Government to consider banning smoking in pub gardens etc..

Fair enough but should your dislike means legal implications for anyone who wants to smoke outside where effect on others are negligible?
No I am not in support of the action being proposed as it is and see it as nothing more than taking a hammer to crack a nut.

I mean its utterly disgusting and most smokers I know have zero concern or respect for anyone else beyond the requirements of the law. They will happily come and sit 2m from you while you are outside with your young children. Ruins what should be a nice relaxing experience.

That is the thing that gets me
Of smokers were actually considerate then there would be no need for legislation as they would never consider smoking in a beer garden while other people are eating or enjoying a pint. But as they never give a **** then legislation is the only way.

same as gun ownership when i was in the US. In general i'm against it but not such a massive issue, except everyone i knew who owned a gun was literally the last person i would want with one, and their reasons were always completely absurd or against all known statistics.

All these people including children are taking part in a huge unpaid clinical trial with absolutely no idea what the outcome will be.
that phrase could equally be attributed to aforementioned wegovy, wonder drug promoted by influencers - imagine if marlboro man had been on social media;
interesting program the other day about social media cult of pink cocaine.

tbh I'm all for this. Every time I've gone to sit in a beer garden all summer there's been half a dozen people smoking making it rank.
I expect there will be the standard moaners kicking off, lee, forage etc only for it to end up being a net positive and cause more people to sit outside while drinking/eating.

As an ex smoker I can see why poeple may not like people smoking in the beer garden, they will just end up outside the gate of the beer garden or outside the door of the pub, and people will still be able to smell it.

Hopefully it will apply to vaping as well. Think there is far too many people, especilly kids vaping nowadays.
Its supposed to be there to help stop smoking, but you still adicted to vaping, which can't be good in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom