)

I started doing that a bit last year towards the end of summer and really enjoyed it but had most of the last 3 months off work (contractor with no contract/not particularly looking) and could never be bothered to get up early enough, now I'm working again I can tee off 8-ish and be back home by 9:30 to start work.

Ok round, shot 48 so not great/not terrible, feels like I left 4 or 5 putts within a couple of inches of the hole so could easily have been a chunk lower, and that was with 19 putts over 9 holes so not unhappy with the number of putts overall...

@Superpatsy When are we (/you :p) booking the Crail/St. Andrews trip :D :p

Associate
Out for a morning round today, was lovely to be the first person out just after sunrise :)

I started doing that a bit last year towards the end of summer and really enjoyed it but had most of the last 3 months off work (contractor with no contract/not particularly looking) and could never be bothered to get up early enough, now I'm working again I can tee off 8-ish and be back home by 9:30 to start work.

Ok round, shot 48 so not great/not terrible, feels like I left 4 or 5 putts within a couple of inches of the hole so could easily have been a chunk lower, and that was with 19 putts over 9 holes so not unhappy with the number of putts overall...

@Superpatsy When are we (/you :p) booking the Crail/St. Andrews trip :D :p
Tail-end of summer when it quietens down a bit.

They refresh the offers every year and I've not checked if it's still there. I'll have a look...

Soldato
Thinking about it, on a similar topic, currently trying to organise a bit of a golfing trip with my usual golf buddies and it's like herding cats, it's bad enough organising the Friday/Sunday rounds let alone anything more complex :p

Currently thinking a weekend in mid-March to go and play 3 courses (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), probably on the west coast of Wales which is close-ish but further than just driving to a normal round. The three courses I've got in mind at Aberdovey, Royal St. David's and Porthmadog, anyone played any of these and/or got any thoughts?

Also we really should organise an OcUK game, alongside the Scottish trip :p Looking at the map @MarkA put together a bit ago maybe something kinda Oxford to Northampton kinda region might be doable for a buch of us? Can anyone think/know of decent (but reasonably priced?!) courses in that kinda area?

Soldato
Thinking about it, on a similar topic, currently trying to organise a bit of a golfing trip with my usual golf buddies and it's like herding cats, it's bad enough organising the Friday/Sunday rounds let alone anything more complex :p

Currently thinking a weekend in mid-March to go and play 3 courses (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), probably on the west coast of Wales which is close-ish but further than just driving to a normal round. The three courses I've got in mind at Aberdovey, Royal St. David's and Porthmadog, anyone played any of these and/or got any thoughts?

Also we really should organise an OcUK game, alongside the Scottish trip :p Looking at the map @MarkA put together a bit ago maybe something kinda Oxford to Northampton kinda region might be doable for a buch of us? Can anyone think/know of decent (but reasonably priced?!) courses in that kinda area?

always hard work.

We've just got 10 people for one night/two rounds at Slaley Hall (fri and sat) - dinner bed/breakfast in June. £190 a head. Anything more than one night away is hard with everyone having kids/family/jobs/other holidays etc.

Associate
So the Crail one isn't on it anymore but I can get in touch and see what they say - it might just not be updated yet as they're not open just now by the looks of it. Still got the Torrance and Kittocks courses in St Andrews on it.

Plenty of other fantastic courses around here regardless.

Associate
New personal best for me of 5 pars out of 9. Blading the chips on 2 and 5 cost me a lot of strokes and it’s something that’s creeped into my game but only on course! Never on the practice area.

IMG_4215.png

Last edited:
Soldato
well, chances according to AG is that the clubs will be arriving sometime next week! :(

I popped into town and had a look at a golf store / driving range to get a look at the new TM irons, had a good look at them..gorgeous.

The only thing is the wedges are quite chunky, and my spec has 9 irons coming, 5-LW.. so will see how I get on with them, but can always mix and match the wedges to traditional ones.

Associate
Got a fitting with our junior pro tomorrow (better fitter than our actual pro) Looking at a new utility iron. Gaming a G410 Crossover at the moment, still a bit unsure what I want. Tempted to try out a icrossover, Apex UT, Mizuno Fli-Hi or maybe a U505 but they are fairly chonky.

Playing a round beforehand so I'll be warm. Will gap test with my 5 iron, 5 wood and existing Crossover (4 iron) to see what loft I need. Also get an idea on what shaft I want.

Soldato
Got a fitting with our junior pro tomorrow (better fitter than our actual pro) Looking at a new utility iron. Gaming a G410 Crossover at the moment, still a bit unsure what I want. Tempted to try out a icrossover, Apex UT, Mizuno Fli-Hi or maybe a U505 but they are fairly chonky.

Playing a round beforehand so I'll be warm. Will gap test with my 5 iron, 5 wood and existing Crossover (4 iron) to see what loft I need. Also get an idea on what shaft I want.

Fli Hi works for me... Gaps nicely...

Associate
Ended up with a icrossover 3 iron with a Tour 2.0 shaft 85g S flex. Gained 15 yards on my current 4 G410 Crossover. My gapping was a bit odd, 5 iron Mizuno Pro 223 goes 190, the 4 iron was going 195, so it was a bit tight. The 5 wood was going 230. So hopefully it'll help me with better distance control.

Back
Top Bottom