***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Caporegime
Any exercises or stretching techniques to drastically improve arm/wrist flexibility for power cleans? My wrists end up around 6 inches higher than they need to be regardless of how wide I grip the bar or how high I get my elbows.

Man of Honour
Any exercises or stretching techniques to drastically improve arm/wrist flexibility for power cleans? My wrists end up around 6 inches higher than they need to be regardless of how wide I grip the bar or how high I get my elbows.

Internal/external rotation; Delvis' suggestion of lat stretching (tied in with external shoulder rotation).

Not sure how the "wrist 6 inches higher" thing works irrespective of elbow positioning?

Caporegime
My wrists just seem to hover around the same height regardless of whether my elbows are pointed forward or out. My hands also slant inwards so I have to try and rotate them outwards which is a ******* on the wrists :o

Soldato

First time trying Deadlifting. Really need your help on this. Doesn't feel right at all. I feel like im too tall and im arching my back at the end to lay the weights down. I know its only 10kg weights so it will be lower to the floor, but still.

Im ashamed of my form. Help :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My wrists just seem to hover around the same height regardless of whether my elbows are pointed forward or out. My hands also slant inwards so I have to try and rotate them outwards which is a ******* on the wrists :o

What are you doing with the bar (i.e. where is it)?

Wrists shouldn't really hurt unless you can't get your elbows high enough.

Can you get your humerus parallel to the floor in the front rack position?

Caporegime
What are you doing with the bar (i.e. where is it)?
Ends up around nose height. If you watch anyone press directly from a rack it's about the same height as when they unrack the bar.

Wrists shouldn't really hurt unless you can't get your elbows high enough.
Elbow height isn't a problem although the higher they go the further past my head my hands end up.

Can you get your humerus parallel to the floor in the front rack position?
Yep, no problem :)

I'll ask someone to get a video of me tonight with lightish weight to give you an example of what's happening.

Man of Honour
Are you holding the bar in your hands or is it sitting on your delts?

If the latter, can you get your fingers under the bar (not holding, but 'supporting' as such)?

EDIT: If it's the former... WTH?!?!?! :eek: :D

Caporegime
Hands. Can't get anywhere near my delts unless I let the bar roll out of them. To get my fingers under the bar would require my hands to be completely bent back in relation to my forearms which I can't do... unless someone else forced them down :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, have your hands slightly wider on the bar which will be facilitated by having access to more external rotation.

Actually gripping the bar in your hands will exacerbate your issue. Use your fingers to push the bar onto your delts.

Man of Honour
Yes please :)

Here we go...

Excuse the blurs...

ekhpas.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

First time trying Deadlifting. Really need your help on this. Doesn't feel right at all. I feel like im too tall and im arching my back at the end to lay the weights down. I know its only 10kg weights so it will be lower to the floor, but still.

Im ashamed of my form. Help :p
Post up a video with full sized plates ;) It's kind of hard to give feedback on what is effectively you squatting down too far and standing up with next to no resistance.

Have you watched the videos in the OP?

Back
Top Bottom