***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Hi all

Took your advice regarding dead lifts and I've got the bar resting on some 5kg plates (not ideal, I'll get some wood to make 2inch platforms).

How does the form look now?

Dead lift

Training log here - Log

I think my form actually got better as I increased the weight but I didn't record those, the video above is from the 60kg lift.
These look good now.

You need a bit more tightness and your coordination is a bit lacking, but those will come with time. However, you do need to keep your head neutral.
6ft6 mate. Should I change to 1 under, 1 over?

Definitely sucks being tall, anything who says different is deluded lol.

Still going light but proper sized plates. I don't mind bending but I don't want my back to be arching. I feel too long doing these and Military presses.

Although Squats is abit of a journey getting down but I don't seem to have much problem with that.

Head neutral!

Spend some time before your reps getting your back straight, setting your core tight and getting tension on the bar. It should not look like you are yanking at it.

Whats the deal with deadlifting non olympic weights? with them being lower

This aimed at me? If so these are the biggest sized weights total fitness has. Even the 20/25s are the same size.

They're all he has and/or presumably he didn't want to use the heavier weights? :p

;)

Head neutral!

Spend some time before your reps getting your back straight, setting your core tight and getting tension on the bar. It should not look like you are yanking at it.

Yeah I was checking to make sure the backs straight lol.

Will keep at it. Anyone want me to donate a few inches ?

So ill be doing the deadlifts again tonight. Going at 60kg. Any last tips to get me lower to the floor with them being a shorter sized weight? Worried im arching my back too much. Will film again tonight too. Really want to nail this.

Did this before but im sure I was told this wasn't a proper deadlift. The guy pulling my leg at the gym? Told me to stick to sumo but you guys says that's a terrible idea, which I kind of agree.

****** me off that a gym I pay £40 a month for doesn't have proper sized Olympic weights though. I have been trying to find the weights they use at my gym (I think they are called Eurospar?) But all I can find is these (apart from 10kg are black and there is a red weight which is 25kg):

Please fully star out all swearing in future. Thank you.

u1GRzyF.jpg

Without taking a tape measure into the gym Im guessing the blue 20kg are Olympic size? Cant find diameter measurements anywhere.

Yes they do mate. So im guessing ill be starting at 70kg tonight then. :eek:

Thanks dude.

As above, the 25kg plates (like our gym) will be the correct size.

However! If you want to start at 60kg, start at 60kg, then put a 5kg or 10kg plate underneath the bar to raise it a touch, after a couple of sessions you'll be doing the 70kg bar anyway (2x25kgs) :)

Try it at 70kg though and get a video, you'll surprise yourself probably :)

New squat video to be .... kindly torn apart.

Definitly feels like my knees are wider, though the angle of the camera is perhaps not ideal.

The movement is harder to achieve, I feel it through the tops of my thighs a lot more and in my glutes. Still only pushing light weight at the moment, until I am more comfortable with the movement. This was set 4 @ 65kg

From what I remember, that's a massive improvement.

Your glutes look a little weak, so it's not surprising that you're feeling it there.

If you can learn to generate more stiffness and stability they will continue to look good as you ramp up the weights.

Back
Top Bottom