Hazro - Any Update?

Soldato
"Hazro currently do not supply directly to end users but are working with resellers in Western Europe with the intention of establishing a sales platform by Autumn 2008."

Associate
Lame! either way though i won't be able to post test results until I get home which will be 10pm now as I just got an email reminding the team it's bowling night! lol

Ah well! No hurry as I have to wait till ocuk get the screens anyway :(

Man of Honour

well there's a fair few images there showing the input lag difference between the A00 and A01. Online stopwatches (which is what i think he has used) aren't ideal, but it will do for comparative purposes.

If you look at all the readings, there is a difference where the A01 is faster by the following:

15, 16, 0, 5, 15,15,0,15,5,27,27,13,28,28,27,27,27,27,28,24,28,28,27 (there's a couple which are unreadable)

so the A01 is between 0 and 28ms FASTER than the A00 in those tests, with an average of 19.65ms faster. Given the input lag of the A00 was around 64.1ms on average (from my tests), that means the A01 is more like 44.45ms on average behind a CRT. That's a fairly reasonable improvement considering the electronics and scaling chips have probably not been changed much / at all.

Agree that that amount of input lag is still pretty high for a gamer, and there are better out there.

Man of Honour
Well it came just after 3pm and I've been having a play!

The revision I have been sent is the HZ24Wi which has:

HDMI
Composite Video in
RCA Audio in
3.5mm Audio in/out (OSD has volume control for output)
DVI
Component
VGA

The spec sheet states it has 5ms response time.

Now the fun info!

The panel itself is different to the previous HZ24W, the previous panel was matt finish whilst this one is glossy exactly like the NEC 20" GX IPS panel but the clarity and vibrancy of photographs is absolutely sublime! The Wi has the same polariser as on the 26" screen.

The OSD is different too and the OSD reports this is version 1.0 of the HZ24Wi.

The previous screen had a slight black trail when moving the mouse cursor on a white background. This is completely gone on the Wi. On top of this there is zero visible input lag that i could determine (my work PC has a wired MS optical mouse of POS variety ;p). The quality looks amazing fro my work PC, I can only imagine what it will be like on my PC at home tonight.

The Screen build quality is the same as the previous model, the connections on the back look as badass as the did before but now with more connections.

THE HAZRO BADGE ON THE FRONT IS NOW STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFG11leventy!

The only minor gripe is that the OSD position option allows for up down left right movement of the OSD but I have failed to find the left right keys (they don't exist??!) and also the Aspect ratio cannot be changed by simply pressing one button anymore, you have to go into the menu to adjust aspect ratio though this is only minor because you'd only really need to set it once for your HDMI source for 1920x1080 resolution whilst your computer runs native anyway so no need for scaling.

Input switching though is one button on the front of the screen which is good. you get an OSD menu allowing you to select the input this time instead of the button just cycling inputs.

I'm actually very glad I waited for this revision and stuck with it. Hazro support has been first class, they always called me back (though on occasions I did have to send them a web note just to find out about updates though they called me back to update each time).

Pics later tonight :)

Soldato
ooooo sounds luuurvley Cant wait for the pictures. May seriously have to save up a little more and buy this instead of the dell.

Any word on when OCUK are getting these in stock then?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well it came just after 3pm and I've been having a play!

The revision I have been sent is the HZ24Wi which has:

HDMI
Composite Video in
RCA Audio in
3.5mm Audio in/out (OSD has volume control for output)
DVI
Component
VGA

The spec sheet states it has 5ms response time.

Now the fun info!

The panel itself is different to the previous HZ24W, the previous panel was matt finish whilst this one is glossy exactly like the NEC 20" GX IPS panel but the clarity and vibrancy of photographs is absolutely sublime! The Wi has the same polariser as on the 26" screen.

The OSD is different too and the OSD reports this is version 1.0 of the HZ24Wi.

The previous screen had a slight black trail when moving the mouse cursor on a white background. This is completely gone on the Wi. On top of this there is zero visible input lag that i could determine (my work PC has a wired MS optical mouse of POS variety ;p). The quality looks amazing fro my work PC, I can only imagine what it will be like on my PC at home tonight.

The Screen build quality is the same as the previous model, the connections on the back look as badass as the did before but now with more connections.

THE HAZRO BADGE ON THE FRONT IS NOW STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFG11leventy!

The only minor gripe is that the OSD position option allows for up down left right movement of the OSD but I have failed to find the left right keys (they don't exist??!) and also the Aspect ratio cannot be changed by simply pressing one button anymore, you have to go into the menu to adjust aspect ratio though this is only minor because you'd only really need to set it once for your HDMI source for 1920x1080 resolution whilst your computer runs native anyway so no need for scaling.

Input switching though is one button on the front of the screen which is good. you get an OSD menu allowing you to select the input this time instead of the button just cycling inputs.

I'm actually very glad I waited for this revision and stuck with it. Hazro support has been first class, they always called me back (though on occasions I did have to send them a web note just to find out about updates though they called me back to update each time).

Pics later tonight :)

Ohhh sounds awesome... what panel is it if it's 5ms? Also does it do 1:1 scaling?

Last edited:
Associate
well there's a fair few images there showing the input lag difference between the A00 and A01. Online stopwatches (which is what i think he has used) aren't ideal, but it will do for comparative purposes.

If you look at all the readings, there is a difference where the A01 is faster by the following:

so the A01 is between 0 and 28ms FASTER than the A00 in those tests, with an average of 19.65ms faster. Given the input lag of the A00 was around 64.1ms on average (from my tests), that means the A01 is more like 44.45ms on average behind a CRT. That's a fairly reasonable improvement considering the electronics and scaling chips have probably not been changed much / at all.

Agree that that amount of input lag is still pretty high for a gamer, and there are better out there.

Excellent, however, the cherry on the cake would be a list of 24" - 26" NON TN screenes that would be great for gamers...I have started this conversation here:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12193568#post12193568

But It could do with your your input Baddass ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom