Government to consider banning smoking in pub gardens etc..

Kinda amusing how people are complaining about a whiff of cigarette smoke whilst they’re sat outside pickling their livers with alcohol.
Make it make sense.

That was slightly tongue in cheek btw.

next will be something like meat banned from all schools and universities.
We have to break the habit to save the planet.

just because you don't agree with, or like something doesn't mean it should be banned.

Of course it should be banned. We know to much about it.

A - Cancer
B - Lobbying and Corruption
C - Cancer if you don't smoke (AKA Roy Castle)
D - So many other diseases associated with it.

Kinda amusing how people are complaining about a whiff of cigarette smoke whilst they’re sat outside pickling their livers with alcohol.
Make it make sense.

That was slightly tongue in cheek btw.

I mean its utterly disgusting and most smokers I know have zero concern or respect for anyone else beyond the requirements of the law. They will happily come and sit 2m from you while you are outside with your young children. Ruins what should be a nice relaxing experience.

I have absolutely no issue with banning vaping or at least banning all flavoured and disposable vapes. It’s mainly kids who will be upset. Keep vaping as tobacco flavoured only available on prescription for those wishing to give up smoking.
The vaping lobby have an argument already prepared for that one. Heard it today on TV. "Many people use vapes to stop smoking cigarettes, so the last thing those people want is a cigarette/tobacco flavoured vape, which will constantly remind them of smoking"

To be fair it's an argument, the problem of course being that (and I don't have the figures to back this up) I assumes the vast majority of vapers never smoked.

So I'd counter that argument by have some process that you can only get non tobacco flavoured vapes with a prescription, still pay the going rate. But every vape/refill sold that is flavoured needs a corresponding prescription. And maybe you only get them in Chemists.

And keep all vapes behind cupboards like you do for cigarettes.

I imagine that would wiped out the vast majority of vape sales and close most of the vaping shops in short order, unless of course they are in the same business as Turkish barbers.

Last edited:
Oh boohoo you smell a bit of smoke outside in the open air, what is wrong with you people!

Next your be saying your not allowed to take a wee in a urinal because it smells when you walk past. Jesus
The fact your comparing smoking to urinal smells is all we need to know :cool:

Oh boohoo you smell a bit of smoke outside in the open air, what is wrong with you people!

Next your be saying your not allowed to take a wee in a urinal because it smells when you walk past. Jesus
As an ex smoker I find it really unpleasant and that's not because I want one.

A - Cancer
B - Lobbying and Corruption
C - Cancer if you don't smoke (AKA Roy Castle)
D - So many other diseases associated with it.
So many dangers associated with food additives and preservatives as well, why don't we ban them.

so many cancers these days caused by diets.... but a bit of smoke is the problem.?

not the other thing which is almost impossible to avoid, not to mention the pesticides that remain in your food even if you wash it.

How much a year does it cost the NHS?

It's almost like this whole thing is from the tobacco industry pushing people towards vapes instead or something.

are vapes much more profitable than ciggies?

loads of health problems they tell you to avoid processed food, additives and all the crap, eat healthy etc

some medical conditions even tell you to avoid certain coloured foods.

we know the effects they have on the body, we know they aren;t good, they are a far bigger danger to society and your children than a cigarette smoke that wafts your way for a few seconds.

if ciggies are cancer sticks what is most the food we eat now then? colon bombs? anyone got a better name?

you know another massive problem that's now entering almost every living organism on the planet, plastic.

but cigarettes are the real danger, the one thing you can avoid

Last edited:
Instead we've gone "Here's some super heated chemicals, please inhale them as a "healthy" option. They're better than the alternative but really we've got no idea what the long term effects will be."
My cousin put it quite well recently.

All these people including children are taking part in a huge unpaid clinical trial with absolutely no idea what the outcome will be.

Back
Top Bottom