Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
Has anyone had any information about when they're getting more HZ27WCs in? I sent mine away a couple of weeks ago (the glass panel started coming off -.-') and I emailed them a few days ago to ask for an update - they said it was being replaced and they're just waiting for more stock. Do you think it's worth it to email again and ask when they'll be arriving? Also, does anyone know on whether I would be getting a non-glass panel replacement, since those aren't being sold anymore? I assumed I would be getting the non-glass one but they haven't said anything about it, so I don't know.

Associate
I bought an HZ27WC two weeks ago and I haven't had a single problem with it. One of the main reasons for that is the fact that I have not received it yet because OcUK are still awaiting stock :(
I haven't asked for my money back because I still want the monitor, although I was a little surprised when they took my money without being able to fulfill the order.
I have contacted them twice to ask about a delivery date via the Customer Service section of the forum and the last suggestion I received (this morning) was to watch the product page. The ETA will change as soon as they have a delivery date. Right now, they have no idea whatsoever.
(FYI: I have noticed that a competitor's product page for the HZ27WC is showing it as overdue since March 16th. Pre order only.)

Last edited:
Associate
Cancel and go for the Yamakasi CATLEAP Q270 that's being discussed in the other thread here.

OK it comes from Korea, but even then you'd probably get better returns support than Hazro. And you'd be paying less, even after duties, etc.

I have the Hazro 27" WD, paid £450 for it but I know if something happens I'm going to be in big trouble actually getting Hazro to do anything about it.

Associate
Cancel and go for the Yamakasi CATLEAP Q270 that's being discussed in the other thread
I have the Hazro 27" WD, paid £450 for it but I know if something happens I'm going to be in big trouble actually getting Hazro to do anything about it.

Yes. I've been monitoring (excuse the pun) the Catleap thread over the last few days. I would prefer to take a chance on a Hazro. At least if there's a problem with it when I first switch it on then I only need to return it to OcUK instead of Korea. If it fails some time after that, well I guess I will just have to take my chances and hope Hazro's customer service improves. I've always got my trusty Hanns G HZ281HPB as a backup :)

Associate
Yes. I've been monitoring (excuse the pun) the Catleap thread over the last few days. I would prefer to take a chance on a Hazro. At least if there's a problem with it when I first switch it on then I only need to return it to OcUK instead of Korea. If it fails some time after that, well I guess I will just have to take my chances and hope Hazro's customer service improves. I've always got my trusty Hanns G HZ281HPB as a backup :)

doesn't hazro have a office in UK?

Associate
I thought they did but I haven't checked to be honest.
Anyway the HZ27WC is now in stock at OcUK today and they're shipping it to me for delivery on Saturday. So fingers crossed that I end up with a good one :)

Associate
My Hazro HZ30Wie arrived today and I have to say that I'm very impressed. No dead pixels, a very stable and attractive stand (in comparison to the HZ27WC), an anti-glare coating that is perfectly acceptable (much better than the Dell U2410) and excellent gaming performance. It was incredible playing Skyrim at 2560x1600 with maxed out settings and silky smooth framerates.

I'm very happy with my choice so far, though I've only had it a few hours. It was definitely worth the extra money over the HZ27WC.

Nice to read a small review like this when I'm looking around for a 30" monitor that can replace my benq xl2410t.
Have you tried any "faster" games like bf3?

Too bad that I can't get one here in sweden and therefore can't go to a store and look at it.

I think it stands between the hazro and dell u3011, where the dell is slower but has more adjustments for color etc.
Are the colors good out of the box, or do you need to adjust them from the graphic card tab? Or is there another program for adjusting the colors?

In the end I would really like to have 3x30" monitors on a stand that I'm planning to build :).

Associate
Nice to read a small review like this when I'm looking around for a 30" monitor that can replace my benq xl2410t.
Have you tried any "faster" games like bf3?
I haven't got BF3 but I've played Team Fortress 2, Bulletstorm, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Super Street Fighter IV, Far Cry 2 and F1 2011, all of which perform excellently. No noticeable blur or lag and the response time is improved from the U2410, which I was also happy gaming on.

The colours out of the box are excellent, at least by my standards. Certainly better than the Dell U2410 I had before. I can notice colours that I couldn't previously, which I didn't expect. I don't do any graphical work professionally or anything, though I do the odd bit of website design and image design - it's fine for my usage.

As for 3x30" monitors... that really is an impressive aim! :eek: I can certainly see the benefit if you're doing a lot of graphic / website design, though I'm fine with just the two screens (30" for gaming/desktop, a 42" LED HDTV for media viewing).

Associate
I haven't got BF3 but I've played Team Fortress 2, Bulletstorm, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Super Street Fighter IV, Far Cry 2 and F1 2011, all of which perform excellently. No noticeable blur or lag and the response time is improved from the U2410, which I was also happy gaming on.

The colours out of the box are excellent, at least by my standards. Certainly better than the Dell U2410 I had before. I can notice colours that I couldn't previously, which I didn't expect. I don't do any graphical work professionally or anything, though I do the odd bit of website design and image design - it's fine for my usage.

As for 3x30" monitors... that really is an impressive aim! :eek: I can certainly see the benefit if you're doing a lot of graphic / website design, though I'm fine with just the two screens (30" for gaming/desktop, a 42" LED HDTV for media viewing).

Sounds really nice!
Hopefully some company wants to take home the hazro so I can take a look at it in person. Or I will just have to order it and hope that I'll like it :).

Then we will see if the 3x30" will ever happen, I don't need it since I'm only play games and surf the web and watch movies sometimes. But just for the fun of it I would like to have it :o.
That means I have to get other gpu's, but that's another story :).

Associate
Then we will see if the 3x30" will ever happen, I don't need it since I'm only play games and surf the web and watch movies sometimes. But just for the fun of it I would like to have it :o.
That means I have to get other gpu's, but that's another story :).
Hehe. I know what the upgrade itch is like... sometimes you can't really explain it, you just really want to have it. :D

I just hope you're not expecting to game on all three, as even a couple of top-end GPUs will struggle with 7680x1600. That's 12.2 millions pixels! A 1080p display only has 2 million - that's 83% less pixels.

Associate
Hehe. I know what the upgrade itch is like... sometimes you can't really explain it, you just really want to have it. :D

I just hope you're not expecting to game on all three, as even a couple of top-end GPUs will struggle with 7680x1600. That's 12.2 millions pixels! A 1080p display only has 2 million - that's 83% less pixels.

But... But... I really want to!! :(
Waiting for the 680 4Gb with watercooling and then hopefully it will work.
Maybe use my 580 3Gb for physX. Or sell it and buy like three 680 :D.

Associate
But... But... I really want to!! :(
Waiting for the 680 4Gb with watercooling and then hopefully it will work.
Maybe use my 580 3Gb for physX. Or sell it and buy like three 680 :D.
Yeah, I think you'll need at least 3x 680s... just one is pushing it for 2560x1600, let alone 3x that.

Associate
Well my Hazro HZ27WC (non-glass) arrived this morning. Having read all of the negative comments about build quality, dead pixels etc. I kept my old Hanns G close by, ready to reconnect it. Thankfully it wasn't needed and the Hazro is now in its place.

First impressions.

- The picture is superb compared to the TN screen on the Hanns G (which I actually thought was pretty good until I switched on the Hazro).

- The panel is more glossy than I expected. Very glossy in comparison to my Hanns G.

- There is a small about of backlight bleed: Two small blobs at the top of the screen, but only noticeable on a black background.

- There is a slight buzzing when I display the Overclockers web page. Possibly because of the white background. Other "darker" pages (like this forum) make no noise at all.

Now I need to try a few games.
So far though, I would say that I am very happy with it.

Associate
Yeah, I think you'll need at least 3x 680s... just one is pushing it for 2560x1600, let alone 3x that.

Just to check.
Do you know if it's possible to have 5 gpu's? If I ever get hold of 4 680's sli, can I still keep my 580 and use it for physx, or is the limit 4 gpu's no matter what?

It will probably never happen, the 4 680's, but just for the knowledge if it's possible or not.

Associate
nope perko

im now running 2 680's on 3 30" hazro monitors and haveing no problems with games the 4gb isnt needed at all at present.

Im getting full 60fps with vsnc on in skyrim with everything maxed out on ultra but i am only running 2x AA

can get 70fps with most thing maxed out in batman and battlefield 3 runs flawleslly on 2 680's so i would say that two is more than enough.

Associate
nope perko

im now running 2 680's on 3 30" hazro monitors and haveing no problems with games the 4gb isnt needed at all at present.

Im getting full 60fps with vsnc on in skyrim with everything maxed out on ultra but i am only running 2x AA

can get 70fps with most thing maxed out in batman and battlefield 3 runs flawleslly on 2 680's so i would say that two is more than enough.

Sounds really nice.
Can you post a picture of you're setup? I would really like to see how 3 Hazro 30" look next to each other :).

Associate
Hi there i have a HZ27WC monitor does any1 have any setting and programes
i can use with this ati 7970. to get higher refresh rates. thx in response.

Back
Top Bottom