Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
It's the 'At a glance' widget and Google don't want you to turn it off, they view it as a key part of the 'Pixel experience' I think.

I believe you can get rid of it by installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova to replace the standard Pixel launcher.

Soldato
One thing I hadn't realise, probably being naive, you have to pay for the connection, data etc for the watch. I hadn't really thought about it, thinking it was just being paired into your phone's contract I suppose.

Soldato
Oh I see, the at a glance thing is handy. I have it on my 1st page, but use my 2nd page as my home page. You could try that

Edit: just had a look on my Pixel 5, press and hold on home screen, home settings, at a glance settings

Last edited:
Soldato
It's the 'At a glance' widget and Google don't want you to turn it off, they view it as a key part of the 'Pixel experience' I think.
It is incredibly useful and one of the best things about having a pixel phone if you use Google calendar.

Associate
Replying to my own post on Friday and my concern for the watch battery life, I have actually been more than impressed over the weekend. Woke up Sunday after 24 hours use with it still having 34% remaining and this morning with 60%. Thats with light/moderate use. Doesnt seem to take long to charge either.

I did turn off the tilt to wake feature so now I have to either touch the watch face or press the crown.

Using Fitbit this morning whilst out running the screen did stay on the whole time. Dont know if this is a feature I can turn off? I dont need it on constantly.

Also loving the phone. Ive had zero problems of any description. FInd it very quick/responsive. No scroll issues, camera and video look great, battery performance excellent and build quality also excellent.

No regrets.

Associate
Quick question as im awaiting to claim my watch. Is there an option like the Apple watches to select what wrist you can wear it on and also the crown orientation at all ? I wear my watches on my right wrist and I prefer the crown to be on the left hand side.

Associate
Quick question as im awaiting to claim my watch. Is there an option like the Apple watches to select what wrist you can wear it on and also the crown orientation at all ? I wear my watches on my right wrist and I prefer the crown to be on the left hand side.
Yes, the watch orientation option allows you to chose which wrist you wear the watch on and which side of the watch is the crown.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes I believe it gives you that option.

Soldato
So have picked up a Pixel 7 Pro as wanted to see if there is enough to convince me to come back to Android but got a few questions for those using a Pixel and other devices.

Watch - do not like the Pixel watch at all, I presume this will automatically eliminate any source of seamless interaction with the phone - have been eyeing up a Garmin Venu 2 Plus
Tracking Tags - The AirTags have been a saviour for me - what equivalents if any do you use in Android?

Biggest thing for me is continuity and ecosystem and trying to find a setup that would bring me as close to that I have been spoilt with on iOS.

Soldato
I ordered the P7 directly from Google on Thursday and my estimated delivery was next Tuesday or Wednesday. Had a text message this morning to say it will be with me mid-day today. I was hoping to order a case and potentially a screen protector before its arrival.

Are there any cases similar to Speck Prisado Grip ones as they have always been my favourite? Also, I can't stand screen protectors (really try to look after my phone's) but can anyone recommend a really good one and whether it should be tempered glass or TPU? Finally, if I don't like the phone after a couple days of use, how easy is it to return to Google? Can you only return it if unopened or am I covered by the 14 day distance selling act regardless of if it's been used?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I've used these in the past and they've always been good

Associate
Can anyone recommend a Pixel 7 Pro screen protector that they are using? One which allows fingerprint reads without issue and also does not have any type of cut-out on the fingerprint sensor.
Im currently using a LK TPU screen protector. Installs quite well with the install kit. Make sure you align it well. Works totally fine with the fingerprint scanner. Ill await for some decent glass based ones to be released, but im pretty happy with this TPU screen protector for now.

Caporegime
I'm using one from panzer glass. It's curved it does fit pretty damn snug.
I paid about 30quid after exchange rate ... Rip off Sweden....

The "cutout" is purely cosmetic, it's still protected. Initially I was peed with it but I'm more happy the screen is protected för now.
More products will come in time.
It definitely dampens the quality of the screen...

I'm looking for a decent wallet case with plenty of card space... That's proving a nightmare

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone having sound issues? I am having the audio briefly cut out during playback. It's happening a fair bit. I thought it would be notification related and one of the group chats had blown up but there was nothing. I haven't yet identified a pattern or reason to it.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Is anyone having sound issues? I am having the audio briefly cut out during playback. It's happening a fair bit. I thought it would be notification related and one of the group chats had blown up but there was nothing. I haven't yet identified a pattern or reason to it.

Media or notifications? Media for me is absolutely fine so far, phones always on silent otherwise.

Anyone got their prepaid package from Currys for their trade-in? Been waiting since the 8th.

Soldato
Media or notifications? Media for me is absolutely fine so far, phones always on silent otherwise.
Media. I can be listening to something and I'll hear it cut out for a split second slightly. It's so brief but it's annoying. I'd like to be able to just listen to my media without it cutting out.

Back
Top Bottom