Hip-hop thread

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Benny the Butcher
I tried... can't say he's nothing knew or even better just a clone of the default. Decent production on a couple but lyrically hes boring me.

Which is your fave? I'll try that video...

Any love for Aitch? Flow is a bit dry but lyrically he's got game for a young'n

Still gonna plug Jevon for big things:

Represent!

Soldato

Just found Ocean Wisdom and can't believe this is the first time I have found his work. Youtubes algorithm really sucks. Went through all his tracks and also found some other talented artists like the 4 owls i'd never heard of before. Him and Casisdead need to link up.

Edit, ha, just seen someone else posted him a few posts up! I should have checked this thread more often.

Soldato
Edit: Haha that jacket!! "Bare logos, bare designers, you guys lookin like F1 drivers" :D Avirex? Or halfords haha!

It's funny how money changes people. i remember when he just used to wear a WWF wrestling t-shirt and threw all his designer stuff in the bin because "thats not me". As soon as they go over to America they're all about the money, jewellery and designer clothing :(. Too much flexing in American rap, whats the point in listening to someone tell you how rich they are for 5 mins? That's why I prefer artists like Casisdead, although even he's started flexing now.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Tell me some of you are watching rap game uk? Episode 2 they battle and oh my days some **** goes down!

Soldato
Are there any decent US rappers left, or is it all dumbed down, auto tuned mumbling these days? I feel like such a "boomer" when I look for tracks on Youtube as it almost all sounds awful to me. It used to be my parents saying my rap music was crap and now im doing the same for the current rap music. I imagined myself always listening to rap until I got old, but now I tend to just listen to older rap and the new stuff just sounds retarded to me.

This is why i'm glad there are some UK artists that value their work more than money and haven't changed their content to appeal to the current US market.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The problem isn't lack of talent, it's an over exposed industry now where mainstream hip-pop is as you describe so you have to look down the little side paths youtube takes you.

Mainstream wise J Cole got talent but he getting old hat already, any other decent new mainstream artist... you're going to have to let me know who you find.

So much decent music coming from UK and even Africa now the US scene had no chance, especially as it was in its cash money little Wayne faux-talent ******** phase with the biggest rap artist to have ever lived making pop music with ghost writers... it's redefining itself at the moment, just a shame US radio aren't taking any notice.

Associate
Are there any decent US rappers left.

Yelawolf has been killing it this year, TM3 is my most listened to album on itunes for 2019, just released his new album too which I can already tell im gonna be playing on repeat a lot . Rittz is always worth a listen. He’s got a new album coming end of Nov always pre order his stuff and never been disappointed.

Soldato
Thanks, i'll have a look into these when I have some time. I did hear a track yesterday with Logic and Wu Tang that was much more like it, so theres still hope.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Thanks, i'll have a look into these when I have some time. I did hear a track yesterday with Logic and Wu Tang that was much more like it, so theres still hope.
I saw Logic at Leeds festival, I was expecting Logic, a black guy from the UK so imagine my surprise when a white guy with an american accent walks out haha

Associate
Anybody have any love for the Southern country hip hop. Jelly roll, Upchurch, Struggle Jennings. Those kinda guys. Noticed the other day that other than a few of the artists I listened to in the 90’s My Hip Hop playlist seems to be mainly made up of these country white guys.

Back
Top Bottom