Government to consider banning smoking in pub gardens etc..

While the topic is about saving the NHS money, will the same beer gardens and parks be monitored for CO2 emissions after smoking is banned there, which a quick peek on a search engine throws up so big numbers of the cost to the NHS.

While the topic is about saving the NHS money, will the same beer gardens and parks be monitored for CO2 emissions after smoking is banned there, which a quick peek on a search engine throws up so big numbers of the cost to the NHS.

CO2?
LOL

While your brain is fizzing, consider :
Inhaled air contains about 0.04% carbon dioxide, while exhaled air contains about 4% carbon dioxide.

Last edited:
Nothing worse than some tit walking in front of you or past you smoking a cigarette. This should actually be banned instead of worrying about pub gardens.

This is an absolutely pathetic excuse, just cross over the road or move back if you really don't want to smell it.

But no let's take away people's freedom, this isn't about smoking it's about this government taking away that from people.

People are able to make own decisions, they don't need a government to do it for them.

So for the poorer families the Gov will be reducing the price of healthy snacks and increasing the brain ticklers to a price that is not affordable to them?

Also I've seen some of these 'People that have to take responsibility' and I think many struggle to understand the basics of life and rely on a mobile phone to explain to them that it is now time to breathe out and breathe
Possibly we have too many of these types that need a mobile phone to breathe ;)

This is an absolutely pathetic excuse, just cross over the road or move back if you really don't want to smell it.

But no let's take away people's freedom, this isn't about smoking it's about this government taking away that from people.

People are able to make own decisions, they don't need a government to do it for them.
It’s up to the ‘polluter’ to consider those around them not everyone else having to dive away in their wake!

The processed proteins are quite impressive now, with new stuff coming to market.
Last company I worked for (in food industry but at tech end) the chef did some demonstrations for us.
He did some chicken kebabs and a beef curry. Only both were replacement proteins.
Honestly some of the best chicken kebab and beef curry I had ever tasted and texture was spot on.

Nothing is going to quickly challenge a nice steak or roast beef/chicken, but for stuff like meat in a curry we are really close now to stuff that will fool people.
That IMO should be the target, reduce the "real meat" being used where you honestly wouldn't tell the difference and focus on really good quality meat for when you can.

Sustainable and if they're crushed up into flour does it really matter?

Insects are eaten in a lot of places already

Yeap, ground processed insect protein is just starting to creep in, often in "protein enhanced" foods.
The reality is it doesn't matter for processed food if its recovered animal protein, vegetable (such as pea) protein or insect.

Calm down dear.

Now breathe out ;)

What, your fixating on the one gas that we produce as humans, CO2 isn't an issue
CO now we could be talking, or the multitude of other things that comes out of a car exhaust but no need to worry about CO2

Unless your literally chugging on an exhaust or something

I don't smoke. I am actually quite anti-smoking as it killed both my parents. I supported the smoking ban in public buildings.

But in my opinion this is a step too far. We have to balance the needs and wants of everyone with being reasonably free in our country to do what we choose. I don't see that smoking in a beer garden, or similar, is a particularly big problem.

Meh, not a huge smoker (smoke 1/day on average, but if drinking in nice weather will smoke a bit more), but this is something that will ensure I never go out for drinks. We've already stopped going to the local coffee shop as they don't allow smoking outside.
Which is fine; I have plenty of (cheaper) drinks at home and a nice garden.

You know exactly what I mean and are just willy waving around the forum and seem to struggle to do what you would do in real life and just simply ask if I was meaning something else, before attempting to put that person down! ;)

Last edited:
Good. It means I don't have to sit outside and get the smoke that wafts over from the next table along or have to move an ashtray when I sit down because it stinks.

Let's not make this into a political thread otherwise it'll get closed as political threads are not allowed in GD. Thank you.

Esther managed to generate herself a little heat.

Your not in government any more dear, stop trying to pander to the regressives and start getting the party back into the 2020s.

Back
Top Bottom