Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Associate
As no one has got their hands on the new Hazro's, how the hell can anyone make ridiculous comments like they're wrecked.

Judge them when they come (and fairly, like any monitor should be). I swear half the confusion about bad models is pure gossip and nonsense like this.

Associate
i hope they are wrong as i was looking at these, but if they are using some of the same components as the DELL and they lag badly what are people supposed to think?

Associate
As no one has got their hands on the new Hazro's, how the hell can anyone make ridiculous comments like they're wrecked.

Judge them when they come (and fairly, like any monitor should be). I swear half the confusion about bad models is pure gossip and nonsense like this.

Ok, so the Hazro may well now use the same scaler as the renowned input laggy Dell....I think that "May" be a bad sign. That is the logic.
I agree it will be proved by reviews of actual products, but for now it doesn't look good.

Soldato
Wait and see approach those dell chips are only for the scaling of HD content though? surely that wont make it lagg worser...

+ if its the latest chip aint that usualy better...

Either way looks like 2008 is all about either Hazro or Dell Revisions ;)

Associate
Ok, my contact phoned today and there's good news and a little bad news.

The good news is that they now have the updated monitors in their warranty centre, they come with an updated panel from LG.Philips. My contact said WU3 instead of the older WU2, but the only WU3 I can see is a TN - so I'm sure it's either a new part I cannot find any info on, or my contact has it wrong!

Anyway, the bad news is that those of us who decided the Silver model was sexier have to wait until the 12th of August and, if the new model is decent, will have to put up with people with black models crowing about how good they are!

Edit: I suspect my contact got it wrong and we're getting the new LM240WU4 which is a 102% saturation IPS panel with 5ms G2G response time.

Did your contact say anything about whether the people who have already purchased them will be getting a replacement with the new model or just an updated AD Board controller board fitted to their existing monitor.
I`m not sure I want a wide Gamut display.

Soldato
Did your contact say anything about whether the people who have already purchased them will be getting a replacement with the new model or just an updated AD Board controller board fitted to their existing monitor.
I`m not sure I want a wide Gamut display.

Replacement with new model (organising a warranty AD board replacement would be a bit difficult for such a small company). The 24" is staying at standard gamut though, I got my wires crossed with the panel model.

Associate
Replacement with new model (organising a warranty AD board replacement would be a bit difficult for such a small company). The 24" is staying at standard gamut though, I got my wires crossed with the panel model.

If the gamut is not changing, then i`d assume the panel isnt either or do you know which panel is going to be used ?

Man of Honour
oh dear....how to completely wreck a good product...the 26" er was on my short list too :mad:

bit of a rash assumption! Hazro actually told me that input lag had been reduced when i spoke to them, so we will wait and see. I'll be reviewing the HZ26Wi soon :)

Soldato
I think a lot of the lag problems Dell are seeing, especially on the 2408 is because of the overdrive in the sammy S-PVA panel. The 24" Samsung 245T also has horrendous input lag.

The reason the 3008 has high input lag is merely the sheer computational power required to scale things on a screen with that many pixels - remember it wasn't long ago that you only had very, very rudimentary controls on a 30" monitor and pretty much a choice of input resolutions that were powers of 2 of the native res.

Associate
I'm still having the same ongoing problem with Hazro, i've dealt with OcUK this time and the monitor has gone through them, which was then passed onto Hazro - be interesting to see what happens!!

I'm not holding my breathe....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom