Hello All....Official Gigabyte Support Rep

Soldato
I mean whats so different to the other Z68X-UD ... boards, that makes this impossible / hard to do?

I guess it has something to do to the various controllers used, perhaps no UEFI oproms for them etc.

I guess its time to look at a replacement perhaps ASUS or MSI this time both are more experienced with AMI UEFI.

Soldato
Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm from Gigabyte and will be officially supporting users on OcUK forums.

If you have any questions then please feel free to post them and I will try my best to answer them within a reasonable time frame.

GIGA-Man

your mobo sucks, i'm very upset about it....see my post

It is buggy as hell, there's no proper bios that you can download for it and it's vanished from ``start up``...the pc boots instantly into the password page..... or stays on ``shutdown`` before suddenly starting up

Last edited:
Caporegime
your mobo sucks, i'm very upset about it....see my post

It is buggy as hell, there's no proper bios that you can download for it and it's vanished from ``start up``...the pc boots instantly into the password page..... or stays on ``shutdown`` before suddenly starting up

Sounds like user error as mine is fine.

Can you maybe instead of just saying "sucks" maybe explain fully and concisely the issue you are having.

Soldato
well as per my other thread, there is no BIOS MENU at start up, the pc flashes instantly into the password page.

you turn on the pc.... it's black screen for 5 seconds and then it shoots straight into the password page

the bios was there for the first day or so, it either vanished due to something speeding up the rig with ``fast boot or instant boot`` or it vanished due to the beta BIOS later on.

pc has has CMOS and Battery turn off, plus another flash BIOS boot, nothing.

but the start up BIOS is there if you use the onboard graphics and remove the GPU.... this is maybe because the start up sequence slows right down.

the pc overclocks fine with Easy Tune.

PC has AVG and AVG Tune Up, but i cant be sure when the start up BIOS screen dissapeared

Caporegime
well as per my other thread, there is no BIOS MENU at start up, the pc flashes instantly into the password page.

you turn on the pc.... it's black screen for 5 seconds and then it shoots straight into the password page

the bios was there for the first day or so, it either vanished due to something speeding up the rig with ``fast boot or instant boot`` or it vanished due to the beta BIOS later on.

pc has has CMOS and Battery turn off, plus another flash BIOS boot, nothing.

but the start up BIOS is there if you use the onboard graphics and remove the GPU.... this is maybe because the start up sequence slows right down.

the pc overclocks fine with Easy Tune.

PC has AVG and AVG Tune Up, but i cant be sure when the start up BIOS screen dissapeared

So your complaint is it boots too fast? first time I have ever seen anyone moan that their PC is too quick :p

Is fast boot enabled in the BIOS? if you cant press DEL fast enough to get into the BIOS then there is a DTB button (direct to BIOS) that will take you there when you next restart.

Soldato
nope it's not working, all that happens is that the black screen lasts longer before the password page appears.

easy tune works fine

Caporegime
Clear the CMOS.

Turn the PC off, press the button near the two USB ports.

Then you have to pull out and refit the 24pin plug to get it to work again (its a complete and utter wipe)

Soldato
i've pretty much done that yesterday by accident :D

right, you only see the BIOS GIGABYTE screen at start up with the GPU removed and the HDMI switched to onboard graphics........ there is no GPU installed right now and it's fine

fast boot was not enabled... it was fine, the BIOS update makes no difference.

when the DTB button is pressed before rebooting, it freezes the screen at
``restart``.......it did this continually before i finally removed the 7990.......CMOS is similar and i've done it loads of times now.

but i also removed the power plug from the PSU.... pressed CMOS.....pressed Battery, nothing

the GPU is causing the pc to skip the GIGABYTE opening window....but it's not a disaster because i can still OC via Easytune.

this MOBO is no better than my ASrock, it's far too complicated and the BIOS downloads are ``hit miss or maybe`` !!!!

i cant even adjust the fans in Easytune.... so i'll have to find a software for that

Caporegime
You should not be able to reboot the PC after pressing the DTB button until you have removed the 24pin plug and refitted it.

The BIOS downloads, you sure you getting the right ones? as there is the non Force version and LN2 version of this board.

Soldato
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 bios issue

From cold boot I can enter the bios and both keyboard & mouse work
from a reboot I can enter the bios but the keyboard & mouse stop responding!
from a reboot with only the keyboard or mouse plugged in I can enter the bios and the plugged in device works fine!

so basically to use the bios I have to either cold boot or remove the keyboard or mouse!

tried different usb2 ports (not tried usb3 ports)

cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
You should not be able to reboot the PC after pressing the DTB button until you have removed the 24pin plug and refitted it.

The BIOS downloads, you sure you getting the right ones? as there is the non Force version and LN2 version of this board.

it is still not working with the 24 pin removed, please think of something else because i am damaging the PCI slot by continually removing the card, how many times do you think i've tried this..... it will not boot the start up BIOS with the 7990 there, the fault is something else.... it is starting up way too fast, it's booting instantly into the password page..........

the bios is the one you guys gave me !!!.... it's on my other thread
GA-Z97X-SOC Force - F7d.....it's this and also the older version.... the BIOS menu is fine, it's either a ``fast boot`` from somewhere else or a bug in AMD Catalyst.

unfortunately i cant remember when BIOS disapeared, because i usually start the pc and then walk off, so you wouldn't notice would you

Last edited:
Soldato
its a DVI to HDMI connector with 4xMini DP, i'm going from tv HDMI to the gpu DVI connector.....is there another way of doing it ?

i'm convinced it's the GPU, it's bypassing the start up, i've no idea what to do now, the gpu is in the top PCI slot, maybe it should be in another slot.

it works without the GPU, most odd........AMD Drivers? not sure, because there's no ``fast boot`` setting there.

in Easy tune it did say ``boot SATA not recognised``, but it is in BIOS, it also said in Catalyst ``java script not installed``.... but i dont think that's anything much.

the mobo works fine via Easytune and you aint going to get that cpu above 4.6 anyway, but it would be nice to get into BIOS easily, the mobo wasn't expensive, but i doubt i'll buy another Gigabyte because the cheap i5 Asus that only cost 60 quid is a much better card.

with that card you can adjust the BIOS menu time on the screen at start up, plus you can adjust all the fans too, that mobo had the same GPU as now, so maybe it isn't the gpu after all.....because the Asus never crashed once.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The fast boot setting is in the boards BIOS on the same page as the drives/boot options are listed.

Also,

because the Asus never crashed once.

So the Gigabyte board has crashed? which I don't think you have mentioned before, if so then your overclock is unstable, simple really.

When you power this PC ON, have you tried hammering the DEL key to hell and back?

Soldato
The fast boot setting is in the boards BIOS on the same page as the drives/boot options are listed.

Also,

So the Gigabyte board has crashed? which I don't think you have mentioned before, if so then your overclock is unstable, simple really.

When you power this PC ON, have you tried hammering the DEL key to hell and back?

fast boot BIOS is set to normal, i've never adjusted that.

Gigabyte board crashed via Prime ............Asus did not, the ASUS doesn't have any of this faulty BIOS either, because in addition to the BIOS missing:-

sleep and hibernate doesn't work either, it's too sensative, it starts up even if you walk past the pc..... you can not put it into sleep mode and then put the mouse/keyboard down, it starts up instantly

finally:- Asus didn't have AVG speed tune and this i'm very suspicious of, because this has loads of start up tuning stuff, SATA tuning...everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom