Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Don
Think he would be better off buying for those upfront 3. Even move Suarez left and bring in a new central player.

As much as Gerrard is a great finisher, I don't know if his legs will last long with that running up front. He may get more years as a playmaker, if he can resist passing to the oppo and do it well.

Gerrard doesn't have the same burst of pace he once had but there's still enough in the tank in my opinion. You saw towards the end of today's game when he burst past Chelsea's midfield and slipped Sterling through. We certainly need to bring a couple of attacking in but given our current options, when Lucas is fit, I'd certainly give Gerrard a run further forward.

Associate
Gerrard doesn't have the same burst of pace he once had but there's still enough in the tank in my opinion. You saw towards the end of today's game when he burst past Chelsea's midfield and slipped Sterling through. We certainly need to bring a couple of attacking in but given our current options, when Lucas is fit, I'd certainly give Gerrard a run further forward.

I think Gerrard would be ideal at linking midfield to attack, he has the power and strength to hold up the ball and bring others into the attack, and most of the time his passing is sublime. Still think the current Stevie Gerrard still has a place in this Liverpool time, but what I wouldn't give to have Steven Gerrard in his prime with Luis Suarez at the moment. Would be absolutley devastating.

Caporegime
I thought Gerrard was outstanding for England in a deeper role in midfield throughout the Euro's :)

He has great vision and passing. I think he could well flourish playing slightly deeper for Liverpool but I don't think he's unable to play further forward, despite losing that initial burst of acceleration / pace.

That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

Permabanned
Big Sam proving yet again that he can turn any average side in to a comfortable mid table team in the Premiership. Might not be a fashionable manager but he does a bloody good job.

Edit: Didn't realise Fellani scored again. Would be an ideal player for United imo.

I agree, Fellaini will be brilliant at Utd ahead of Fletcher.

Man of Honour
Another disappointing result, it was similar to the Swansea game.
You've got to bury these sort of teams when you're on top as the longer they're in it the more confident & adventurous they get and our flaky defence is always going to concede at the moment.
Losing Terry is a big blow, we looked organised again when he was on but as soon as he's off there's no leadership.
I can't see us getting anything out of Man.C. with Terry & Cole missing so we really need to beat WBA next week (which won't be easy) or we'll drop further down to the pack. The Juventus game is another big one too, it's not looking good at the moment.
At least Spuds blew out again and Arsenal dropped points so we didn't lose any ground to them.

Soldato
I did feel a bit sorry for Suarez. He's basically carrying Liverpool at the moment, the team should have celebrated with him.

Soldato
I agree, Fellaini will be brilliant at Utd ahead of Fletcher.

Maybe only a hot prospect at the moment but would easily prefer Wanyama at Utd.

Fellaini for me gets the red mist for silly reasons a little too much for me (already 4 yellow cards this season)

He is seemingly agitating for CL games though, so it may not be long before he leaves GP

Soldato
I did feel a bit sorry for Suarez. He's basically carrying Liverpool at the moment.

But why single out Liverpool as the only team that is being carried by their star player, last year RVP carried Arsenal, Rooney has carried ManU to the title on a few occasions and Ronaldo the season he left. This year RVP is carrying Manu to a certain extent, take out the Star player and to one degree or another any team struggles.

Suppose its good that Luis is making the headlines for the right reason though, along with all the baggage the fact that he is a supremely gifted footballer gets forgotten a lot of the time :)

Soldato
But why single out Liverpool as the only team that is being carried by their star player, last year RVP carried Arsenal, Rooney has carried ManU to the title on a few occasions and Ronaldo the season he left. This year RVP is carrying Manu to a certain extent, take out the Star player and to one degree or another any team struggles.

Suppose its good that Luis is making the headlines for the right reason though, along with all the baggage the fact that he is a supremely gifted footballer gets forgotten a lot of the time :)

he was talking about why Liverpool players didn't go and celebrate with him

ibfccWA47ehWCO.gif

Soldato

No need to get butthurt. My post was about celebrations, and specifically Liverpool players not celebrating an important goal from Suarez. I think you'll find that all of those teams that you mentioned actually celebrate with their star player when he scores.

Victim complex again. I wasn't even having a go and yet you take it that way.

Caporegime
Can people stop using 'victim complex', it has been lingering around long before Suarez-Evra thing and you know what for, stop using it. Is it like red cafe word of the month or something grim, it is all you use.

Soldato
Can people stop using 'victim complex', it has been lingering around long before Suarez-Evra thing and you know what for, stop using it. Is it like red cafe word of the month or something grim, it is all you use.

Just ignore it Purdy, certain fans of other teams use it to try and belittle. Its not big and its not clever, and it shows the mentality of those that use it as a touch childish.

Back
Top Bottom