***Han Solo movie***

Associate
I can't imagine the focus group comments in testing previews looked anything like this thread...whilst we have a wide range the consensus appears somewhat negative.

Associate
Hes just not that interesting a character. In fact hes a bit of a nob in the original trilogy.
I thought everyone loved Han (lovable rogue, rapscallion etc...)? Surely a background as a smuggler and a gambler, plus the Chewbacca connection (given the films are exactly littered with Wookies) is ripe for storytelling?

Soldato
All this moaning won't stop you guys from booking tickets at 00:01 on the day of release and then moaning even more incessantly on the forums for months to come. :p

J.T

J.T

Soldato
They kind of did Obi-Wan on the prequels though.

Yea but they could do a "What did he get up to in the years he was watching over Luke" as I am sure he must have done some under cover stuff or maybe Pre-Episode 1 or even better still some of the things he did during the Clone wars between Episode 2 and 3...

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Casting someone because they look similar doesn't mean you are going to get a performance that feels like the same character.

That guy already played young Harrison Ford previously (Age Of Adeline, I think), his "internet demo" replaying some of the OT scenes is quite famous by now as well, definitely missed opportunity, considering Ehrenreich on set is apparently even worse than any of us would imagine from his previous appearances. They tried to make him look closer to Ford, but I think he actually looks more like he's wearing halloween costume of Han Solo with really bad hair piece. And that's your, you know - titular character, and he's nobody, apparently terrible actor and not even similar looking to original dude, so what was the point?

Commissario
That guy already played young Harrison Ford previously (Age Of Adeline, I think), his "internet demo" replaying some of the OT scenes is quite famous by now as well, definitely missed opportunity, considering Ehrenreich on set is apparently even worse than any of us would imagine from his previous appearances. They tried to make him look closer to Ford, but I think he actually looks more like he's wearing halloween costume of Han Solo with really bad hair piece. And that's your, you know - titular character, and he's nobody, apparently terrible actor and not even similar looking to original dude, so what was the point?

I have to agree.

Man of Honour
Mannerisms are close but it feels a bit forced - keeping that up for an entire movie and wearing it naturally like a skin could be another matter entirely.

That said would still have to be better than the current choice.

Back
Top Bottom