GTR 2 Demo friday.

Just done 10 laps qually and 2 ten lap races.
Won a race in the 575 first time out posting a 1.39.809. Not lightning but not bad for first time out. No aids of course i Never use aids.
Second race in the Lambo i started last and got up to 3rd before i span pushing it to hard. Lap times in the 1.39's again.
Loaded and ran great on my old socket A so well chuffed with that. Not the slightest glitch and the only time i span was my fault for being to ambitous with throttle and kerb. I held numerous drifts where i over cooked it and saved just about everything.
Good effort but of course this is all Off line. How it works online with 20-30 people sitting on the grid is what i want to know.
A definate step forward in drivability though and a must have down load for anyone with a wheel laying about.

BTW I used the special MOMO racer option and like the effects for now. Select them in options, i didn't at first and had virtually no FF.

After more play the laptimes are way too fast compared to real life, which is a suprise really and i think the driving is a little too sterile, I am way faster than i ever was in GTR and I dont really have the same feeling of fear going into some corners as GTR used to give me, maybe this is more realistic in the handling I dont know :)

Mr Men said:
After more play the laptimes are way too fast compared to real life, which is a suprise really and i think the driving is a little too sterile, I am way faster than i ever was in GTR and I dont really have the same feeling of fear going into some corners as GTR used to give me, maybe this is more realistic in the handling I dont know :)

The forum consensus seems to be that they nerfed the game so that anyone can pick up and play now. Quite a lot of unhappy bunnies.

The handling is definetly softer but then that may enable better online races.
When you lose it you can get it back and going off track is not a race over event.
Personally i want the game to be more playable for more people with more folk actually finishing races. It's having it with other cars that gives me my buzz whether i am at the back or front.
Ok so the cars are easier to drive but the elite will still set the best times and will be up the front of the grid. I think it will give others a chance to bash doors and race in close order. All good from my point of view.
The more poeple we get online the better. Full races with a spread field racing till the end of the race, i can't wait. :cool:

^^ I have to agree it didn't have that OMGWTF blah blah blah that GTR had when you first played it.
Someone mentioned earlier that they didn't crap themselves into every bend. I agree within about 2 laps i was proper comfortable and didn't crap myself once. I am now thinking the nurfing could be bad. :confused:

I enjoyed it; I think it's the game the GTR always wanted to be. I think the low-speed physics have been improved and it's just more enjoyable to race with.

Positive for me so far - i'll probably be buying it.

gord said:
The forum consensus seems to be that they nerfed the game so that anyone can pick up and play now. Quite a lot of unhappy bunnies.
lol shock horror. Pretty much what every community says about the sequel to a popular game.

gord said:
True, but i dont think you can deny that they are right even if their perspective of it is harsh.
Well i played gtr to death and i'm dl'ing the gtr 2 demo now so i will find out in a while. Will just add that it is possible once you feel confident to throw the cars round corners in gtr, perhaps this is a case of some people wanting to believe the game has been dumbed down and discovering this and people who read this on forums then approaching the game in that manner. But i will see lol.

Last edited:
Tried it and played gtr again for comparison and handling seems ever so slightly more forgiving in that it is harder to spin out but that's about it tbh.
Btw previous poster your comp will be fine.

Pigeon_Killer said:
I'm new to these type of games. Does everyone play with all the car aids turned off? I'm trying to play it with a gamepad and I'm not having much luck :(

Yeah, but GTR2 feels as though TC and ABS are on. People at RSC are saying there is too much grip, which would explain why it feels like that.

Back
Top Bottom