Google Begins Testing Its Augmented-Reality Glasses

Soldato
Proper AR should have appeared years ago, we've had the technology but no has done much about it, i guess mobiles are still doing well so why bother, at least something is happening at last, shame they aren't being very imaginative though, it's a bit basic but i guess they have to start somewhere, ill be waiting for the proper 3d version that places virtual interactive objects in real space, thats when the fun begins. :)

Caporegime
am i the only one who asked his phone a question or for it to do something and it thinks ive said something entirely different?

Soldato
Garrus_Character_Shot.png

Caporegime
I haven't seen something more wrong being posted since the great custard cream debate in the other thread.

The only thing that might stop it taking off big time is price and I can't imagine it being out of range for most people anyway especially since all the cool kids seem to be able to afford the latest iPhones.

Anyway, it's by Google, everyone knows them and loves the brand and its services. Everyone knows what Android is now as well and it's an established system in the mobile world that's taking over at a speedy pace every month compared to the competition.

People in this thread have already said they would feel conscious about wearing one. I would. I know many people wouldn't walk about the street wearing one either.

As I said we shall see, still think the tech is too early and it needs a few years before people will start wearing them.

Batter power.

Driving Scotland.

You know I noticed that before hitting reply............:(

Soldato
They will be banned whilst driving.

It would be a shame if they were. Satnav with lane assist (etc) would be great on them.

I'd rather they looked a bit like normal glasses with reaction lenses when its sunny outside. But I'd still wear that prototype. :cool:

Soldato
Yep, I'd wear them. Be cool chilling on the bed or sofa, going through and sending emails.

Because you can't do that with a mobile phone or netbook?

You'd still need some form of keyboard, so why not a screen too?

Wearing it on your face in such a situation is pointless (and probably bad for your eyes).

Back
Top Bottom