***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Associate
I'm super tempted to order Deluxe just so I don't waste my day off - that's not a wise move financially though, and means I've missed out on play time for nothing :(
Can be found on the web for sub-standard version prices if you get desperate :)

I refunded my steam purchase after hearing of performance issues, waiting to judge if they actually fix it or not.

Man of Honour
From what ive seen it cant manage 60fps maxed out at 4k with RT

Doesn't really matter what system specs you have the bottleneck seems to be the amount of data it is moving around, which also increases, and increases the strain on the already heavily utilised buses, with resolution.

EDIT: I've a sneaking suspicion the DRM is exacerbating the issue as well - as so often the case just impacts on honest people and doesn't prevent those pirating the game.

I can't tell without a deeper dive whether it is DRM, malware protection, etc. but there seems quite a bit of time when the game slows down to like 16 FPS where IO is stalled waiting on something CPU processing wise which I suspect is scanning the data.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Soon as you turn on RT, albeit it only really does much for reflections, the performance goes the other way, in some cases by a lot.
I'd imagine so yeah, it was more that AMD haven't released drivers yet and just shows the untapped potential of the card. Not that most people game at that resolution either. Just an interesting read. :)

Underboss
Enjoying the game so far, not done a great deal of the story yet but managed to get 21:9 at 3440x1440 working well enough. A nice Reshade has helped with some of the visuals but hoping the upcoming patch helps performance a bit.

Associate
Really REALLY want this game, is the performance as bad as some of you make out? or are you being over dramatic lol i dont mind playing with RT off and a mix of high/medium as longs as i can hit 60fps

Man of Honour
Really REALLY want this game, is the performance as bad as some of you make out? or are you being over dramatic lol i dont mind playing with RT off and a mix of high/medium as longs as i can hit 60fps
The performance is fine for me, the RT doesnt look all that impressive in the game anyway so I've turned mine off and just running on 1440 ultra. I do get the fps drops, most commonly around cutscenes but its far from being unplayable. As its Friday tomorrow anyway, you could always wait until tomorrow night and see what the feedback is from tomorrows day one patch.

Man of Honour

Turning RT off you generally don't get the plummets to like 16FPS but performance is all over the place - I was just messing about and in one place turned a corner and FPS dropped to 25, turned off (some) RT in the settings and it went to 61, but then restarted the game and it was at 84 with RT on even and turning RT on and off didn't make much difference :s hopefully the patch will fix it.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the feedback, yeah im going to wait and see what the day 1 patch is like before i buy, will be keeping my eye on this thread, do really want the game though as from the very little ive seen so far, it looks great

Associate
The rumours are Eurogamer / Digital Foundry are not running any content on this game, either in the form of a review or tech analysis. Interesting.

I think they mentioned not reviewing broken games - until it’s fixed. Hoping it’s for that reason - I have a good amount of respect for them - at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom