***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Yeah, still using the bottom RT option (can’t remover the name, RT AO?)

One of the videos I saw said that AO basically didn't even work at all.

The reflections one was on some things like mirrors but not on surface water for example.

The shadows looked worse than having it disabled and set to High in details.

Try with RT fully off, set all options generally to High rather than Ultra :)

Last edited:
It was someone else that mentioend it, now this lift /might/ be evident in some games but I haven't noticed it in anything else. I edit photos on my screen more than play games on it for example and black is pure black, same with watching videos or playing games that do have proper black (Res Evil Village) not washed out black (Res Evil 2 Remake).

@HungryHippos yep my power profile in that screen is also Normal. Windows power mode is on Balanced as I like having the system throttle down to like 0.5w CPU (500MHz) and stuff when idle etc.

Then I am at a loss.

Obliviate! :D

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Turning off vsync is the way to go and I would say that is why as well. Cutscenes never had an issue for me, even with the 21:9 fix for cutscenes.

Oddly i just hooked up my TV to my PC and tried this game on that in 4K HDR and it honestly runs better on that than it does on my desktop monitor thats 1440p 165hz, i guess the much smaller fps swings helps with the stutter.

Oddly i just hooked up my TV to my PC and tried this game on that in 4K HDR and it honestly runs better on that than it does on my desktop monitor thats 1440p 165hz, i guess the much smaller fps swings helps with the stutter.

Found the same too, think down to locking to 60 fps as well rather than having fps going back and forth, bit frustrating as that is one of the reasons for VRR tech to make fps fluctuations feel/look smoother :/

If you have either of the next gen consoles and have anything less than a 3080ti i suggest you get this on console lol thats if you want to play at 1440p, i was fine for the first 2 and a half hrs getting above 60fps, as soon as on the road to hogsmead fps went down to 25fps!

Was unplayable! luckily steam refunded me despite being over the 2hrs, its a real shame as i was absolutely LOVING this game, it is the best single player game emersion wise ive played since skyrim

If you have either of the next gen consoles and have anything less than a 3080ti i suggest you get this on console lol thats if you want to play at 1440p, i was fine for the first 2 and a half hrs getting above 60fps, as soon as on the road to hogsmead fps went down to 25fps!

Was unplayable! luckily steam refunded me despite being over the 2hrs, its a real shame as i was absolutely LOVING this game, it is the best single player game emersion wise ive played since skyrim
My 3060TI is doing ok in 1440, 10 hours in now, besides, I'd rather cut my eyes out than desecrate myself with a console :D

My 3060TI is doing ok in 1440, 10 hours in now, besides, I'd rather cut my eyes out than desecrate myself with a console :D
What fps are you getting? i had everything at high settings, rt off, and on the way to hogsmead fps tanked down to a stuttery 25fps! lol it was literally unplayable for me from then on :( wish i could have carried on but put in for refund as was already over the 2hrs playtime

Currently playing this through and am about 6.5 hours in. Frame rate seems stuck at 75fps where i've limited it to ingame (graphics card is barely awake (RX6900XT)) all settings Ultra but RT off at 1440p (recommended settings). No dips or lows, didn't notice any slowdown to Hogsmeade or anywhere really. Occasional stutter maybe, but very rarely.

Liking it so far.

Edit: May try setting everything to high after reading the last few pages.
Edit2: 32GB RAM.
Edit3: After looking at the guide over the last few pages, all I changed were "Particles" from Ultra to High. The game looks better for it, and maybe a placebo effect but it seems smoother, certainly no hitches to report.

Last edited:
What fps are you getting? i had everything at high settings, rt off, and on the way to hogsmead fps tanked down to a stuttery 25fps! lol it was literally unplayable for me from then on :( wish i could have carried on but put in for refund as was already over the 2hrs playtime
Generally between 60 and 70, a mix of Ultra and High settings, RT off, DLSS on (with the updated DLSS driver), I do have a 1000w PSU and 32Gb of memory though

Last edited:
Ah yeah, i have 16gb ram and my psu is very close to the limit lol ive been looking on youtube and it seems others with my same card are getting 60 to 70fps with dlss on....im thinking that maybe, for some reason dlss wasnt on or not working properly for me lol as when they turn it off they get
same fps as i was experiencing, ahh well, i need a new psu to play this game anyway as made mine tick when in the wilds lol

Ah yeah, i have 16gb ram and my psu is very close to the limit lol ive been looking on youtube and it seems others with my same card are getting 60 to 70fps with dlss on....im thinking that maybe, for some reason dlss wasnt on or not working properly for me lol as when they turn it off they get
same fps as i was experiencing, ahh well, i need a new psu to play this game anyway as made mine tick when in the wilds lol

There are a couple of tweaks like updating the DLSS version, increasing shader cache, adding a limit to one of the cache values via a file edit, and then on top of that not using Ultra for detail.

Combo of all of those seems to have taken care of the stuttering for me.

Theres something really weird about that scene, nowhere else in the game has hit my FPS as much as that sorting cutscene

True but I got the stuttering quite badly in some other random cutscenes as well!

Back
Top Bottom