• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Soldato
Their response as below. They stated previously that card was EOL so could not be directly replaced if unable to repair. Not sure they even followed up with manufacturer regarding possible repair. Seems like their common response. Was going to investigate further when I get home from work tonight...

"
Thank you for returning your item.

We can confirm that the above return has been processed and a refund will be issued once the RMA has been closed.

As per our terms and conditions and in line with the Sale of Goods Act 1979, as this item is over 6 months old you will only qualify for a proportionate refund of the original purchase price. Therefore we are unable to issue a replacement as initially requested."

Ouch. I'd be tempted to hold fire although new cards becoming available is... well a frustrating waiting game.

I'm not even waiting for the new cards anymore. I'm just waiting for the current cards to be at a reasonable price point (aka below launch prices).

Soldato
did you buy new
? in which case surely it is a warranty replacement and not a SOG issue.... therefore you should be expecting (/demanding) either the same card or an equivalent - better if not exact - card.

SOG only comes into play outside of a warranty - which is 2 years under EU law i believe minimum, and at that point it is true you have less power then, of course gibbo or someone will know better than I if they notice your post.

I know for a fact overclockers do well by their customers here as i have 2 mates both have NV cards fail from them.

one got a gtx 970 replaced with a 1060 (6GB) and the other a 980ti replaced with a 1070Ti.

edit.. my googlefu seems to be telling me i was talking ********..... but that said, i still would fight a partial refund if under warranty still.... *mental note after reading, i need to activate my 5 year sony warranty on my TV!!!*

Last edited:
Soldato
did you buy new
? in which case surely it is a warranty replacement and not a SOG issue.... therefore you should be expecting (/demanding) either the same card or an equivalent - better if not exact - card.

SOG only comes into play outside of a warranty - which is 2 years under EU law i believe minimum, and at that point it is true you have less power then, of course gibbo or someone will know better than I if they notice your post.

I know for a fact overclockers do well by their customers here as i have 2 mates both have NV cards fail from them.

one got a gtx 970 replaced with a 1060 (6GB) and the other a 980ti replaced with a 1070Ti.

Damn, that is excellent service from OC.

Soldato
indeed (i did refrain from mentioning that in both cases it took a couple of months downtime to get it sorted presumably whilst OCUK looked to get a more direct replacement / stock, but both of them came out happy with it in the end.

Associate
Their response as below. They stated previously that card was EOL so could not be directly replaced if unable to repair. Not sure they even followed up with manufacturer regarding possible repair. Seems like their common response. Was going to investigate further when I get home from work tonight...

"

We can confirm that the above return has been processed and a refund will be issued once the RMA has been closed.

As per our terms and conditions and in line with the Sale of Goods Act 1979, as this item is over 6 months old you will only qualify for a proportionate refund of the original purchase price. Therefore we are unable to issue a replacement as initially requested."

That’s just bad. A quick google search shows they have been at it for years and probably not much you can do about is as it’s in there t&c’s.

Caporegime
Careful, you're in danger of triggering a few people in here with talk like that!

UJuHw3F.gif

vgbhvbh.jpg

:D

OcUK Staff
OP

"

Then they should have replaced with the super jetstream 1080 which is not EOL and cost within $10 of that card anyway. That is what OcUK would have done if Palit said regular Jetstream was not available, we'd just swap for the closest performing card in your favour, which would be super jetstream at no cost to yourself.

Soldato
That's probably not as important as it used to be considering the bulk of games are now console ports. The 980ti will be 3 years old this June and still fares pretty well unless you are chasing 4k 100+fps.

The word port gets miss-used to much, they are multi platform games, designed on PC for PC. PC still has best versions of the 'Ports' so not a bad thing at all. Far Cry 5 looks great on Xbox X for example, but stuck at 30 FPS and no mouse, vomit.gif xD

PS4 Protato even worse, games look muddy and FPS drops. PC 'Ports' fare much better.

Caporegime
Nothing confirmed, the Vega die shrink is reportedly on the way though, rumoured to be 7mm and Q4. Still not confirmed though.
Yes but according to AMD themselves that's just for professional cards. There will be no Vega shrink for desktop GPUs.

Next stop for desktop is Navi, nothing before.

Soldato
Then they should have replaced with the super jetstream 1080 which is not EOL and cost within $10 of that card anyway. That is what OcUK would have done if Palit said regular Jetstream was not available, we'd just swap for the closest performing card in your favour, which would be super jetstream at no cost to yourself.
I don't what it is but I've always wanted to ask this question, do Palit cards actually get delivered to you on a pallet?

Soldato

This is why I buy stuff from OCUK and recommend you to anyone who asks me about buying IT gear.

My brother was impressed years ago when you replaced his 5850 with one month to go on warranty with a brand new 570.

Great service.

Soldato
By the way guys although Gibbo didnt say it, he did put the Palit gamerock premium on sale :)

I am mulling over it still, because if I buy it I would probably also need a new PSU.

Its like the time as well I moaned about the asrock z370 board been overpriced then I checked a couple of days later and Gibbo silently put it on sale. :) So I brought it.

Also it turns out that other retailer with the fake RRP prices got hammered for it by the ASA this week. (I didnt complain someone else did).

Associate
The SSDs are a strange one. To buy a bigger SSD it is cheaper than buying 2 of the smaller ones until you get to 1TB. Why is that?

Back
Top Bottom