GTR 2 Demo friday.

Trifid said:
Yeah, but GTR2 feels as though TC and ABS are on. People at RSC are saying there is too much grip, which would explain why it feels like that.

Henrik Roos and other FIA GT regulars who tested GTR have said that the cars felt much more realistic when TC and ABS was set to "low" in-game.

In real-life, these cars do have a lot of grip and handle well, and to be honest in the demo they've given us one of the best cars to grace the GT championship in recent years. Just wait until we get to drive a 993 or a Morgan.

elkdanger said:
Henrik Roos and other FIA GT regulars who tested GTR have said that the cars felt much more realistic when TC and ABS was set to "low" in-game.

In real-life, these cars do have a lot of grip and handle well, and to be honest in the demo they've given us one of the best cars to grace the GT championship in recent years. Just wait until we get to drive a 993 or a Morgan.

Glad to see someone with some informed and positive comments.

no ok previous objections withdrawn, my computer seems to have got its act together and now plays at about 40-72 fps on full everything settings at 1280*1024 with 2x AA, love it! only drawback now is this is just the demo... hmm, hope the CTDP F1 mod for rfactor comes out soon! :cool:

What a load of cack.

Massive step backwards as far as I'm concerned. Definitely won't be wasting cash on this.

Shame to see what was a realistic simulation (sure, it had some issues but the realism and feel beat off the negatives ) get dumbed down for the masses.

Where's the sense of speed gone? The 'edge of your seat' feel that the car is skittering and losing grip as you brake hard at the end of a straight? What the hell is going on with the visuals on this game is also beyond comprehension.

I might as well be playing it on a console ( ohhhh wait a minute..... ).

some of my shots, the demo is alright for a drive about. nothing special imo

sorry about the insane size on some of these shots, no idea why they are so big :o
they were all taken at the highest settings, everything full 4xAA 16xAF and supersampling :cool:

You have to put decent FFB settings on, as default (even on full) is lifeless. I copied the one I made from GTR over - as said.

Anyway. ABS and traction control are on, even if you set it to simulation. Go into GTR2, set at novice or semi pro, and put TC and ABS on. Now exit the game.

Load up your PLR file in GTR2Demo\UserData\*name*

find Driving AIDS and replace it with this:

Code:
[ DRIVING AIDS ]
Steering Help="0"
Steering Help Functionality="0" // 0 = new help, 1 = new help + grip, 2 = original, 3 = original + grip
Throttle Control="0"
Brake Help="0"
Antilock Brakes="0"
Spin Recovery="0"
Invulnerability="0"
Autopit="0"
Opposite Lock="1"
Stability Control="0"

(Taken from RSC and put into my own words and easier to understand.)

i have both gtr and gtl and i can safely say that gtr2 is completely different to the two. In gtr im always spinning even with full tc. In gtr2 i dont need tc its that easy. Hopefully this will be sorted out in the finished thing. The graphics are very good in gtr2, im running maxed 1600,1200 with full aa and v sync. Im getting 61 frames around the track. Lowest i had was 15 at 1 am with 100 % rain and 14 cars. Very impressed.

I take it you haev adjusted the FFB in the .plr file for instance?? That makes a massive difference to the FFB of the game. I think its very good. Been playing the original GTR and GTL and play rFactor a lot as well and this feels to me very nice.

Steve

Andy Pandy said:
i have both gtr and gtl and i can safely say that gtr2 is completely different to the two. In gtr im always spinning even with full tc. In gtr2 i dont need tc its that easy. Hopefully this will be sorted out in the finished thing.

Hang on a second - you want the developers to 'sort it' because you're more comfortable with spinning all the time than you are having a competative race with a fields of drivers?

Who's to say that the physics and car control were entirely accurate in the first game anyway?

Andy, do what I said above with the PLR file. Then do z few laps, you will start to get your spins when you go beyond the limit, they are now controlable due to the new 'more accurate' tyre model.

the highest i can get to is 32 and its red. I cant understand why its red in gtr2 because its white in gtl. The sound is fine though. I will try that plr tweak because it feels far too arcadey, but i still love the game.

elkdanger said:
Who's to say that the physics and car control were entirely accurate in the first game anyway?

All the real drivers they roped in to showcase it at every race event maybe :D

Anyway its clearly too easy, there is people already lapping 10 seconds quicker than in real life :confused:

Back
Top Bottom