Hip-hop thread

Soldato
The issue with Nas' album is beats and production.. It's almost as if he recorded the bars then Kanye flipped a coin and chose a random beat for each song.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

If you consider yourself a hip-hop head, check out Stretch & Bobbito - Radio That Changed Lives. £3.49 to rent on Amazon. The Wu-Tang series is pretty good too; Of Mics and Men.

Soldato

think this is my favourite that I’ve gone back to the most so far. His flow his amazing

also, do many of you listen to Romesh Ranganathan’s podcast, how hip hop saved my life? He has some decent guests

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Ocean Wisdom is fast becoming one of my favourite UK MCs without a doubt. Wizville was such a strong album I'm looking forward to his next bit of work.

Wizville wasn't all that good imo. Few decent tracks on there; Don was the best though. That Pete Cannon beat was banging.

Associate
I have a lot of time for Token at the moment. Came across his Fire In The Booth and looked up a couple of freestyles he had done, then nabbed both of his albums. Clever kid.

And this video is ace. Top cinematography on an ultra-low budget.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Ocean wisdom been smashing it, best thing out of the UK since Lowkey.

My current commute bangers are a bit more 1extra hahaha

Keep your ear out for Jevon, he's going hard!

Soldato
Yesss! I had their back in business and out of business albums. Haha I was a little G!

Damn dizzee coming back hard! Never rated him... #jeees

I don't think he ever fell off. He just chased that Calvin Harris money.

I actually think I prefer his verse on this

Can anyone recommend any songs or even instrumentals which are of the same ilk as this?

21 years old and yet this song always finds its way onto my playlists. Those trumpets.... I feel Outkast were never as popular as they should've been

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom