***Halo 5***

Soldato
Oh man, i've watched some footage from Digital Foundry's channel and graphically i'm not that impressed. Last Halo game I played was 3 on the XBox 360 and this barley looks better than that though it is 60FPS (for most of the time).

Well the jump from 3 to 4 was totally noticeable so you must be due an eye test! :p

Soldato
Just watched Digital Foundries video on Halo 5 and how it maintains 60FPS, I honestly thought I was looking at a last gen game in parts :confused:

Didn't realize how far behind consoles really are :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yea, DF, the anal of boring kinds of reviews looking for things no one sees in any game as they are actually playing it.
Best thing that could happen is for that site to go away for all gaming sakes.
They constantly are picking on things even PS4s AF draw distance, something you would never see in game.

Soldato
I thought it looked stunning tbh, the amount of action on screen is what sets it apart. The battle's are pretty big and there are a lot of effects and things going on at once, the character models are also pretty amazing upclose. In game quality is like that of cut scenes last gen, that counts as pretty amazing to me.

Soldato
Yea, DF, the anal of boring kinds of reviews looking for things no one sees in any game as they are actually playing it.
Best thing that could happen is for that site to go away for all gaming sakes.
They constantly are picking on things even PS4s AF draw distance, something you would never see in game.

Even without the shadows and texture pop ins which without them pointing it out is very noticeable for me, The game generally looks pretty meh to me, Guess I've been spoiled by PC gaming :p

Soldato
You do notice the texture pop in and changing textures when you get close. It's pretty bad at some points. It still looks good though but not massively better than 4 on 360....

Tbh I would have been happy for the single player to be 30fps and have more detail and longer draw distances.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think they have sacrificed the highest visuals possible to maintain a 60fps (mostly). if i was to have one or the other i would pick 60 frames personally. its doesn't look bad but not the best graphics we have seen on these consoles. playing halo collection and 2 looks fantastic and halo 4 multiplayer looks sharp and runs smooth so as long as its on par with those it wont bother me! gameplay is said to be best in the series

Soldato
I'd always prefer 60fps. tbh if a game is great then visuals don't matter - as long as they look good enough. The Witcher 3 for example - I would have much preferred that at 60fps. Choppy gameplay looks awful fullstop!

Soldato
The multiplayer at 60fps but using a locked 30fps for single campaign to give more visual wow factor would have been nice. It's not a bad looking game by any means but it's not that pretty either tbh.

Maybe next gen....

Associate
The multiplayer at 60fps but using a locked 30fps for single campaign to give more visual wow factor would have been nice. It's not a bad looking game by any means but it's not that pretty either tbh.

Maybe next gen....

i disagree, halo 4 was 30fps, now its 60fps on xbox one its miles better now.

I'd always prefer 60fps. tbh if a game is great then visuals don't matter - as long as they look good enough. The Witcher 3 for example - I would have much preferred that at 60fps. Choppy gameplay looks awful fullstop!

agree

i also wish destiny was 60fps, gameplay very very choppy when you switch from a 60fps to 30fps game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if i will noticed the dynamic resolution as im playing on my pc monitor which is native 1440p, so the lower resolutions may appear worse than they may on a 1080 screen, is that right? Not sure. Not played anything with dynamic res before

Soldato
I hope they patch it so you can disable the HUD but I doubt it. I wonder if the HUD is so big around the edges to aid performance as the extra full screen rendering would effect fps.

From the videos, I cant say Im wowed by the visuals but it does look good. Hopefully the devs patch some of the graphics niggles, especially that texture pop in.

Associate
Not loving it so far, hopefully it will grow on me.

Guns seem to run out of ammo insanely fast and have to pick up whatever is lying around while enemies one shot me and shoot instantly I show my face with ninja accuracy from every angle. :eek:

Too used to wasting everything in sight at my leisure in Destiny patrol, lol.

Soldato
OP
I hope they patch it so you can disable the HUD but I doubt it. I wonder if the HUD is so big around the edges to aid performance as the extra full screen rendering would effect fps.

From the videos, I cant say Im wowed by the visuals but it does look good. Hopefully the devs patch some of the graphics niggles, especially that texture pop in.

That thrown out the window as when playing in vehicles the Hud is removed, for the external camera view.

It was said on another forum it was absolutely a immersion feature, as when you play with the online co-op everyone has a different looking HUD for that character.

Back
Top Bottom