Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Caporegime
Crusade? I have an opinion on you and your posts but I can't go into that without getting banned. I can point out what you're referring to with your posts though.

Nah, because when I point out what people mean when they post everyone in here suddenly turns against me :o

It's not worth getting a suspension over telling someone what you actually think of them though.

Soldato
I never said anything about the Suarez thing or interpreted in any fashion, i simply commented or your continuous use of the phrase victim complex.

This was my original post.

I did feel a bit sorry for Suarez. He's basically carrying Liverpool at the moment, the team should have celebrated with him.

Newbie decided to get all butthurt over it for no reason. The victim complex comment was in reference to that to be honest. It's pointless debating with most of the Liverpool fans on here tbh because you're all determined to see everything in the worst possible light and be offended by everything, no matter how it is intended.

My comment wasn't even aimed at you guys anyway. I would have said the same thing if someone had posted a gif of that showing any player. Obviously if said player wasn't carrying his team I would have omitted that part.

Continue feeling butthurt if you wish though, and continue your personal crusade, it makes me more famous every time you mention my name :)

Man of Honour
At least I can see I post a lot of crap (particularly during a match), got to count for something :p

Most of the Mods in here are football fans (apart from SPW, he's Scottish) and know what emotions are like during a game so treat things accordingly, it's the bile that's posted during quieter times that has escalated. :(

Don
Most of the Mods in here are football fans (apart from SPW, he's Scottish) and know what emotions are like during a game so treat things accordingly, it's the bile that's posted during quieter times that has escalated. :(

The day you hung up your hammer was the day this place went downhill.

edit: You know I don't really mean that but you were fishing for it and I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Associate
Come on you Dons! Big game tonight, surprised we've made so many changes and not that confident with the starting XI, but then York have kept the same team only 2 days after playing on Saturday.

Man of Honour
The day you hung up your hammer was the day this place went downhill.

edit: You know I don't really mean that but you were fishing for it and I didn't want to leave you hanging.

I wasn't but cheers anyway;)
It's a genuine concern (well not a concern but you get what I mean) as everyone is at each other's throats now.
I got back in time last night to have a bit of banter after the game but decided not to as I can't be arsed with getting in to petty arguments when I say anything remotely controversial so I posted my thoughts on the game this morning instead.
I don't mind debating incidents & opinions but when some nobbers resort to simple abuse & trolling it's pointless.

Man of Honour

Love you too. :p Although it looks like my club is about to go bust owing lots to the taxman so maybe I'll have to start paying attention to English football instead.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Well I mean that is the case most people who 'aren't' singing what 'always the victim' really means use as their excuse.

Again who do you support?

Why do you ask? Will it make a difference to your opinion of me?

What if I said Liverpool?

Soldato
Newbie decided to get all butthurt over it for no reason.

Butthurt? Takes more than that dude, besides I would say you're more "butthurt" than me as you constently posting about it rather than ignore it ;)

I misread what you posted is all, given Sky's latest take on my football club and where we would be without Suarez....besdies, as I said in the same post I'm just glad Sky seem to be concentrating on just how good a footballer he is rather than everything else that comes with a player like him. Strangely ever since his rather tasty goal against Newcastle (which any tom, dick or harry could have scored according to some on here)

Soldato
I think the whole thing about 'Always The Victims' is entirely subjective either from the person who says it or the Liverpool fan who hears it.

Laying my cards on the table a little bit yesterday Pigeon said something about the Suarez Terry incident being another reason for fans to hate on Suarez. To fans outside Liverpool it is so easy to think here we go again. They're off, the worlds against them once again etc etc etc

Of course there are idiots who will sing it, be it Utd, Chelsea, Everton or whoever and will have the malice to mean it towards Hillsborough. There are others who can separate the two and clearly refer to Liverpool fans as playing the Victim Card with nothing directed to Hillsborough at all. Be it Suarez being treated unfairly, Ref's being biased against Liverpool, More decisions go against Liverpool than for them etc.

What inflames it when fans get called out for 'We know what you REALLY mean' with Always the Victims as if there is some kind of hidden agenda. It winds anyone who isn't a Liverpool fan up because you can't say anything without risk of what you said being twisted into something Hillsborough related.

Not that I should have to defend my position but I think the Liverpool fans on here would have seen enough of what I have said over the years regarding Hillsborough to realise that I am not one of the people who would mock the tragedy.

Soldato
if different folks have different perceptions and nothing is certain I think it's best if people refrain from using it

Agreed,

If you do sing that song you always run the risk of being called out as Anti-Hillsborough (if such a thing exists)

By the same token, opposing fans should be able to ask in a 'Foum' like this why Liverpool fans seem to think the club or the team is perceived to be treated differently from other clubs without having their words twisted also.

Back
Top Bottom