Hip-hop thread

Associate
Randomly came across a guy called "Immortal Technique" very refreshing actually rapping about things going on in the world and things that have happened rather than talking pure garbage.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Been listening to this fella called Joyner Lucas lately and he's been smashing it in my opinion. He feels like a cross between Eminem and Method Man which is quite a decent combination.

uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco
I ain't Spanish but I know the lingo
Atlantic told me that my flow a hundred
But my album ain't come unless I got a ******' single
Well I don't give a **** about no hit record
I'mma just remix y'all **** and get big off it
I'mma just murder every mother ******* beat while I'm dreaming of gettin' paid in my mother ******' sleep

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'm sorry but you can't compare Big Pun to Chris Rivers. Different kettle of fish, man. He's said previously that he wanted to disassociate himself from him, hence whey he removed Baby Pun from his stage name.

Associate
Umm, yeah I know all that, I've been following him for a long time. But I wasn't comparing them.
Was meant to point out how he is getting big in the rap world now, I didn't say any thing about making it off his dads legacy.

Caporegime
that black eyed peas video great idea not bad.expected black thought from roots to drop a verse.:p

big l was amazing. cant say i listen to much american stuff now days. uk been popping off for years and better than the average american mumble rapper. do like school boy q though.

Permabanned
Not sure how much you guy's have heard from Logic but he deserves a mention up in here, not many can rap better imo one of the best doing it presently. Word play, flow, radio hits, real stuff he's actually a role model you would be proud for your kid to have. Rare in these day's.

That last one is a masterpiece with multiple layers of depth.
Seems like he's only been out for a little while but he's got quite a large body of work that he's made in a short amount of time, I could post song after song from this guy.

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Ocean Wisdom is awesome, both albums are great

Word! He's playing in Nottingham on the 8th May, I may have to get a ticket.

__

This popped up on my iTunes the other day, forgot how good of an album it is!

That Big L verse on All Love is so good.

Back
Top Bottom