Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Getting into karting to provide a better future is like auditioning fort X Factor. For every star, there are thousands of people rejected. A complete waste of time.

He could use his reputation and influence to get young black kids interested in engineering, sciences and other subjects - so kids aspire to be more. But no, that's not particularly woke. It's easier to blame others and ponce around with a slogan T shirt.

Oh, you mean like this?
“Despite my success in the sport, the institutional barriers that have kept F1 highly exclusive persist. It is not enough to point to me, or to a single new black hire, as a meaningful example of progress. Thousands of people are employed across this industry and that group needs to be more representative of society.”

It’s for this reason that Hamilton said he wanted to start The Hamilton Commission, in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering.

The research partnership will be dedicated “to exploring how motorsport can be used as a vehicle to engage more young people from black backgrounds with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and, ultimately, employ them on our teams or in other engineering sectors,” said Hamilton.

“The time for platitudes and token gestures is over," he concluded. "I hope that The Hamilton Commission enables real, tangible and measurable change. When I look back in 20 years, I want to see the sport that gave a shy, working-class black kid from Stevenage so much opportunity, become as diverse as the complex and multicultural world we live in.”

I guess it really is easier to just walk around blaming others without actually reading into what changes they're trying to do.

Soldato
Happy to eat my words on that one. Shame it's not been more at the forefront of the discussion - rather than who kneels and what T shirts they're wearing.

That's fair enough, people don't often admit they have it wrong but usually double down:p But it has been right there for people who want to see it. Sadly it probably doesn't gain as many clicks for media outlets.

Just read an interesting article on Hamilton and the last few weeks this morning, actually.

MEDLAND: It shouldn't be Hamilton's job to lead F1 on equality

Caporegime
I also think he's a bit of a hypocrite. Like everyone.
Everyone could give more to charity, everyone could give reduce their carbon footprint.

But yeah it's very hypocritical the environmental standpoint he has.

I think people hate him because a combination of:
He's extremely successful
He's hypocritical and outspoken on issues
He's black - unfortunately this is a factor.

I don't hate him at all, I find the hypocrisy over the environment annoying though

Caporegime
Just read an interesting article on Hamilton and the last few weeks this morning, actually.

MEDLAND: It shouldn't be Hamilton's job to lead F1 on equality

It isn't anybodies job, under capitalism race is not a barrier. The claims of "systemic racism" fall flat by the fact that Hamilton is where he is and if you look at sports like football, NFL, NBA and athletics (and probably lots of others) large proportions of athletes are black, a highly unequal proportion in fact as in many sports they are disproportionately over-represented despite being a minority population. If there was a systemic racism black people would be prevented from competing and earning millions altogether even if they are more talented, under capitalism businesses aim for the best talent regardless of race and other factors.

"Equality" and "anti-racism" are just tools for more top down control by those who think government should be all encompassing and they're using useful idiots like Lewis Hamilton to get it. He's a magnificent driver but that's where my respect for him ends.

Last edited:
Soldato
It isn't anybodies job, under capitalism race is not a barrier. The claims of "systemic racism" fall flat by the fact that Hamilton is where he is and if you look at sports like football, NFL, NBA and athletics (and probably lots of others) large proportions of athletes are black, a highly unequal proportion in fact as in many sports they are disproportionately over-represented despite being a minority population. If there was a systemic racism black people would be prevented from competing and earning millions altogether even if they are more talented, under capitalism businesses aim for the best talent regardless of race and other factors.

"Equality" and "anti-racism" are just tools for more top down control by those who think government should be all encompassing and they're using useful idiots like Lewis Hamilton to get it. He's a magnificent driver but that's where my respect for him ends.

That's your own views and that's fine. I'm not trying to change anyone's views.

But F1 can certainly benefit from having more diversity both sex and race. So it's good the FIA and Hamilton are looking how to improve that.

Soldato
Caporegime
As a person, he seems to be a bit of a douche. As a driver he's outstanding. Certainly the best in F1 driver in the world right now, strong contender for one of the best ever.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing the “End Racism” and “WeRaceAsOne” banners flying over Sochi and Vas Marina. Hamilton’s BLM t-shirt and black power salute will be warmly welcomed there, I’m sure.

Soldato
0-F5-E9178-874-B-4-DB0-ABC3-2-D810-F953870.png

Hamilton now sharing ridiculous conspiracy theories. I've been a Hamilton fan since he joined F1 but he seems to be really trying to make me dislike him recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom